It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama joins Texas in suing the fed over refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
With all the madness going on in Europe and bad actions of refugees it looks like we, in the USA, are going to have a states rights fight.

www.onenewsnow.com...

"In the wake of Texas suing the federal government last month over its program mandating refugee resettlement, Alabama filed a lawsuit Thursday claiming the Obama administration violated the Refugee Act of 1980 by covertly placing refugees from abroad into its communities — without consulting state officials."

If the Dems push this issue they will lose the white house and congress. The horrible stories from europe will sink them no matter what happens here.

"We are the one who secure the people of this state and protect the people of this state,” Bentley told The Associated Press, noting that the rights of states are being ignored by federal officials. “We need to have the information on refugees as they come in to allow us to do that."

If you think Trump is ahead now wait until Obama digs his feet in on this issue and he will sink the whole party.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I agree with your sentiment; its criminal that the almighty Feds can force States to accept refugee relocation and then force the States to pay for it and on top of that refuse to share any data about how many are being sent in. This makes the States budget processes impossible.

But I disagree with your assessment about this issue doing damage to the Democrats in this election cycle simply because the MSM won't cover the story so it won't exist in the minds of the low information voting public. I know that in my state, the news outlets and even the internet news services have done a masterful job of hiding their easter eggs. Its near impossible to get any data as to how many or where the Middle Eastern refugees are being dropped off. That's made it near impossible for the ordinary citizen to make any useful threat assessment in terms of places to avoid.

After the charade that is this election season is over..........there may be something in the way of a States rights fight, but I doubt it can go much of anywhere. Congress is frozen in place, interested only in its re-election cycle and scooping up bucks from the Lobbyists on K-Street and offshoring their ill gotten gains. And of course, the Federal courts will side with their constituency, i.e.,, the Federal Government. Overall, its a lost cause.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
If the Dems push this issue they will lose the white house and congress. The horrible stories from europe will sink them no matter what happens here.

Not really. Democrats aren't as scared of Muslims like the right seems to be.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you really going to pretend there is no problem with what is going on in europe with refugees right now?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I don't recall saying I'm doing anything in this thread. I do recall comparing the differences between the levels of fear towards Muslims between Democrats and Republicans though.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So dems don"t fear allowing what is going on in Germany to be allowed to go on in the USA?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Only because they don't think it could possibly happen here, for some reason. thousands being excluded is way worse than your loved one being killed by one, so it's a small price to pay to Dems.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Crazy huh? Not letting fear rule your life. You should try it sometime. Very liberating experience.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have a wife and I have daughters.
I don't want anything like what is going on over there to be anywhere near here. We now have proof of what happens when mass migration without proper vetting from the middle east is allowed. Or do you deny that these horrible things are happening as well?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So dems don"t fear allowing what is going on in Germany to be allowed to go on in the USA?

They figure they can cover it up better in the U.S. Since the media here is mostly the 1%'s ministry of propaganda.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You really should worry about other stuff though. Your wife and daughters are at higher risk of dying to things in your household (like slipping in the tub) more than a terrorist attack.

But cool, drag your loved ones into your argument to justify your fears. Like I said, you need to let GO of the fear, not reinforce it. Trust me it is very liberating.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

honestly, if I had school age kids I'd be more worried about sending them to school then I would be of refugees.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Deflect and Deny
Don't expect anymore from a Dem.
The issue is a loser and you know it that is why you refuse to acknowledge it.
Oh a meteor could hit us; Oh no need to make responsible decisions for your childrens safety.

I really expected more from you.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I see you aren't ready to let go of your fears yet, but I do ask that you try. Muslims aren't really that scary. They are human just like you or me. I promise.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Deflect and Deny
Don't expect anymore from a Dem.
The issue is a loser and you know it that is why you refuse to acknowledge it.
Oh a meteor could hit us; Oh no need to make responsible decisions for your childrens safety.

I really expected more from you.

These are the same ones that fear a Trump presidency, that are telling you not to fear potential terrorists.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I see you aren't ready to let go of your fears yet, but I do ask that you try. Muslims aren't really that scary. They are human just like you or me. I promise.

Muslims aren't the problem homie. It's potential terrorists. They just happen to be muslim.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You have yet to discuss the issue in the article I posted.
You discussed imaginary fear.
You gave me a bunch of unsolicited advice on how to live my life.
Nothing of substance to add on the topic of middle east refugees?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Muslims aren't the problem homie. It's potential terrorists. They just happen to be muslim.

The only potential terrorists that are worth worrying about are the domestic variety (they do FAR more damage in this country than Muslim brand terrorists do), and I don't fear them either.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You have yet to discuss the issue in the article I posted.
You discussed imaginary fear.
You gave me a bunch of unsolicited advice on how to live my life.
Nothing of substance to add on the topic of middle east refugees?

Yes I did. I disagreed with your assertion that the Democrats will lose the white house if they push this issue.

I mean this is just another Islamophobic thread to call Muslims terrorists based on little to no statistical sampling and all sorts of anecdotal evidence. I try not to take them too seriously anymore. I won't convince you that you are wrong because you are blinded by fear (which you call imaginary, but I can see that is a lie), so what's the point? Like I said, try NOT fearing things for once. It is very liberating. Like a weight being lifted off of your chest.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Seems your rebuts are limited to the 'fear'. Not much of a rebut.

One could use 'concern' or 'caution', perhaps pragmatism. Nope 'fear' is all you have.

Speaks volumes for an empty response......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join