It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah Chamberlin found dead 1.5 miles away from home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If anyone wants to teach their kids some wilderness survival skills, below are a few good resources...

This story about a 3-year-old who survived 11 days lost in the Siberian woods happened during the summer, which is probably why she survived...

Rescuers think that 3-year-old Larina Chikitova was able to survive 11 days and nights in the Siberian woods because of her puppy. Little Larina Chikitova was lost deep in the bear and wolf infested woods of the frigid Sakha region, the coldest in Siberia, but she was able to beat the odds and find cover thanks to her pet dog. Despite being in danger and without food for nearly two weeks, emergency officials believe the girl was able to survive on her own because she had Kyrachaan, which means “Little One,” by her side to help discover a safe place to sleep.

Larina went into the woods, wandering after her father, who had embarked on a remote firefighting operation July 29, according to Central European News. Rescuers came across numerous bears before eventually finding the child. The tot was extremely thin, with mosquito bites covering most of her body, as well as scratches on her feet.

3-year-old & her puppy survive 11 days in the woods

A three-year-old girl has survived 11 days and nights on her own in the Siberian taiga which is infested with wild bears and wolves. Karina Chikitova was saved by her puppy who kept her warm for more than a week before leaving her to return home to summon help. The girl survived eating wild berries and drinking river water in territory roamed by bears and wolves, according to The Siberian Times.

Russian girl, 3, survives 11 days and nights lost in Siberian wolf and bear infested wilderness

Her family was beside itself when the girl's dog turned up alone nine days after Karina had set off. But it was the dog who led rescuers to the isolated spot where the child was cowering in high weeds.

3-year-old Siberian girl rescued after being lost in woods for 11 days

Temperatures dipped as low 40 degrees in the capital city of Yakutsk during that timeframe. The region, which is one of the coldest on earth, sports the coldest city on earth, and frequently sees temperatures dip well into the negatives during the winter. Luckily for Karina and search crews, Sakha Republic is in the middle of summer, upping the chances for survival and rescue.

www.weather.com...

Three-year-old girl survived 11 DAYS lost in Siberian wilderness

Earlier this week, three-year-old Joshua Childers wandered away from his home in southeast Missouri wearing only a T-shirt, sneakers and a pull-up diaper. After intensive searching for more than 52 agonizing hours, the 35-pound toddler was found alive three miles from his home in the wet, chilly and rough terrain of the Mark Twain National Forest, home to bears, mountain lions, and snakes.

Small Children: Kids between ages one and six usually travel between 0.67 and 1.65 miles. The smallest ones between one and three, like Joshua Childers, have no idea they're lost. If they're separated from their parents, they have no ability to find their way; they wander aimlessly, and they typically don't go very far. They're usually found sleeping.

Lost & Found: How a Three-Year-Old Survived 52 Hours in the Woods (and How You Can Too)

Survival for Kids Lost Wilderness - YouTube Search
Wilderness 'survival' skills for young children - Google Search
How to prevent toddlers getting lost in woods - Google Search
Wilderness Survival for toddlers - Google Search

Survival Training for Kids Part 1- Clothing Treatment Tips and Tricks
Survival Training for Kids Part 2- Dangers and Shelter
Survival Training for Kids Part 3- Water Procurement
Survival Training for Kids Part 4- Firecraft
Teach Your Kids Survival Skills - Scout Prepper
Begining backpacking with your kids
Teaching your kids survival tactics- Part 2

A few inexpensive pieces of equipment that will fit in your pockets are all you need to make survival and rescue a sure bet and your unforeseen stay in the wilderness a lot more comfortable.

In the modern world, you also often have the advantage of direct communication using a cell phone. Even in many wilderness areas, cell phones will work. So, if you have one, make sure you take it along. However, it can be a tragic mistake to rely exclusively on a cell phone. They are simply too unreliable to bet your life on, will not work in many circumstances due to technological limitations and too often don't work just when you need them the most, as many of us have discovered even in urban surroundings.

EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE

For families who spend a lot of time in the outdoors, having a child wander off and get lost is pretty unlikely. The S.T.O.P. acronym (Stop. Think. Observe. Plan.) is a great place to start, and is a helpful tool for kids when it comes time to remembering what they should do.

• STOP (Stay where you are)
• THINK (Don’t freak out)
• OBSERVE
• PLAN
• DRINK WATER
• FIND SHELTER
• PREPARE A SIGNAL
• KNOW BASIC ANIMAL SELF DEFENSE

Wilderness ‘survival’ skills for young children

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

THAT is great information/links...

I wish could give you 1000 stars...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

D A M MURG! ! ! ! !

MAN, that is a ton of awesome information!!! Thanks for that!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: korath

So this 2 year old kid walked a mile and a half all by himself did he? Quite the hike.

I agree, 1.5 miles at 2 years old...?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

He was located about 1.5 miles from where he had originally disappeared.

The search area kept being expanded as the days went on...

If an 1000 acres equals a little over 1.5 square miles then how could he have NOT been located...

Maybe I am just not thinking clearly...also, I read that the TBI isn't called in (I should know this as I live here) unless foul play is suspected or there is evidence to warrant that...

I don't know, sorry, just pissed off! and venting!

The TBI was not doing an investigation (or working the case) and was only assisting in the search, ie: vetting the family,friends and neighbors.
The TBI can only investigate if a district attorney requests an investigation and that didn't happen. I think that's where the confusion comes in because a lot of people don't know how that works in these cases. Hope that helped to clear up some of the confusion in all this. Thankfully the state is doing the autopsy so we will know more about what happened to him then. Hopefully.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

There's a lot to be said about the level of peoples awareness in
the woods. Barely a whisper of life and its cut short. That really
eats at me.

SnF
edit on Rpm12216v23201600000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Missing 411...

Sounds exactly to fit the bill, especially him being found where searchers have searched.

R.I.P. Little Dude

Prayers to the family and young child

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kef33890

the info is slightly different in the latest article I found....says he was found 1 1/2 to 2 miles away and they searched that area 1 time already

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Surprised the dogs did not locate him. Might be he got into water which threw off his scent.

a reply to: research100

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I know it is a gruesome possibility, but the poor little kid may have been dragged off by an animal. It only makes sense in the fact that he was not missing long when they repeatedly called his name with no response, and the search in the immediate area did not locate him.

I wonder if they actually figured in the possibility that it may have been an animal attack, early on in the search. An animal that has prey (excuse if I sound insensitive), will try and get as far away as possible from any civilization. A few searchers should have walked deeply into the woods in a direction perpendicular to the road. Easy to speculate, but just thinking about the situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just joined the site, happy to be on. OK, this story has been driving my CRAZY! So many things do not add up to me. Now I am not a major conspiracy person, and I can believe the grandmothers story to an extent as I have 4 young children, but here are my issues with all of this.
1. Boy ran off when grandmother was paying attention to his sister. At 2 years old, how did he negotiate the terrain and at that age, how far could he get before authorities went looking for him.
2. With the stated amount of people looking for him, if he was lost or scared no one would hear him crying "He is Two, Two year old's Cry when scared"! He was not going to call for help if he hears his name being called?
3. Only half a mile from the spot he vanished from? The search radius would not cover a half mile? Knowing the FACT that in many cases where the body of a missing person or child is found with in a 5 mile radius of its disappearance!
4. THE SEARCH DOGS Could not get a sent!!!???? He is two, Most 2 year olds are still pooping in their pants! There was no major weather events other than cold weather to cover his sent!
5. FBI involved? Hey I am happy they were there looking but the FBI usually does not get involved in local issues like this!
6. Air support and thermal imaging used to try and find him with no success.
7. They found his body in a clearing, no sign of foul play, no damage from wild animals?????

Maybe it did happy just as it has been reported but I really have a lot of bad feelings surrounding this entire case! At the end of the day my heart is broken, I cannot imagine any greater pain and terror as a parent, this case just does not add up in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

people who knew the little boy said he loved to hide and he ran all the time, and when he did adults could not catch up to him he was so fast

Anyone who has a toddler this age knows they can't move fast and they can't go far without getting tired. You have to carry a two year old on a walk in the woods. The whole thing is wrong IMO.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

jonas, they had dogs that could detect the scent in water and land, and nada....wiki he was found 1 1/2 miles not half a mile, one article said more like two so maybe it was between those 2 numbers.... (footprints led them to him) still from 411 site me know that young children are found farther away then one would expect..
edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: added senrtence

preliminary autopsy in...he died of hypothermia other results with take 8 to 16 weeks whnt.com...
edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: added sentence and link

people think something is amiss... there is a petition going around to have someone other than the chesterfield sherrif department to investigate

someone from the missing exploited childrens site said the search was one of the best, thorough he has ever seen.
edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: spelling, spelling spelling!

edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: removed 2 brackets

www.wsmv.com...

this post from the firechief is heart breaking

below is part of the post

Unless you were there and could see how well his little body blended in with the grass and brush around him. Unless you were there and saw that from 10 feet away you could have missed him. Unless you were there and realized that our search on Monday had stopped 400 yards short of were Noah was. Unless you were there and saw how men cried saying over and over again , we tried so hard, we did everything we could think of but it was just not enough to bring him home alive. Unless you were there and saw the Sherriff deputy with tears in his eyes take his coat off and gently wrap little Noah's body and carry him away to the waiting unit. Unless you were there you have no right to judge. Rest in peace Noah.
edit on 27-1-2016 by research100 because: added paragraph

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Unless you were there and saw the Sherriff deputy with tears in his eyes take his coat off and gently wrap little Noah's body and carry him away to the waiting unit. Unless you were there you have no right to judge. Rest in peace Noah.

I doubt many would judge the searchers.

What I question having walked two about the same ages is how a child that young could run off so far so fast and silently. They tire very fast and cry to be carried kids have energy but it burns out really fast hiking around the woods or even in a mall. I don't know why sometimes the dogs can even catch someone getting in a car and follow that trail and here they couldn't smell a boy as you would think they should if here was walking.

It looks like there will be no answers and that will be difficult for all involved. Look at the woods

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Final Autopsy Results Released

The Pathologic Diagnoses from Dr. Zimmerman concluded, “The child suffered from environmental hypothermia.”

He was found outside in cold weather with “waterlogged hands and feet. There were small gastric mucosal hemorrhages [and] pinpoint hemorrhages of the lining of the stomach.”

Noah also had some dermal abrasions, which are superficial grazes or scrapes to the skin on his face, legs and right hand.

The lab report found no evidence of ethanol or drugs of abuse in his system, but he did suffer from dehydration.

The medical examiner found no sign of violent trauma, broken bones or any evidence of poisoning.

News 5

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

so they are not sure how long he was dead because the temp dropped to 12 degrees over night

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes, exactly.

It is a sad sad story and the trail cams (if I remember correctly) never showed Noah.

Just sad all around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join