It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon governor to feds: End occupation at wildlife refuge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Oh, these guys are extremists. We agree completely.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

The feds are the real extremists and terrorists here.

The fact that they are using the BLM to steal land is proof of this.

The governor has shown her allegiance and by siding with the fed she makes herself an enemy of the people and and a tool of the Empire.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

The governor has shown her allegiance and by siding with the fed she makes herself an enemy of the people and and a tool of the Empire.

You've been suckered by a bunch of rich ranchers that are counting on you to blame the government.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: Murgatroid

You've been suckered by a bunch of rich ranchers that are counting on you to blame the government.

I would submit it is you who have been suckered by msm, the arm of BigGov. The BigSix want bloodshed because it will drive up their ratings, just like Ferguson and Baltimore.
But these guys have proved that a protest can be non-violent on the part of the citizens. And yet you want them arrested for exercising their rights. You want them to lose everything because they have the audacity to stand up and say, "No more."
If you can't see the over-reach in this case, charging men with arson who had done nothing more than protect their lives and property, you have indeed been suckered.
If you've never owned and worked land only to have it snatched from you, you can't possibly identify with these folks. If you've never butted heads with agents of these bureaucracies, you can't possibly know how crooked and sleazy they are and the lengths to which they will go to "win."
Is it radical or extremest to exercise your rights? To demand that the government set up for the express purpose of defending the rights of the people do so?
To the British, Amendments One and Two were quite extremist and radical. To our founders, those two were primary for true liberty and freedom.
But go ahead and believe the "sound bite" society if you will. When they come for what is yours, nobody will listen because you're just some rich somebody wanting something that the government isn't willing to give you. Get on that train without protest and go to your reward.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If I'm a sucker than so was JFK, George Washington, and Disraeli.

They clearly understood what was going on, ignoring what they had to say is why we are where we are today.

The real problem is not with the government, it's those who are hiding behind it.

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

Past presidents of the United States and other high profile political leaders have repeatedly issued warnings over the last 214 years that the U.S. government is under the control of an “invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.”

From Washington to JFK: Former Presidents Warn About Illuminati

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Bicker bicker......
Truth be known 99% of the above statements are someones surmise...because they don't really know squat about the situation.......
First off its EVERY citizens RIGHT to go about armed......If more would do so there would be a lot less gratituous police violence and a lot more respect shown all round.

Secondly what the occupiers are attempting to do is to get control of public lands back into the hands of the States and not the uncaring Federal organisation that hands down proclaimations from Washington....without regard for the local citizenry.
Much corruption has ensued over the BLM management of States property.The protesters have a valid point.

Thirdly, these people have acted responsibly and non violently so far, all indications are they will continue to do so with respect for their fellow citizens, within the rights guaranteed by constitution of the USA.....

I suspect that many on here are just government shills.....maybe the propagandists could come up with something valid if they had anything......but no, just more sour grapes....

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You do realize that these morons are only standing up for your rights don't you ?

The same rights you yourself don't have the balls to stand for.

Maybe you should do some research and see why the militia is really there.

( Morons really ?) Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black!

By the way what does white have to do with anything? Who is the real racist here?

edit on 21-1-2016 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Nailed it...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

You do realize that these morons are only standing up for your rights don't you ?

By the way what does white have to do with anything? Who is the real racist here?

They aren't standing up for anyone but themselves. Dont be sucked in...and they are Mormons, not morons.

The Bundys are rich ranchers, Sovereign Citizen followers, who are looking to increase their profits. That is their ONLY agenda.

They have jumped into this as if they are part of "the cause" precisely because they knew people like you guys would defend them as "heroes facing down the Feds" when that is not what they are doing at all.

Your cause may be valid, but the Bundys dont have anything to do with it. They are using YOUR passion to try and increase their bank balance. Period.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Bundys are fundies.

I hate all cults.

Period.

Those poor people living around the area having their lives turned into a circus.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
While I don't have a stand on this issue, not knowing all the facts, I find it troubling that anyone would try to incite action, on any side's part...

It's like there are some out there who want to see violence....

I would rather see along peaceful deal, that eventually comes to a non climatic end....

Calmer heads prevail....

Folks shoving either side in this towards confrontation, from keyboards miles from harms way, is just disgusting to me...

edit on Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:35:01 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What country you live in
Fantasyland

Do you know this country's history?

edit on 21-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Google Earth is your friend. Take a look at the "area" which is being occupied and please tell me where the people whose lives are "being turned into a circus" actually are?
Is it in Burns, over 30 miles from the refuge? In Burns, where over 200 people showed up to learn about the Constitution and how to lawfully exercise their rights?
In a county of just over 7000 people, getting over 300 to show up not once, but two nights in a row to sit and listen to a Constitutional lawyer says a lot. It says to me that people are looking for answers.
Here's a first-hand report on recent events. www.youtube.com...

You have quite an imagination to think that these protesters are turning anyone's lives into a circus except their own. The business owners in Burns are just tickled to death to have the extra income from all the media who showed up needing shelter and food from time to time. At one time there were more members of the media than protesters.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

No body stands up for my rights with guns abusing the country. There a bunch of bullies.

That’s you’re violent fantasies

The greatest man in the history of America was a white man, in mine eyes.

He used guns justly against slavery when it was REAL and his name was John Brown who went to the gallows kissing a black baby…

So don’t you dare lecture me about racism when you don’t even know you’re own history

These coddled punks stand up for nothing but their own fantasies and delusions.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You have quite an imagination to think that these protesters are turning anyone's lives into a circus except their own. The business owners in Burns are just tickled to death to have the extra income from all the media who showed up needing shelter and food from time to time. At one time there were more members of the media than protesters.

Not to mention the Feds that have infiltrated the militia and are cataloging all the malcontents for future retribution.
If I lived in that area, I sure as hell wouldn't want all that govt. heat in my neighborhood.
edit on 21-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

not to mention the lack of media coverage.... we know how that went in the past... don't we?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I don't need you patronizingly tell me "google earth is my friend"
I have a wildlife centre 40 miles from me, and me and my other country neighbors consider it our area and our patch of earth to look after. Maybe you are going by city folk miles...

Did you miss the calls from the locals wanting them to leave. Google search is your friend....

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Who cares what they think some issues are bigger than that and I think the federal government stealing land from farmers across the nation is one of those issues.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I don't need you patronizingly tell me "google earth is my friend"
I have a wildlife centre 40 miles from me, and me and my other country neighbors consider it our area and our patch of earth to look after. Maybe you are going by city folk miles...

Did you miss the calls from the locals wanting them to leave. Google search is your friend....

Since a majority of the locals depend on some government agency for income, who do you expect them to support or appear to support?
I'd say at least 300 members of the community are seeking to address the abuses they've seen by showing up to learn about the Constitution. Knowledge is power.
Go out into your small community and try to gather 300 people together on Monday and Tuesday evenings to listen to a Constitutional lawyer. The mere fact that so many people showed up suggests that there is far more concern/interest in the issues than msm would have us believe.

No city person here. I live in the country and what happens in a town 30 miles from me rarely affects my daily life.

It's a fine attempt you've made to change the narrative from the abuse of federal power to inconvenience for some being made uncomfortable by scrutiny of past events and practices. This isn't about a few people in the town who don't want any further scrutiny of their activities. It is about the federal government abusing the people whose rights it is supposed to be protecting. It is a systemic problem---all across the nation---throughout all agencies.

The protest is peaceful. It is a perfect example of the Second Amendment being employed to protect the First.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Hey lots of white hate in the first few posts?

At least they aren't burning down cities and randomly killing police officers!

God you people...

You do realize that white folks HAVE burned and razed black towns in addition to lynching them.

Oh that's right, it was in the past and doesnt matter any more. Carry on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join