It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama joins Texas in suing the fed over refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mlomoe

Lol no, I don't.

Try and stick around though, your insults are hilarious.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your wife and daughter have a higher chance of getting assaulted by a citizen, actually by some one they know, than a refugee.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Isn't Alabama a big welfare state? well if they take large amount of federal funding for social programs they may no have much to say about what the federal government does, no like Texas that is self sufficient.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Your wife and daughter have a higher chance of getting assaulted by a citizen, actually by some one they know, than a refugee.

Thank you for reminding me of that, but like Obama said in his push for common sense gun laws if we can save one american life wouldn't you agree it is worth it?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The way I understood the refugee laws to work Obamas administration tells congress how many refugees and from where before congress votes to fund them. So if there is no federal funding they can't legally send them anywhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We will see.
Good luck with the storm headed your way.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Cool so you are using a line of thought that you don't agree with?

IDC what Obama said about that, I think it is flawed as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

But the funding goes to the states that get them, so if Alabama gets Federal assistance for their social programs as part of their agreement with the Federal government they actually can not complain when the government send refuges to them.

They either accept them or lose their funding. Right?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The way I read it yes.
I think Alabama is suing because they are not getting the money.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't want any americans to die do you?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Now I got it, thanks for the clarification, lord have mercy, so they are not getting the money.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Has ZERO to do with what I said.

No I don't want them to die, but the reality of it is that we are ALL in more danger from our fellow citizens then immigrants.
Keep throwing out all the logical fallacies tho, we have strawmans and appeal to emotion at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The reality of it is the states of Texas and Alabama have suits pending against the Federal government for breaking the law.
To sum up the federal government wants the people of those states to pay for the refugees the federal government sees fit to place there. The law states that the federal government is to pay for those refugees for 5 years. If I lived in Alabama I would be angry as well.

In addition to that I asked krazyshots opinion as to the situation in europe with refugees repeating here. Do you deny that there are really horrible problems going on in europe with respect to refugees allowed in to those countries?
You can throw out all the statistics you wish, when the current administration told the citizens of the united states that"if we could save just one" that is good enough justification for me.
You brought up the imaginary this could happen crap. Are you having a tough time with my imaginary it could happen crap?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes there are some horrible things that happened in Europe, it was also done by a small number of the people going there.
You keep bringing up Obama, so I can only assume you agree with him and his actions with gun control are 100% warranted, why else would you bring it up? Or are you just assuming that since he said it I must agree with it?

Also if the lawsuit is just about who is going to pay for them, why are you bringing up rape and what not?

You brought up the imaginary this could happen crap. Are you having a tough time with my imaginary it could happen crap?

My point wasn't about a what if, it was about who is the more likely danger to your family that you brought up, and YOU brought it up first. Nothing imaginary about what I said.
rainn.org...

Approximately 4/5 of rapes were committed by someone known to the victim.1
82% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.1
47% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance.1
25% are an intimate.1
5% are a relative.1

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If they can't pay for them then they can't bring them.
It is an election year and I believe one of the candidates is running on not bringing them.
Candidates from the other side keep telling us there is no reason to be afraid. Some tell us it is wrong to be afraid. I don't think it is being afraid I think it is being responsible.

In Fact just today
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — A bill that would have greatly tightened screening procedures on refugees from Syria and Iraq failed on a procedural vote in the Senate on Wednesday, saving President Obama from another vexing veto scenario on an issue that has divided the country.

I think a majority of the country wants increased screening and security with respect to refugees, migrants, non citizens ect. I think the Dems are on the wrong side of this issue with respect to the popular vote. I think there is evidence of what happens when you do not screen them properly currently in europe. Just today one side used a procedural vote to keep the bill from reaching "just one american life" Obamas desk.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The dems haven't said they don't want screening, at least not that I have seen. And if they did they are wrong.
Oh your talking about making it longer than a two year process, that isn't no screening.
edit on stThu, 21 Jan 2016 18:53:13 -0600America/Chicago120161380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Why does everyone harp on "proper vetting"?? There is nothing ANY kind of vetting will accomplish. These people are ENCOURAGED to LIE about ANY and EVERYTHING in order to further their agenda/"religion". Especially these amoral, dimwitted, uneducated "immigrants" from 3rd world cesspools.

I seriously don't believe that being introduced to civilized lands/people will budge their minds from the lunacy of the tennents of their religion from hell. So why would anyone think questioning them or asking for nonexistent information on them do any good? And if they do have papers, who's to say they are even genuine?

It literally makes me sick to see what our leaders, the supposed defenders of our way of life, are trying to do to us. I'm all for helping anyone who needs our help, but not to the ruination of our country and culture. Not to mention the decimation of our welfare system and the burden that would be put on every day citizens.

Never in my life would I have ever imagined feeling the way I do toward other beings on this earth as I do when it comes to these..."people". I have a hard time with that word because "people" denotes "humanity", and I'm not seeing much of that in them.

Yes, I know there are good muslims, but their bretheren's actions around the globe have all but destroyed any desire by me to see them looked upon kindly. Especially when they're being FORCED down our throats and reports of their actions are written off as mere fear mongering. Actions speak VOLUMES.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join