It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is poised for the strongest primary performance in modern history

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

How? With what? How are Mexico going to pay for it? What happens if they don't? Who's going to built it?

From the horse's mouth:

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

For many years, Mexico’s leaders have been taking advantage of the United States by using illegal immigration to export the crime and poverty in their own country (as well as in other Latin American countries). They have even published pamphlets on how to illegally immigrate to the United States. The costs for the United States have been extraordinary: U.S. taxpayers have been asked to pick up hundreds of billions in healthcare costs, housing costs, education costs, welfare costs, etc. Indeed, the annual cost of free tax credits alone paid to illegal immigrants quadrupled to $4.2 billion in 2011. The effects on jobseekers have also been disastrous, and black Americans have been particularly harmed.

The impact in terms of crime has been tragic. In recent weeks, the headlines have been covered with cases of criminals who crossed our border illegally only to go on to commit horrific crimes against Americans. Most recently, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, with a long arrest record, is charged with breaking into a 64 year-old woman’s home, crushing her skull and eye sockets with a hammer, raping her, and murdering her. The Police Chief in Santa Maria says the “blood trail” leads straight to Washington.

In 2011, the Government Accountability Office found that there were a shocking 3 million arrests attached to the incarcerated alien population, including tens of thousands of violent beatings, rapes and murders.

Meanwhile, Mexico continues to make billions on not only our bad trade deals but also relies heavily on the billions of dollars in remittances sent from illegal immigrants in the United States back to Mexico ($22 billion in 2013 alone).

In short, the Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners. They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.

The cost of building a permanent border wall pales mightily in comparison to what American taxpayers spend every single year on dealing with the fallout of illegal immigration on their communities, schools and unemployment offices.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

donaldjtrump.com

What would be your argument against that?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why do you assume I have an argument? I'm asking questions to find answers, so the substance can come out, discussion points can form and we can talk politics - instead of the kindergarten insult trading posts that have been so prevalent in this thread.

How quickly do you think those policies can be enacted? How long would it take to build such a wall and what type would be effective? Do you think that building walls is effective social/economic policy and what kind of a signal does it send out given the negative connotations of, say, the Berlin Wall and the barriers around Palestine? Would it alienate a trading partner and have repercussions elsewhere if Mexico aligned with a different political block? Do you think the democrats might stonewall anything Trump puts forward in the same way the Republicans have done with Obama, effectively hamstringing such plans?
edit on 21/1/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Peter H. Gilmore has people spying on you. Fyi.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What about the illegal immigrants who come through other ports/areas, and specifically - those who come by airplane?

Again - I'm personally stoked to see a wall being built straight up into the stratosphere... and what about underground tunnel complexes? Well - I suppose the wall must also be built into the ground to prevent this, yes?

I don't think anyone is questioning the illegal immigration problem - it's just that many would rather see actual solutions as opposed to "A Great Wall."

Again - how is this wall going to prevent airplane immigration, and those who come from the East and/or West and/or North Coast?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The NWO crowd is laughing on the outside and scared listless on the inside.

And historically, the big bank scams all originated in England and Europe.

Yeah, the 1987 Savings & Loans collapse, the 2000-2002 dotcom collapse, and the 2008 foreclosure/robo-signing collapse all started in Europe. Oh wait...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Too much reason & rationality in your post.
This is after all an "American" political thread, one consisting of (snicker snicker) the very real possibility that Donald Trump (lol) may win the Republican nomination for President of The United States.

In regards the immigration issue, my question to his supporters would be why build a wall, why not just arrest & convict those responsible for hiring illegal labor.

Guys like Donald Trump.

K~

edit on 21-1-2016 by aethertek because: comma

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Why do you assume I have an argument? I'm asking questions to find answers, so the substance can come out, discussion points can form and we can talk politics - instead of the kindergarten insult trading posts that have been so prevalent in this thread.

How quickly do you think those policies can be enacted? How long would it take to build such a wall and what type would be effective? Do you think that building walls is effective social/economic policy and what kind of a signal does it send out given the negative connotations of, say, the Berlin Wall and the barriers around Palestine? Would it alienate a trading partner and have repercussions elsewhere if Mexico aligned with a different political block? Do you think the democrats might stonewall anything Trump puts forward in the same way the Republicans have done with Obama, effectively hamstringing such plans?

I thought we were speaking in questions, so that was the only one I could think of.

You could research his policies on your own accord, or expect others to answer them for you. It's your choice really. But until anyone can answer those questions for themselves, all they have is the mass media for their source, and they are taking very little initiative to "finding answers", which is obviously the going rate.
edit on 21-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What about the illegal immigrants who come through other ports/areas, and specifically - those who come by airplane?

Again - I'm personally stoked to see a wall being built straight up into the stratosphere... and what about underground tunnel complexes? Well - I suppose the wall must also be built into the ground to prevent this, yes?

I don't think anyone is questioning the illegal immigration problem - it's just that many would rather see actual solutions as opposed to "A Great Wall."

Again - how is this wall going to prevent airplane immigration, and those who come from the East and/or West and/or North Coast?

All his immigration reform ideas are on his website, free to access. Click the link I provided.

I am personally opposed to his immigration reform.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Having a bigoted reality tv personality as president would be like a noose the American people used to hang their reputation with. The US would become the laughing stock of the world. ..... Just saying.

Big shiite. Look, laugh away, we don't care. Your world doesn't have to like us, we just demand that you respect us......... Why, you ask? BECAUSE WE SAID SO! No, seriously. Love ya, Bro.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If Trump got elected, I could see the international community having to form a sit-down "intervention" for Americans. LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Surely though, respect is given to those who behave in a respectable fashion!?

If a man walks into the street with polka dot underwear around his ankles, and butt naked else wise, while proclaiming himself to be King FuzzyButt III, of the land of Bananahammock, then proceeds to fling his own excrement at all and sundry, a certain amount of respect has to be removed from the equation?

This is rather tricky I know, but you do realise that there would be no way to respect an electorate, if they selected such a fantastical moron as Trump to represent them? The difficult part of that, is that there are many Americans I have a great deal of respect for. Most of them are members of this site, granted, but that is hardly the point.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This is rather tricky I know, but you do realize that there would be no way to respect an electorate, if they selected such a fantastical moron as Trump to represent them?

I understand your feelings. After the "schlonged" thing, I dropped all concern.

What you and others here do not understand is that this issue is Our business, not yours. Besides, We have no desire to earn respect from people who We find few reasons to respect in the first place, no offense.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So when it only matters to these people what the world thinks of them when Obama does something they perceive as wrong? When it comes to trump, no cares about what the world thinks then?

I find it hilarious that there are those who actually think he stands a chance but whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'll be genuinely surprised if Trump gets the nomination. Not because I necessarily disagree with one idea or the next, but because he is so universally disliked by the electorate at large that I don't see him doing well after the first couple of primaries. When more candidates drop out the voters have fewer options and Trump just isn't at the top of those lists. The Evangelicals aren't going to go for him, the stalwart party members aren't going to go for him.

You've got a pretty safe average of 1/3 of early primary and caucus voters going for Trump. That's 2/3 that aren't voting for him. As more poorly performing candidates drop that 2/3 is going to really start stacking against Trump. Trump is great when there's a dozen candidates...but when it gets down to half that, I don't think he's going to survive to the convention.

Being an outsider is good for Trump only in the realm of his base. Outside of the rallies and the handful of 'likely' GOP voters Trump is a loser by at least 60 percentage points, that's mostly because people start voting against him.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well, not to knock anyone or anything, but the simple fact is that the rest of the world contains people whose intellect and awareness of international affairs is such, that they understand that what happens on one side of the planet, affects what happens on the other.

We pay attention, because it is worth doing. It prepares us for the worst, which is just as well from the looks of things. What you said about most folks in the US not giving a fig about what happens outside it...I should not really need to tell you how that sounds, should I? What it sounds like, just so we are absolutely clear, is a bloody good reason to keep a close eye on matters in the US. For all that our members here on ATS who happen to be from the States, are rather a worldly bunch, we KNOW how little many in the States consider the plight of other nations and peoples.

That is why it is concerning that you have a xenophobic lackwit about to potentially take power there. It does not take much for casual disregard to become cold dispassion, and that is a very dangerous mix, a dispassionate populous only interested in their own lives, and a leader who enjoys manipulating and destroying people. Its a cluster bang waiting to happen.

TrueBrit; to be clear I was not question the virtue of being “worldly”; Knowledge is of course power and the more you have on any subject (including what is happening beyond your back door) the better.

However I just don’t equate worrying about an as yet unelected political figure (in a sea of as yet unelected political figures) in a country that is not my own to being “worldly” … at worst its paranoia and best its arrogance.

But to your larger point; it is true I do not care who you and your fellow citizens choose for your leaders. I respect that you will choose the people who will best represent you and as far as it affects me I will deal with the consequences of your choice. Not Paying attention and Not Caring are two different things.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Congratulations for being the stereotypical "American", now can you please stop using the term "we".
Unless you have a mouse in your pocket you speak only for yourself & not the rest of America.
Oh & just to make you aware, it's not just the Europeans or just the rest of the world, a plurality of Americans also think trump & his supporters are a joke.

K~

PS
Respect is never given, it is earned.
edit on 21-1-2016 by aethertek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Congratulations for being the stereotypical "American", now can you please stop using the term "we".
Unless you have a mouse in your pocket you speak only for yourself & not the rest of America.
Oh & just to make you aware, it's not just the Europeans or just the rest of the world, a plurality of Americans also think trump & his supporters are a joke.

K~

PS
Respect is never given, it is earned.

So its wrong for donktheclown to say "We" when talking about American’s; but you can speak for Europeans, the rest of the world and a plurality of Americans?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: samson3od3lana
Donald Trump is a human thermometer sent by his master's to test the temperature of ignorance in America so the next administration and congress know how difficult it would be to get support for a religious based(Islam) law even though it violates the constitution. You can't decide what rights a person has based on religion. If it ever happened, precedent setting cases like that make it easier to make more laws like it until we all accept the beast religion of solomon II. We all got the Mark of the beast with our ss# and microchipping isn't necessary because we have smart phones. Trump is a reality tv star not worth as much as everyone thinks. P

Omg...WTF does ts even mean? Trolling or are u just confused?

Anyway, Trump's ego is too big to fail. I honestly believe he will make America great again and so do millions of other Americans.

No one is paying for his campaign, so he owes no one anything if he is elected. That's a step in the right direction already.

Not sure why ppl from other countries even care. Idc about their politics, or opinions, at all.

It's not like it can get much worse. Well, unless Killary wins.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If Trump got elected, I could see the international community having to form a sit-down "intervention" for Americans. LOL

That is exactly what I fear may happen in the future.

The world is only going to take so much of our American "exceptionalism", which usually manifests itself in military action in regions we do not belong, or arrogant hubris as we try to push our weight around on the global political stage. While I believe Obama was much more reasonable and respected by foreign leaders, willing to discuss issues in an intelligent manner and work with those many Americans consider enemies, he did not go far enough. Our policies during the last several presidencies have only put us at greater risk and stained our reputation as strong leaders that set the example of how to move forward.

If Trump is elected, I believe his policies, if he can be believed, will further isolate and de-legitimize America on the international scene. He may step on too many toes and piss-off people that we have had good relations with, such as Mexico.

It is my humble opinion that Trump is the American equivalent of Kim Jong Un. A spoiled brat, that owes his worth to his father, and who's leadership will lead this nation to the point where foreign leaders will rally against us to stop what they fear is a greater threat than anything else.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Europeans & world were just the topic of conversation & as far as America is concerned you should have noticed & comprehended the term plurality, which will be backed by numerous opinion polls.

But please do go on with your pedantic post anyway.

K~

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join