It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Australian government Valentich file found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Long term Australian researcher Keith Basterfield has just uncovered yet another
Department of Transport file on the 1978 disappearance of pilot
Frederick Valentich over Bass Strait, after he reported a Ufo.

You can read about the file's contents on Keith's blog at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: scullydana49

YIKES! Disappeared.....as in "Still not returned"?

Could you give me a quick breakdown of your link? At work at present....I sneak in a glimpse! HA! Thanks CB

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Pilot flying alone at night over ocean, reported encounter with mystery object.
Pilot and plane never found despite wide search. File contains official investigation
reports.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nice find! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the link.

It is always a boon when new information comes to light, and this information is very important, regardless of content, because it is from the Australian government.

Anyway, some of the links didn't work for me so I have tried to correct at least one.

Valentich case Au Gov

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
96 mb pdf file of Valentich case

Above is a direct link to the pdf file, thank you for bringing this to light.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I too tried to either get a link to open, but it did not, and then on another link I tried the name search, but nothings was found.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Can anyone with a working link take the time for any bullet points?

This case is one of the weirdest disappearances .. for those not familiar it happened in 1979 (was it? close anyway) in Southern Australia ... a young pilot on a short, routine flight over the ocean says he's being buzzed and toyed with by something green-lit that's "not an aircraft" and then it is hovering above him, then a weird metallic sound is heard over the radio and then nothing... no wreckage ... just nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scullydana49

I remeber this happening.

I was a bit of a UFO nut at the time, having seen something that defies a scientific explanation (a UFO very-close encounter).

I also remember the "Knowles Car Lift" case too.

It is good to get an additional proof that the Valentich incident really did occur. The case was just too weird and I am fairly sure that the "meteorite theory" is not vaild. The timing of the recorded details was too great for a meteorite or even a shower of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hi

The National Archives of Australia website is at
naa.gov.au...

There was a typo in the original blog link, which has now been fixed.

When at the NAA home page, type "dsj" into the "search the collection" window and click "go." This will take you to four files. All may be read online, and three have PDF copies which you can download.

Here is a working link to Keith Basterfield's 2012 summary of the contents of the first two files.

Regards

Pauline.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scullydana49
Long term Australian researcher Keith Basterfield has just uncovered yet another

The last time I read an update about this bloke he was purportedly in Mongolia. Not saying it was untrue , just it out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Great find! I find this case amazing...good to know we got more info about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The last time I read an update about this bloke he was purportedly in Mongolia. Not saying it was untrue , just it out there.

"Five years after, a real bizarre development:

One evening in August 1982 near the village of Iman, Primorskiy kray, Far East, Russia Lieutenant Colonel Igor Valerianovich Kazantsev, Commander of a frontier guard detachment near the hamlet of Iman, received a report of a suspicious man arrested by soldiers from his unit near the Soviet-Chinese border. One of the soldiers, Nikolay D (later to become a resident of Sevastopol, Crimea) in 2003 wrote to the Simferopol based “Secret Doctrine” Newspaper, confirming that he took over the watch on that date to watch over the Russian-Chinese border.
The text was later translated to Russian and following is an approximate translation:
“I am Frederick Valentich, Junior, pilot. I was captured together with my plane Cessna-182 by a UFO on October 21 1978 145 miles south of Melbourne. Because of very limited time and of extreme danger to my state, here is what is most important."
ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

One evening in August 1982 near the village of Iman, Primorskiy kray, Far East, Russia Lieutenant Colonel Igor Valerianovich Kazantsev, Commander of a frontier guard detachment near the hamlet of Iman, received a report of a suspicious man arrested by soldiers from his unit near the Soviet-Chinese border. One of the soldiers, Nikolay D (later to become a resident of Sevastopol, Crimea) in 2003 wrote to the Simferopol based “Secret Doctrine” Newspaper, confirming that he took over the watch on that date to watch over the Russian-Chinese border.
The text was later translated to Russian and following is an approximate translation:
“I am Frederick Valentich, Junior, pilot. I was captured together with my plane Cessna-182 by a UFO on October 21 1978 145 miles south of Melbourne. Because of very limited time and of extreme danger to my state, here is what is most important."

Good find, well done. I don't think that's what I read. If this is the case then multiple reports from the same place certainly strongly suggests that something very odd has occurred. I'll read it again.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Righto, I've read the source document and I am certain that this document is not what I read a number of years ago however, unfortunately I cannot remember with sufficient confidence, what the material I read, said, - getting old these days.

new topics

top topics

join