It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have a Serious Heat tolerance?(Spicy foods)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've been on the hunt to find something that is too hot for me without getting into the capsaicin extracts.
I've eaten raw habanero peppers and enjoyed it,I honestly don't find them that hot(but I love the flavor),I found Paqui Ghost Pepper chips to be a lot hotter,but beware if you try those chips they have some significant backblast if you know what I mean,but they still weren't hot enough for me. Thai foods aren't hot enough either(I always ask them to be made as hot possible),I feel like I'm on an endless quest because it seems like nothing is hot enough for me,I think I might have to start growing some ghost peppers or trinidad scorpion peppers.
edit on 21-1-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Tried those carolina reapers?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Tried those carolina reapers?

I have not,do you know where I might be able to get some seeds or the peppers fresh?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

8 bucks for seeds on ebay.

or get them on amazon for like 6 bucks.

TBH I've never actually seen the fresh peppers for sale anywhere.

Farmers markets?
edit on 21-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Also Carolina Reaper is suppose to be the hottest, but the Chocolate Bhutlah has been claimed to be hotter even though it doesn't register as high on the SHU, but all these food challenge eaters claim the chocolate bhutlah is the hottest.

LA Beast vs the Chocolate Bhutlah.

Habenero hottest I go, prefer jalapeno red/green.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
When I realized even ghost peppers wereny doing it for me anymore I considered Macing myself in my mouth

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I don't generally encourage laughing at other people's pain ... but that was hilarious and he did it to himself.

I kept thinking if it was that bad going down, don't you dare bring it back up!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That's one of the funniest things I ever saw , poor guy

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I love hot spicy foods from many cultures and in a wide variety of food types. I eat it for the mixed flavors and enjoyment.

Not out to beat or break any heat tolerance index records.

"Montezuma's revenge" is a bitch

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I love hot spicy foods from many cultures and in a wide variety of food types. I eat it for the mixed flavors and enjoyment.

I like flavor with my heat as well,I just like a ton heat with a lot a flavor.(part of the reason I love Thai food)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I make the worlds greatest hot sauce. Not just tooting my own horn, it's spectacular. I don't make it to be the hottest, but it'll take you out if you're not careful. But it has an awesome flavor to it. I'm tired of people stealing the bottles of it I take to work.

With that said I've beasted down Trinidad scorpions, ghost peppers, Thai curry in Thailand ( I think the hottest was the curry the Bangladeshi guys made in Kuwait) you name it.

But one time....I was in Kuala Lumpur and I got some squid in some kind of brown sauce from one of those side of the road improvised joints. Really just a cart near some tables and chairs.

I don't even know what was in it, but that stuff wrecked me for 3 days. It felt like I snaked my esophagus out with a saw chain and washed it down with thermite.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'm with you Slayer...
I can eat some crazy pepper action...the Ring of Fire the next day is worse than any searing mouth pain.
I guess some 10% of people aren't affected by it, though.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Man I'm a bonified hot headed pepper junkie. I made thread a few months back you might find some info in...

What's The Hottest Thing You've Ever Eaten? : The Worlds Hottest Extract.

...Just don't fall for the whole ghost pepper craze, there's pletny hotter peppers out there that don't taste like burnt dog hair soaked in kerosene. My favoright of the uber hots has got to be the scorpion pepper, I think the reaper is just an off shoot strain of it.

edit on 21-1-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I like the Carolina Reaper. My mouth is watering right now just thinking of 'em. Though they're rated the hottest, I can deal with them as opposed to the instantaneous burn of Ghost Peppers. Pure fire just lacks appeal. I completely relate to "watchitburn's" comment on washing something down with thermite. LMAO

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

LA Beast vs the Chocolate Bhutlah.

Habenero hottest I go, prefer jalapeno red/green.

After LA Beast ate those two peppers: "I can't see....I can't see anything...." lol

offtopic, but food related. released 16 hours ago: LA Beast new lime eating challenge

edit on 2112016 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I top out in the range of serrano's. For "enjoyment", jalapeno is what I typically do. Maybe chile de arbol

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Glad he's back at it, a few weeks ago he said he was giving up the eating challenges.

I love watching LA Beast.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I feel you on that, I can only go so hot before it turns into no flavor in my mouth but just a scalding...

Use to think I ate hot stuff til I hung out with a bunch of thai girls. Jalapenos got a nice flavor/heat, although sometimes it varies, I remember going to Rosa's Cafe and always getting the beef fajitas and that roasted jalapeno on top I always eat first.

Been a few dozen times I eat it first and its fire level is at maximum. Then I have to drink sour cream because my tea cannot quench this fiyah!

I miss going to Rosas.

those tortillas tho

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Indeed....Rosa's tortillas. They'd make an old Odor Eater edible.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Was on the quest myself. Couldn't find anything hot enough. Still haven't.

But my anus had enough I guess. If I eat very spicy foods now, it'll give me a 30 minute speech on how I need to stop...if you know what I mean.

Good luck on your quest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join