It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street, Economic Vamparisme, Why Profitting Off Others Is Bad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

A command economy and minimum wage brought us out of the depression and then ww2 solidified our place in the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

A command economy and minimum wage brought us out of the depression and then ww2 solidified our place in the world.

Then it gets hijacked, if Government was transparent and out in the open for public scrutiny, by the forth estate, it would be different. But that essential arm of democracy was bought off decades ago.
edit on 22-1-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Totally agree.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

find another company to work for.

Tell that to the families of the great depression...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
You mean the families of today?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

First off, businesses don't create jobs just for the hell of it. Jobs are a by product of the company needing a service to be completed. Your assumption that the employees hired to perform that job are paid less than they are worth is flawed. As has been stated time and time again, wages are simply where the supply and demand intersect as far as labor is concerned.

It is nothing new to offer employees shares in the company. Most companies do it all the way down to the lowest paid employee.

I would argue that we have been conditioned to except exploitation. I have a very hard time when someone tells me that a man sitting in the corner office making what 100 employees make in a day, in one hour. That has very little to do with supply and demand and has a whole lot more to do with tradition and culture, maintaining the niche of power that has been crafted and carved out since the time of the monarchs and slave masters. I son of a bitch attending a meeting, responding to 15 emails, taking 10 calls, going to gym, checking his stocks and asserting a sense of leadership does not, by my estimations, equate the insane pay gaps that are evident in the business world. IT is an "old boys" club that is self perpetuating and self serving. I love business and innovation, but I rather despise the culture and economics that are at play within the typical hierarchy. I can't help it

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

During any economic down turn, leaving your job due to wage disparity is not always the best course of action is my point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join