It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be buying as much oil as possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Booji
As a individual if you got money to invest. Buy a big tank and buy gasoline and keep it treated. Especially if gas gets real low.
Fill it up, gasoline (petrol) will not be around forever. Basically stock up and save while you can. Hoard it. If everyone did this gas would be dirt cheap for a long time. Backward supply and demand.

I may be mistaken, but I believe gasoline only keeps for about a year or so before it 'expires'. You can add treatment to it to add another year to its life, but it's not really the most stable substance.

Not to mention how hazardous it could be.

Again I may have my facts wrong

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I'm waiting for my boss to call me and tell me we're working tonight so I'm active on the boards today. Anyway...

If I was an investor to me it would seem like a great time to stock up on some oil. I'm wondering.... If our country started purchasing massive amounts of oil to add to our reserves could we use that oil as leverage in future markets against the Saudis and Iran?

Seemed like a good idea to me.

No need to make excuses as we are all here on ATS lol.

This has been the strategy for quite some time. I would imagine that the policy is a closely guarded secret, so hopefully we don't raise too many agency flags with our posts.

The strategy is literally starve our enemies resources whilst not using ours. Its a strat that I use in RTS games like Age of Empires 2 for example. Never fails.

This strategy is the long game for the end game, if you know what I am saying.

Personal disclosure - I have not or do not know about any secret policy firsthand or secondhand, so don't bother sending any spooks to my door. Its only speculation on my part but I feel its accurate.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

a reply to: Signals

I don't understand how it's bad for the economy.

Iran is trying to undercut the Petrodollar. The lower the oil prices drop, the less power USA's economy has.

I think that is a load of malarky.

When Gas was $.98 the US economy was good

When it was $4.50 the US economy was dick

I feel like the elites/media/establishment are trying to brainwash people into believe the opposite of everything

edit on 20-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Yes. And whatever did happen to "peak oil, theres no going back" that was all the rage a while ago

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm hoping this is a sign that free energy is finally going to drop in unexpectedly...we finally jail the bankers and give Tesla tech from 1899 and now made from new materials its rightful place for all...however its looking more like russia(oil) and china(gold) have Saudi/USA(petrodollar/fiat currency) by the balls! All in all I hope it ends as peaceful as possible

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So they are trying to devalue our currency?

Topically it seems to be alleviating our economy by offering consumers lower gas prices.

Aside from that I've read that fracking companies will go into debt before they stop producing because of what happened last time they stopped producinf(can't remember)

I was looking at the oil situation yesterday, specifically what has happened to Kinder Morgan over the last year (their share price has nose-dived) because I am interested in them, and came across a short article by an analyst which is no longer available. I was going to post it in your thread. That article stated the U.S. currently has 6 months of oil in reserve and the analyst expects the price to be back up to $40 a barrel by the end of the year. We'll see.

I came across this article at, "The Telegraph," from December of 2015 a few minutes ago and it gives a good overview of actually why the price of a barrel of oil has tanked.
Oil
Several times recently I've come across commentary on the Internet that the current king of Saudi Arabia is acting in ways which would be in direct opposition to his deceased father's wishes. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes with those who are loyal to the deceased king and do not like his son's business decisions.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

Yes. And whatever did happen to "peak oil, theres no going back" that was all the rage a while ago

It's all horse crap to get people to except a 200 + % increase on oil that started last decade.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raven1354
I'm hoping this is a sign that free energy is finally going to drop in unexpectedly...we finally jail the bankers and give Tesla tech from 1899 and now made from new materials its rightful place for all...however its looking more like russia(oil) and china(gold) have Saudi/USA(petrodollar/fiat currency) by the balls! All in all I hope it ends as peaceful as possible

I don't see it that way, if China and Russia can't compete on prices they cannot create an alternate fiat.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You know, people tend to forget that US produces plenty of oil, so much that the government rent oil fields in the gulf and Alaska to Europe, the oil game going around with speculators in the markets specially US is to control oil prices globally.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Read between the lines. Iran's sanctions were just lifted and they have it in for Saudi Arabia. This drop in price is not a result of natural domestic economic prosperity (prosperity doesn't happen so quickly), its a currency war between Iran and Saudi Arabia (BRICS vs Petrodollar).

China is already jumping on board.

Xi Jinping’s Middle East trip cannot possibly work as a messianic cure. The strategic relationship that matters is Beijing-Tehran – from the energy sphere to Eurasia integration via One Belt, One Road. But Beijing also needs Saudi oil.

Warrior prince Mohammed bin Sultan – who’s actually running the show in Riyadh - is thinking of selling Aramco. Why not offer it to Beijing? But be prepared to be paid in yuan. And all the oil goes to China. Talk about a New Silk Road offer one can’t refuse.

Link

It may be a propaganda piece, but it's very revealing.
edit on 20-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: inserted point

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

a reply to: Signals

I don't understand how it's bad for the economy.

Iran is trying to undercut the Petrodollar. The lower the oil prices drop, the less power USA's economy has.

I think that is a load of malarky.

When Gas was $.98 the US economy was good

When it was $4.50 the US economy was dick

I feel like the elites/media/establishment are trying to brainwash people into believe the opposite of everything

As one article I saw put it, the financial market in the U.S. reacts immediately to oil price fluctuations, the economy does not.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
Not at all. I had a small plane at a small airport years ago and had my own fuel station, I even sold fuel to others. It's safe to store fuel. If it wasn't you wouldn't have access to it in the first place. Mind you it wasn't gasoline, but still it can be kept Now quit with that BS.

edit on 1 20 2016 by Booji because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes. This is speculation on my part however if I knew the dollar wasn't worth the paper it was printed on yet still looked upon as king currency and I wanted to start my own currency as a alternative I would spend such dollars to buy gold to back my new money like china did but selling us bonds then when king economy collapses you then have a new stable system

edit on 20-1-2016 by Raven1354 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The US already has it oil storage at record levels. Not much room to store much more. I know lots of people like to think this a plot by the West to bring down Russia and Venezuela or others think its a plot by Iran to bring down the petrodollar (although that is not how that would work) or some other plot. The simple truth is while this did start with OPEC wanting to drive the frackers out of business if that is all it was it would have been stopped long ago. The real problem would have happened no matter what OPEC was doing at that point, it was just made worse faster. The Chinese economic slow down is the biggest problem then you add to that the threat of ISIS against Iraqi oil being removed quicker than thought, Libya producing more oil than predicted and with new peace deal likely to really start pumping again and of course the Iran deal allowing Iran back on the market.

All those things together created this environment. So now it is a matter of fighting for market shares. Think of it like fast food places competing with dollar menus. None of them want to but, nobody is willing the first one to stop and give that business to a competitor.

And yes it is bad for oil and oil related companies but, it always has a positive overall effect on the global economy. The US is looking very solid right now so these prices might act to charge the economy more than expected.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

This will rework and reboot the entire oil industry... again. They have to.

I wonder, with gasoline prices so low is anyone driving/traveling more than usual? I'm not.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Lol! Low gas prices just means a little more debt is getting paid off or part of the car will get worked on. A lot of people live on budgets that right.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: tweetie

Lol! Low gas prices just means a little more debt is getting paid off or part of the car will get worked on. A lot of people live on budgets that right.

It's a breather for a lot of people as well as the trucking business, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join