It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft related things to see in or around Seattle.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: Imagewerx

Great shots, now you see why I love it here.

Thanks. We don't get allocated public viewing areas in England like we used to,my local Gatwick has been closed for that for about fifteen years now.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Today I visited the Museum of Flight at Boeing's Renton airfield. Well worth a visit if you like all ages of aviation and space related stuff,but allow a whole day if possible if you want to see everything properly. I think the big stuff (747,Dreamliner,Concorde etc) used to be out in the open but are in the massive open sided hangar construction.

And the rest of them here......Flickr

It would be really nice to get a bit more feedback on my photos,such as too many,not enough,too varied,not varied enough etc,are they amy good are any that particularly stand out? I'm in a b&b on a very slow connection on a tablet that makes resizing and uploading them a long and tedious job,so it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time or not doing this
please.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The photo quality is is excellent. I would prefer a thumb nail that linked directly to the flickr page though. When I click on the ATS thumbnail it makes it too big on my PC screen to see it all without scrolling or having to re-size the window.
There isn't such a thing as too many photo of cool stuff like this. It does give those that might never get a chance to see places like this in fine well exposed detail like in your shots.

I see you got to visit Snoqualmie Falls too, glad the weather cooperated with most of your visit here.

Oh and did you find Johnson's cowboy hat in AF1?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Late to the Party,

Museum Of Flight (M-21/D-21, Darkstar, Concord et al among the highlights)
Paine Field (you never know what your gonna see , we got to see a E-7A Wedgetail taxing and the pilots slowed and waved to my son)
Boeing Field, take the tour etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There's a boat plane airport in the middle of the city

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

WA. You might try Whidbey. I make fun of island people (Schuyler) for being weirdos (because they are) but the islands and peninsula are beautiful.

Ha! Try Bainbridge. It's been pretty nice weather these last couple of days. Hope your last day in Seattle is a good one. I just went through Heathrow. Believe me, SeaTac is better. Smooth flight. It's a loooooong one!

All you ATSers in the Seattle area; we ought to have a mini-convention. Maybe meet at the Central Tavern in Pioneer Square for a beer.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The photo quality is is excellent. I would prefer a thumb nail that linked directly to the flickr page though. When I click on the ATS thumbnail it makes it too big on my PC screen to see it all without scrolling or having to re-size the window.
There isn't such a thing as too many photo of cool stuff like this. It does give those that might never get a chance to see places like this in fine well exposed detail like in your shots.

I see you got to visit Snoqualmie Falls too, glad the weather cooperated with most of your visit here.

Oh and did you find Johnson's cowboy hat in AF1?

The reason for the links to just the ATS gallery photos is that for some reason my Android tablet will copy the links from Flickr,but oddly there's nothing there when I go to paste them. It works fine on all other sites,just not Flickr meaning the only way I can get Flickr tags across is to copy them manually one figure at a time. It'd be fine at home on my PC,it's the tablet that"s the problem here.

Oh and no to the hat,why and what is it's significance?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Late to the Party,

Museum Of Flight (M-21/D-21, Darkstar, Concord et al among the highlights)
Paine Field (you never know what your gonna see , we got to see a E-7A Wedgetail taxing and the pilots slowed and waved to my son)
Boeing Field, take the tour etc.

All of that but nothing exciting flying. Except for thr U-haul van and pickup truck that had a rapid coming together at the junction before the museum,the pickup got all four wheels off the ground,if that counts as flying?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
There's a boat plane airport in the middle of the city

Do you mean Lake Union and Ranmore Air? If so refer back to the previous page for my photos taken there.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I just heard that there are going to be some crafts there next weekend! P40's, B-bombers (the 42's), and what not

So if you can go... GO!

(for four grand you can fly a combat plane! If you have your pilot's licens. Man, a P42 would be so sweet)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

On the VC-137 they have, one of Lyndon B. Johnson's cowboy hats is in the glassed off office rooms on the plane. It was a little game for people to spot the hat.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'd like to but I'm now on my way home. Currently stuck at Las Vegas which is shut by a storm only Bruce Willis can save us from . Hopefully NASA still have him on speed dial.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Possibly,I'll have a look at my photos when I get home.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Consider the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum located in McMinnville, Oregon. The Spruce Goose is there.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So now that your trip is over, what was your favorite highlight of the trip?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Consider the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum located in McMinnville, Oregon. The Spruce Goose is there.

Maybe next year,but I'd definitely like to see the Spruce Goose!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So now that your trip is over, what was your favorite highlight of the trip?

Mother nature at it's most jaw dropingly beautiful (Morning Glory near Old Faithful)........

The Connie/Super Connie has always been my all time favourite aeroplane.Designed back in the day when designers had enough imagination to remember that machines can show form over function.But in all the time I've been looking at planes,this is only the third Connie I've seen in real life.Apart from the now flying Breitling Connie,I don't know of any others in Europe.So this for the man made stuff.....

And the glass museum for art stuff.......

This image of impending carnage will stay with me for a LONG time (the idiot in the boat is saying "if we ignore it,maybe the big spinning human dicing thing on the front of it won't hurt us")....

Oh and seeing the Dreamlifter take off was an unexpected bonus......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Thats a fair clip from Seattle. That being said its a nice museum and it has a very very cool (albiet small indoor water park) All four slides come out of a old 747 mounted on the roof!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join