It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is poised for the strongest primary performance in modern history

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, I do not think they are laughing at us. They are scared. The international community know who he is. A shrewd, cutthroat business man who gets things done. He is not a politician that can be bought and bend over. I am sure they are worried that their foreign aid is going to dry up as he has promised.

No the UK is laughing at him.

We haven't much to be scared only laugh.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Bet there is a whole lot of you in the UK that would have wished you had a leader with the balls to shut down your borders, until you figured out how to handle it?

We are in fact doing that.

We have not got a open door policy like germany to muslim "refugees".

And in the next year we will be having a referendum to leave the EU giving us back our borders.

originally posted by: seeker1963How many times do we see people of all walks in the political realm saying ALL politicians are corrupt? LOL Glad Trump has the Globalist status quo running scared!

The answer though is not to replace the corrupt narcissistic politicians with a corrupt narcissistic buisnessman.
edit on 22-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The issue they were debating was about a person who is not even in elected office. You think that is efficient time management. No wonder we had to win your last two World Wars...

Derp derp derp to you too.

Seems your another American that doesnt know # about history.

Typical trump supporter uneducated and uninformed.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Guys....

Do you think any Americans realise that the rest of the world is laughing at them right now for seriously considering Trump as a presidential candidate.

Just like when George Bush was re-elected to the rest of the world this whole soap opera of American politics is a laughing stalk.

"Lets give everyone guns so they can go around shooting each other but lets also make them pay for health care and while we're at it how about we vote a TV personality as our president."

Honestly this is a joke.

Idiocracy was not a documentary!

Did they laugh when Reagan was elected too? We've never been a laughingstock at this level until obama was elected and reelected. People in the UK might take Trump as a joke, but no other foreign countries are laughing.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No, I do not think they are laughing at us. They are scared. The international community know who he is. A shrewd, cutthroat business man who gets things done. He is not a politician that can be bought and bend over. I am sure they are worried that their foreign aid is going to dry up as he has promised.

No we are laughing at him and those dumb enough to support him.

Really the other day at work a whole bunch of us were just killing ourselves laughing at the prospect of him being president. You can bet that all over the world there a groups of people having a good laugh about this.

He is not a "shrewd cut throat business man who gets things done" he is a thuggish bully with bad hair who made it with daddy's money.

Well, the UK doesn't get to vote for what's best for America. So while you and your pals sit around and chuckle about Trump over teacakes and cucumber sandwiches, Americans sit around and laugh at the current president and those that support him or hillary or bernie. By all means, laugh it up, there's a reason the colonists ran from that place and started their own new world here, don't forget that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, you guys even have journalists making petitions to ban him. That wreaks of either fear or immaturity. You can take your pick.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

What I see, from my perspective over here is someone who is big on hyperbole, big on talk and very little on substance.

I agree. His style is very close to professional wrestler promos. Like this:
Remember, a lot of people aren't looking for a boring administrator; they want an exciting "hero". Trump seems to serve that purpose to his fanbase.

I think most people would identify it as radical islamic terrorism. - So whats the insinuation here? Is it that people who don't believe all muslims should be tarred with the same brush are somehow wrong? Whats he on about?

It's part of the conservative/Republican version of being politically correct. If you don't use certain phrases, they get "outraged". These are the same people who get pissed if you use the phrase "white privilege", don't place your hand over your heart for the Star Spangled banner, and will call French fries "freedom fries" anytime there's a dispute with France. Yeah...

That would be radical islamic terrorism, wouldn't it? Doesn't he know whats going on already? Anyone with a spare hour and access to the net can get up to speed on the issue. So whats he trying to figure out exactly? What does that mean? Do you want to elect a president who discriminates entry into a country solely on religious grounds? How is that going to work? Who makes the decisions? - again - questions. No answers.

This actually touches on the right wing talking point that government can't do anything right, especially Democratic governments. The insinuation is that the incompetent government is probably letting in all kinds of terrorists since it's too incompetent to be vetting immigrants properly. So Muslim immigration should be stopped until a "competent" leader can get in office and figure out what's really going on.

Oh, and yes. They want to discriminate on the entire religion. I'm sure you've read the posts here on ATS where Trump supporters have said this. And if they aren't clear enough about it, here's Trump's own wretched spokeswoman saying it (segment starts around 58 secs):

Because its all about oil, right? Or is it? He doesn't know "whats going on" remember? And how is he going to cut the head off ISIS exactly? Another war? Boots on the ground? More dead servicemen and women? Millions of dollars in death tech used? How did that work out in Afghanistan? Or Iraq? Hasn't the US been bombing ISIS as part of a coalition for over a year now? Why isn't that working? Isn't "ISIS oil" Syrian or Iraqi Oil? Don't those sovereign nations get a say in things?

Basically, the answer to all of these goes back to the belief that only he (Trump) is competent enough to figure this stuff out. Everything that's already "known" is to be doubted until he gets into power and can see what's "really going on". And yes, he wants to attack them. He flat out said he'd "bomb the ___ out of them" and then "take the oil" at one of his rallies. He even said he'd then send in the oil companies, so I'm guessing he doesn't care about Syria or Iraq's claims to it (remember, even the Bush admin was saying they'd use Iraqi oil to pay for the Iraq War). Here's Trump's statement I was referring to (it's a short clip):

How? With what? How are Mexico going to pay for it? What happens if they don't? Who's going to built it?

I don't think he's said how he'd expect Mexico to pay for it. Though, looking at his ISIS oil statement, I'm guessing he'll claim he'd have American companies build it and then somehow force Mexico to pay for it. In fact, I just found this article from last summer where he claimed the Iraq War was the wrong war & that we should've invaded Mexico. So maybe that's his answer?

“We should have invaded Mexico”: Donald Trump bashes Iraq war, suggests a different one: Report

So its not great already? All of you guys over there who tell us its the best country in the world are lying? Why isn't it great? How is he going to do it? Who's going to pay for it? Does that mean new jobs, new infrastructure, new investment or simply more war, more military industrial complex, more money for the 1%? whats his economic policy, growth plan and how are you actually going to be better off and "great" once more?

There's a sizable demographic in the American right wing that constantly say they "want our country back". They've hated the changes in America ever since the Civil Rights Movement and the Great Society programs. They've been fighting to "take back" control of the laws and system, trying to undo all of those programs. The "Southern Strategy" and Lee Atwater's interviews about it are good places to start on that. I honestly don't think they care about the costs or any of that stuff. It's all about reclaiming "their" country and undoing all of the political and social changes that they hate.

Don't you want some substance? Shouldn't your presidential candidates be respectful to others, and therefore respected? What is the measure of the average american? Do you want/enjoy being perceived as ignorant loudmouthed bullies (which, whether Trump supporters like it or not does actually appear to be a shared perception of the man worldwide) or as a progressive, informed diplomatic nation?

"Progressive" is a cuss word to them, and they act like diplomacy and compromise are weaknesses. They like the "tough guy"/ultra masculine/macho image, so they seem to wear the things you mentioned as a badge of honor. Haven't you seen the people who root for the villain in a movie? Well, this is the extreme version of that. Remember, they even mocked Pres Obama for apologizing about the Bush administration's screw ups. They still mockingly call it Obama's "apology tour".

Hope that helps (assuming this is the post you were talking about)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The issue they were debating was about a person who is not even in elected office. You think that is efficient time management. No wonder we had to win your last two World Wars...

And then there's that. Unless you meant "other American" and forgot to finish the sentence.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I have to agree with you. I have not seen any well considered plans for any of his spur-of-the-moment concepts. He seems to be reading his audiences and reflecting their views to them. They, in turn, want to believe someone is listening to them. The Governor of Iowa was annoyed that Cruz would stop subsidy payments for corn ethanol, even though it no longer has any bearing on vehicular emissions. Trump will go with the flow because he hasn't really considered it other than as a way to get votes. Of course he is for subsidies in Iowa; the entire state is a cornfield.
Trump is so detached from the common man that he has no idea what life is like for them and doesn't seem to care. I haven't yet figured out if he is a stalking horse or the means to an end.
As ATS is a conspiracy site, consider a conspiracy by the GOP to get a brokered convention [for those unfamiliar with the term, that means back room politics to select a candidate; en.wikipedia.org...] wherein Donald sweeps the field and then withdraws at the last minute. Now, the GOP gets to negotiate internally and pick whom they wish to run. Granted, they haven't really been too clever of late, but they may give this a try. The interesting bit comes when The Donald reneges after tasting the possibility of enormous power and runs for POTUS.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well, not to knock anyone or anything, but the simple fact is that the rest of the world contains people whose intellect and awareness of international affairs is such, that they understand that what happens on one side of the planet, affects what happens on the other.

We pay attention, because it is worth doing. It prepares us for the worst, which is just as well from the looks of things. What you said about most folks in the US not giving a fig about what happens outside it...I should not really need to tell you how that sounds, should I? What it sounds like, just so we are absolutely clear, is a bloody good reason to keep a close eye on matters in the US. For all that our members here on ATS who happen to be from the States, are rather a worldly bunch, we KNOW how little many in the States consider the plight of other nations and peoples.

That is why it is concerning that you have a xenophobic lackwit about to potentially take power there. It does not take much for casual disregard to become cold dispassion, and that is a very dangerous mix, a dispassionate populous only interested in their own lives, and a leader who enjoys manipulating and destroying people. Its a cluster bang waiting to happen.

You make some very strong points and I and many others agree with you. Do not tar us all with the same brush. We are not the idiots you think we are and do pay attention to the rest of the world, even though I understand how we are thought of by the international community. I shocked some Scots visiting Hilton Head last summer when I asked them about their secession vote. We had a nice discussion and they told me that they had to be against it because they were ill-prepared for such.

As to our many international friends chiming in on this; remember WE ARE YOU. All of us are immigrants, other than our indigenous peoples. Our idiocy is your idiocy. Our gullibility is your gullibility. The politics in your countries are just as tortuous as ours. That said, I do appreciate hearing your opinions and well-considered arguments and look forward to future discussion.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I like how UK priorities were to roast trump for a couple hours instead of getting anything done. It wasn't a debate, just a roast. maybe they are afraid trump will turn the uk into airstrip one. It's up there with congressional hearings for MLB steroid use as the biggest waste of assembly time in a democratic country.

Back on topic I don't think trump polls as high in iowa as expected. I doubt it's depth is that strong. It'd be different if it was the general.

Also the RCP poll aggregate has a poll listed the day before where cruz is up by 2.

There is still a chance for any candidate to move up or down 15% with 10 days left

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Yeah, you guys even have journalists making petitions to ban him. That wreaks of either fear or immaturity. You can take your pick.

What have we got to fear?

We dont need or get US foreign aid, we have our own modern militray so dont need to rely on the USA to protect us and we dont have oil so you have no reason to invade us.

So what is the USA going to do to us?

The petition was about UK BORDER CONTROL. Something you Trumpeters I thought were all for? Trumo is NOT a UK citzien there for we can ban him for entry for whatever reason we so wish. A right I thought you trumpeters wanted for your borders?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: crazyewok

And then there's that. Unless you meant "other American" and forgot to finish the sentence.

What are you going on about?

The person I was replying too clearly lacks understanding of World War 1 & 2 history.

Nothing pisses me off more than morons who think the USA won WW2 singlehanded and played the only major role as it pisses on their allies who dies alongside them in equal or greater numbers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You know what is funny about this post...you sound just like Donald Trump! I have always been taught that you hate in others what you hate about yourself so it shows here very much.

I know a lot about history. Like how your leaders entertained and even had royalty who were Nazi's and sympathizers but, that is for another thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Trump is proving to be less of a joke than people originally thought. His speeches are becoming more polished and cohesive, and more and more credible people including political leaders are gravitating toward him. I, myself, have been listening closer, and I have to admit, it took me a while to get past that NY bravado rhetoric, but ignoring that, you begin to see his capabilities in a better light.

I just hope he doesn't start ACTING like a politician and stays true to what it is Americans love about him.
edit on 22-1-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

How about that 2.1 million in 2011 in Aid from the US? WE could have bought some Vets homes and taken care of our own. Seems you do not even know about your own country so we should be taking advice on who our POTUS should be?

How about some input on the OP since it seems all you want to do is talk about WW2 and derp derp?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

How about that 2.1 million in 2011 in Aid from the US? WE could have bought some Vets homes and taken care of our own. Seems you do not even know about your own country so we should be taking advice on who our POTUS should be?

When for what?

Our economy is worth 2941.89 billion US dollars. That not even a drop of piss in a bucket.

Hell if that is true no one noticed it because we simply didnt need it when most local councils can piss through that sort of money in a week

O NOOOO The USA might stop $2.1 million!!!!! O quick the UK economy might crash hahahahahaha

$2.1 Million
Yeah you may has well have kept it.

How about some input on the OP since it seems all you want to do is talk about WW2 and derp derp?

Your the one who brought it up first.

Dont bring something up if you dont want to be called out on it.

link   

a reply to: Bennyzilla

And your solution to this problem?

"Lets get the greediest guy we can find to be the next president"

Unfortunately that is human nature.

Greed is in everyone of us we need more and more and more. New phone, cars, computers, bigger houses, new expensive toys, etc etc etc.

So if people want to be on top of this chaotic madness, then why not pick someone that knows the game the well.

Idealistically we all stand hand in hand and sing "Kumbaya", but that isn't going to happen. Our world is setup like a big pyramid scheme, anyone that believes differently is delusional. In this world big fish eat little fish and guess what little fish eat?

Sorry to sound so cold and sociopathic, but that is how the world is currently run. Maybe one day an alien race will come down from the heavens and show us all a different way, but until then it appears to be the status quo.

Unfortunately as long as man is on this earth greed will ensue.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   
the OPs ventured opinion about Trumps' chances at record vote counts is not so amazing

after 8 years of the Bush-Cheney & assorted neocon nut jobs who looked like 3rd Reich insiders we got the blowback vote to put in place the loony-tune administrations of B. Hussein Obama a retread revolutionary from the cultural+sexual Revolution of the 1960s

after 8 years of a stale performance and the continuation of George-W lies and Constitution destruction as a policy
there now exista a blowback vote to try to scrub clean the tarnish that the 'alias' Obama smeared the Oval Office with...

so now a populist Trump is being acclaimed the 'mender-in-chief' to bring back the notion that Capitalism in a properly conducted manner can be the Remedy to the hope-&-transition of the Barry-the-organizer wastelands foisted on the gullible electorate

making dam sure all the traces of the M.B. are completely vacuumed from the corners of the Oval Office huh

yey Trump

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You know what is funny about this post...you sound just like Donald Trump! I have always been taught that you hate in others what you hate about yourself so it shows here very much.

You know what? I 100% agree.

I can be an arrogant narcissistic c arse hole.
Me and trump are likely very much alike.

And I would hate to see someone like me as a leader of the world’s most powerful country.
People like me should stay away from politics

I know a lot about history. Like how your leaders entertained and even had royalty who were Nazi's and sympathizers but, that is for another thread.

.Obviously not.

USA was rather into the whole NAZI sympathizing too, so best don’t to go there.

And the Royal family is irrelevant anyway, they are just overpaid historical reenactors.
And there like of Hitler meant nothing seeing as we ended up in the war anyway (before you guys I might add) and sacrificed just as many young men and women to fight Germany and Japan as the USA did.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join