It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft related things to see in or around Seattle.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Honestly, I've never been there. Lol. I don't think it's too long though. You could probably do the under ground, Pike's Place and the Columbia tower observation deck in one day since their all located pretty close to each other.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As far as Yellowstone goes , the Lamar valley at sunrise or at sunset is the best place to see wolves in the park

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Honestly, I've never been there. Lol. I don't think it's too long though. You could probably do the under ground, Pike's Place and the Columbia tower observation deck in one day since their all located pretty close to each other.

I'll let you know if it's any good,you might want to visit it one day (or not!!!)Pike's place looks nice,I want to say I've done the tall buildings like the Columbia tower and Space Needle but me and heights really don't get on well together.My head spins if the kerb is just a bit too high (LOL!).

Oh and about the hidden gems again.I'm still on a quest to find an aeroplane converted into a diner,is there nothing like this in the Washington/Montana area?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benzer
As far as Yellowstone goes , the Lamar valley at sunrise or at sunset is the best place to see wolves in the park

Thanks and it has been suggested that I choose my campsite to give me easy access to Lamar Valley for the sunrises/sunsets.Maybe Madison or Mammoth I reckon?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I don't think I know of any diners made from airplanes but there is Randy's, about a block south of the Boeing museum. It is an aviation themed hole in the wall diner with a plethora of historic aircraft photos and tons of airplane models hanging from the ceiling. The buffalo burgers are good there.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Mammoth is where my brother stays when wildlife watching in Lamar Valley. He visits once or twice a year. He took this January 2016

edit on 26-1-2016 by Benzer because: add pic

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Grizzlies from May 2015

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't think I know of any diners made from airplanes but there is Randy's, about a block south of the Boeing museum. It is an aviation themed hole in the wall diner with a plethora of historic aircraft photos and tons of airplane models hanging from the ceiling. The buffalo burgers are good there.

Thanks,I'll definitely give the buffalo burgers a taste,I hope they're made from real buffalo
?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benzer

Mammoth is where my brother stays when wildlife watching in Lamar Valley. He visits once or twice a year. He took this January 2016

Thanks.Haven't decided 100% If I will be camping yet,or maybe staying in somewhere like Gardiner that still gives reasonable access to the park.

Just love the photo of mum and baby grizzlies!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

Thanks,I'll definitely give the buffalo burgers a taste,I hope they're made from real buffalo
?

Of course.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Flying out in two weeks time so still looking or things to see while out there.I was hoping I could do the tour of the museum at Mc Chord air force base like I did at Travis last year,but I read it at first as if I don't hold a US passport or Washington state driving licence I need to be sponsored by someone with DoD credentials.But I see this on another page with details of what would give anyone base access.......

Foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 with printed notation on a
machine readable immigrant visa
• Foreign passport with a current arrival-departure record or foreign passport with INS Form I-94/I-
94A bearing the same names as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s
nonimmigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for an employer

As I understand it this means I can hold a non US passport,but need to have been granted residency in the USA, so there's no way I'll be able to get on the base?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If you can't get on the base, drive over to 112th or along Steele St S, Tacoma. They are along the North end of the runway and you should be able to see the C-17's lined up.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If you can't get on the base, drive over to 112th or along Steele St S, Tacoma. They are along the North end of the runway and you should be able to see the C-17's lined up.

I'll certainly give that one a look one day.Shame really as modern military transport planes just don't float my boat.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've just realised where I'm staying for one night near Spokane at Medical Lake it's only a mile or so from the boundary of Fairchild AFB.Is there much to see here apart from tankers,tankers and more tankers?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Tankers.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks Zaph,I was worried there might not be any tankers there.I see there's a Delta Dagger on a stick at the front gate,that's not a tanker is it? (LOL!)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's the tanker version they flew out of Fairchild.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph you always know how to make me lol

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Woo hoo,the adventure begins right about now! In Salt Lake City at the moment waiting for the short hop north to Bozeman.Have to wait until the second week until I get to Seattle.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well after a week in Yellowstone and not sering any grizzlies closer than about two miles away,it was nice to get back to civiliisation again and find this F86L gate guardian at Butte / Robert Mooney airport. Maybe Zaph or someone else can tell us what I guess is a rocket launcher shown in the last two photos is called,and did it actually work?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join