It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not mobile friendly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ATS is not user friendly. I don't know what happened but now this side bar is showing up on the right side of my browser on all my mobile devices and it's making it very difficult to view threads.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm on Firefox browser on an android fone. There are new social media tabs beneath the 'reply' tabs.

Apart from that, it looks the same as it did before from my side.

Afaik it's set to desktop.

Can you screencap what you see and post it?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My iPhone doesn't like this site. Whenever I visit ATS via Chrome or Safari, I constantly get redirected to ad sites. I have reset my phone to defaults and still had the same results. I've pretty much given up at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I removed the social sharing bar for mobile until it's fixed. It worked fine in testing, but not live -- don't know why yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a 'social sharing bar'?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: twitchy

It was a bar with multiple buttons for Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites to share a thread with.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks, I've not kept up with technology at all. I got a tablet for Christmas last year and I'm still trying to figure out how to make a simple phone call with it lol

Edit:
Seriously though if you guys know of any way to use a Samsung 4 tablet for a phone, I've been trying to figure that out for the last year.
edit on 21-1-2016 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
Seriously though if you guys know of any way to use a Samsung 4 tablet for a phone, I've been trying to figure that out for the last year.

There are many apps you can use to make calls on your tablet. A couple popular ones are:

Talkatone

magicApp (by magicJack)

You can also use Google Voice through Google Hangouts and get your own phone number and make free calls.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It's back to normal now.

I appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_
So there's no way to do it without actually using a third party app? I was hoping there was maybe some kind of subscription service through somebody like Verizion or Straighttalk. Thanks for the answer I didn't mean to hijack your thread lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: twitchy

If your tablet has 3G/4G capabilities and a SIM card slot, then yes, you could possibly make calls that way if you went to a carrier to get service. If not, WiFi calling is your only option.

With some of those options (MagicJack, Google Voice) you get your own phone number and calls are free. It's almost no different than paying for carrier service.

edit on 21-1-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
My iPhone doesn't like this site. Whenever I visit ATS via Chrome or Safari, I constantly get redirected to ad sites. I have reset my phone to defaults and still had the same results. I've pretty much given up at this point.

I have a similar issue on android 6.0. I'm using a nexus 6 with chrome browser. Periodically, the page will reload to a white screen with a black square saying loading. Very much like the loading ads on the pages. It is loading within the same page, simply replacing content. Example: if I click on a thread from the recent section, I'm reading along then ad load. If I refresh page it returns thread content, if I press back I will be back in the recent forum. I'm unable to view the source for the ad on mobile and it doesn't happen on desktop, so sorry I can't produce a more thorough bug report. I have also found it happens within seconds on some pages and not at all on others. If the ads load successfully, that page is usually fine.
edit on 22-1-2016 by xistence05 because: Add browser type

top topics

join