It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin links son's domestic-violence arrest to Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

From the article

she rejected the Republican establishment’s notion that Trump isn’t “red” enough.

“All of a sudden, they’re saying we’re not red enough; we’re not conservative enough. And I say, ‘What in the world do they know about conservatism?’” Palin challenged.

There you go. "Not conservavtive enough." It seems the only answer the 'populist leaders' of the conservative movement has is to be more and more conservative. Those 'leaders' want to lead our movement away from any involvement with 'the other side' and that is wrong. We need to speak and act in ways that demonstrate the value of our position, not beat them over the heads with our rightness. Is this not what we are always saying liberals do? These leaders seem to be racing for some absolutist philosophical purity that reeks of cultism.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Of course it's Obama's fault. He's also responsible for global warming, kittens dying, and cold pizza.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The craziest part of her speech implied if the soldiers were free to just kick ass there wouldn't be ptsd problems. How insane is this reasoning and the hundreds of people who went nuts when she said it.

As if killing people unrestricted somehow would create a lack of ptsd. It's the killing that created the situation in the first place. What a dumb ass.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Interesting , It appears according to her you need Jesus to heal from PTSD?

Note this video was made back in 2014 prior to this incident.

At the 1:40 - 2:10 Mark she talks about the healing power of Jesus for PTSD treatment.

" No amount of medication can replace the healing power of Jesus Christ" --Sarah Palin talking about PTSD treatment

video

So wouldn't Jesus be the one to blame versus Obama or medication for not healing her Son?

BTW everyone owes me some beers for listening to the full video.

edit on 34131America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jan 2016 15:34:46 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its always amazed me that so many soldiers, even ones that never saw any combat, thinks they were a hero and comes back with PTSD. I had an ex-girlfriend who worked in the motor pool when deployed somewhere in iraq in 2002-2004. I guess her job was a "mechanic" for various vehicles, although i'm not sure how she managed that because she was entirely mechanically inept, couldn't even change the oil in her toyota. She came back like she's just got back from Vietnam, claiming she got PTSD from being scared all the time. I once asked her "So what sort of combat did you see?" "well, I didn't see any actual combat, but a couple times I could hear mortars launching at the foward base on the other side of the city and never knew when one of them was going to land on us" "how far away was the forward base?" "oh, about 20 or 30 miles away."

I had a hard time taking her PTSD, and subsequent freakouts every 4th of July when the "mortars" were too much for her to handle, seriously after that.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"they come back a bit different, they come back hardened"

"Let's go kick Isis's ass"

Two SP quotes in historical order... The Matriarch of the fighting '49ers. The 'lady' needs to get on Track.

But here's what I don't get, or rather I am confused, did Sarah Palin endorse Trump, or did Trump allow her to endorse him?
edit on 21-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

First, I'm veteran that DID see action and I don't have PTSD. Nor do I pretend to have it. HOWEVER, it certainly IS possible to contract PTSD in the military without having seen combat. Some people get it just from Basic Training alone.

I can't speak to your ex, because you obviously know her better than I do, but don't roll your eyes at PTSD claims just because they were never in any actual danger.

Military PTSD Not Always Related to Combat

Combat Stress Mythbusters - Combat PTSD

You can only get mental illness if you have seen combat.

Far from it, there are many traumatic experiences that sailors, soldiers and airmen could witness during their military careers which take place outside of live combat situations. Whether it is training incidents, administering medical treatment, or other activities in war zones, these traumatic experiences can stay with personnel and lead to mental ill-health in later life.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, considering Track Palin is an anagram for Crap Talkin' why is anyone surprised what the lipstick-wearing pit bull says?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

but don't roll your eyes at PTSD claims just because they were never in any actual danger.

I know your reply wasn't to me and I can understand that and don't dismiss it , but having this coming from a politician who are known to B$ the public makes it rather hard not to be dismissive of her claims as some political weasel dance.

Not saying that it is a political weasel dance but it certainly could easily be as well?

edit on 41131America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jan 2016 15:41:36 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Doesn't she gets enough money in Alaska due to her ties to big oil companies to make sure her son gets the treatment it needs, or she rather have the tax payer to pay for it, what a joke, very soon she will have him disable and on SS.

No. She was elected up here as Gov because she DIDNT have ties to big oil. She actually passed a tax structure that stuck it to the oil companies.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Nothing wrong with cold pizza.

Thanks Obama!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I had always thought the Republicans were big on "put on your big boy pants"and"personal responsibility".

But then again, everyone knows that since 2008, regardless what happens to anyone; "

"ITS OBAMA'S FAULT!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
No one seems to be responsible for their own actions anymore.

Previous fault leader, "devil made me do it"

Current fault leader, "Obama did it"

I think the real reason for her son's action is two irritating people, irritating either other, too often.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I know people with PTSD, they don't use it as a "get out of jail free" card. For some, it is crippling.

And when anyone uses it as an excuse, it insults everyone else who sweats and works their asses off to overcome it.

Just my 2 cents on PTSD.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Of course it's Obama's fault. He's also responsible for global warming, kittens dying, and cold pizza.

Wait...you mean Obama is NOT responsible for cold pizza? ARRRGG!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Palin links son's domestic-violence arrest to Obamapage

Trump has managed to pissoff women, minorities and now Palin has alienated the military; it's as if they are orchestrating their own destruction. Wtf??? What kind of conservatives does that leave? ?

Moderate republicans must be confused and aienated as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho
This is Palins version of Obama's "If I had a son" speech.

No, it's not.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Its always amazed me that so many soldiers, even ones that never saw any combat, thinks they were a hero and comes back with PTSD. I had an ex-girlfriend who worked in the motor pool when deployed somewhere in iraq in 2002-2004. I guess her job was a "mechanic" for various vehicles, although i'm not sure how she managed that because she was entirely mechanically inept, couldn't even change the oil in her toyota. She came back like she's just got back from Vietnam, claiming she got PTSD from being scared all the time. I once asked her "So what sort of combat did you see?" "well, I didn't see any actual combat, but a couple times I could hear mortars launching at the foward base on the other side of the city and never knew when one of them was going to land on us" "how far away was the forward base?" "oh, about 20 or 30 miles away."

I had a hard time taking her PTSD, and subsequent freakouts every 4th of July when the "mortars" were too much for her to handle, seriously after that.

She could have seen a lot, even if not in combat. As for mechanical ability, I have fully rebuilt a 74 Monte Carlo. Could NOT find where to change the oil in my Ford Explorer and was disappointed to find that adding brake fluid was impossible...factory sealed, had to take it to a dealer.
edit on 21-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am thinking a jeep would be easier.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yeah, and Obama is the reason her ass needs wiping after she takes a dump too!

Truth be told, I'd just imagine that her kid's problems stem from parental neglect despite the fact that she's a patriarch for the party of "family values."

After all, who leaves their abusive/suicidal child in their moment of need to go across the country plugging for political candidates?

Truly pathetic.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This only broke national news because it was a Palin.

Sadly, this happens all the time out in that neck of the woods. Alaska has pretty high rates of alcoholism and domestic violence. People blame it on the darkness. IDK, get a freaking sun lamp or something, there's no good excuse to beat people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join