It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley, Indian Point, Boomerang UFOs & the Stormville Flyers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
a reply to: Constance

Personally I think the Belgium case is much better than Hudson Valley. The initial sighting by the Belgian police in Eupen (start in at 2:24 in the link) is one of the best Ive ever seen reported. If you listen carefully notice that the probe device mentioned is also seen by all of them as well.

I think they are comparable in breadth and significance. The Hudson Valley wave was not dealt with by the government or military, and the MSM failed to cover it (odd, especially, since this all happened in New York City's most desireable bedroom communities). The Belgian government, air force, and gendarmes pursued the Belgian Triangles for more than a year, and so did the Belgian media. We live in the land of the dumbed down.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: mirageman

My biggest problem with this now, having re-read the details is the fact they saw it hovering over the place twice.
First overflight could've been a test run.
Second could have been a serious threat.
I personally wouldn't grab a shotgun. I'd have half the bleedin country on alert, planes and everything!
It all seems rather casual.
Imbrogno may have been duped by them.
UFO flaps do tend to generate "me too" type stories once publicity is widespread.
Was worth going over again.
Thanks

The US government and military have known about ufo sightings over nuclear power plants, nuclear research facilities, SAC missile bases, and air force bases and ships that stockpile/carry nuclear weapons. That all began over the Hanford atomic plant in the mid-1940s. There is a long and repetitive history here, well covered by ufo researchers, preeminently Robert Hastings. He has many parts of his book UFOs and Nukes available for reading online, and NICAP's website also covers this subject very well. The military might still chase ufos (never catching up with them) into the night skies on occasion, but does not engage them over nuclear sites or bases. Might be several reasons for that, including the reason that the military has long since learned that its aircraft are outclassed and outmaneuvred by these others. Also that attempting to engage ufos over nuclear sites could produce a major disaster on the ground.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Constance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

By single source, I was referring to Imbrogno. As mentioned above, Hyneck had reservations about some of the material collected.
I'd be very interested in his opinion of Indian Point but, again, as previously stated, that is unlikely.
Hastings I'm not sure about.
There have been questions about some of his product.
Cheers.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Tulpa because: Cats

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

By single source, I was referring to Imbrogno. As mentioned above, Hyneck had reservations about some of the material collected.

My recollection is that Hynek's reservations concerned including abduction reports in the book. Do you have anything concerning doubt expressed by Hynek re the nuclear plant sighting? Again, 'single source' re Imbrogno is rhetorical sleight of hand -- at least two solid citizens publicly described their sightings of the ufo over the plant, and a number of other people (15 was the number I read) reported the sighting to the police.

Hastings I'm not sure about.
There have been questions about some of his product.

'There have been questions' doesn't signify much. What were the questions, and what answers did actual investigation of those questions reveal, if any? If none, then the questions are without siginificance.

edited to re-format
edit on 30-1-2016 by Constance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I was referring only to the six who approached Inbrogno for this particular chapter.
So far I have found nothing published about their specific stories that did not originate from Night Siege. This is what I meant by single source.
There seemed, also, to be some strange goings on in the general area of the sightings.
As more people came forward with reports of UFO sightings, more people gave stories of other,sometimes, quite strange stories. I may be wrong but I think Hyneck felt it was a distraction and wanted to concentrate on the object itself.

Hastings appears on a couple of lists of dubious researchers. I don't put much stock in these things but all the usual suspects were there
I can't recall the article or the exact details of the criticisms so I won't try and put them down here. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to spread something that was untrue.
I'm afraid I can only say that it is not without reason that have some doubt.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

....Even if no security, how can you publish a book about security guards at a plant and not have someone in the know say there arent any guards in the first place?

Sorry I didn't make it very clear. I meant that the men Imbrogno interviewed were not security guards at the plant (i.e they were possibly people setting him up with a story). The bosses at the plant, if they were even aware of the book and these claims, would then be put in a difficult position. Should they deny their men talked? Whilst also aware that they couldn't disprove the claims if those witnesses remained anonymous. Or just remain silent and hope the whole thing remains low key and something only the UFO community cares about?

I didn't intend to cover the Belgium Case any time soon and don't really know much about angel hair. So maybe I'll leave that one to you

edit on 30/1/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Constance
a reply to: Tulpa

There were three researchers and authors involved in that book and they spent considerable time in the Hudson Valley during the wave, spoke with hundreds of witnesses. How is that 'a single source'?

As Tulpa said every story related to the Indian Point incident leads you back to "Night Siege" or it's sole surviving author Imbrogno. How about applying some of that hardened scepticism you use against anything that might chip away at your obvious beliefs to actually look at things in a more objective way?

For instance can you actually give us a source to any witness to the Indian Point UFO that doesn't have a link back to 'Night Siege' or Phil Imbrogno?

That would certainly strengthen the case wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I've been through a pile of books that I don't use much, just in case. I can't find anything indexed but that's no great surprise. Lucky if you get an index in half of them!
I'm going to spend the afternoon sorting vinyl because the postman brought two big parcels today. I can usually resist but one is from Berlin and full of nice techno.
I need a break from UFOs but I'll be back.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

what are the odds the military went to strange lengths and designs to get heavy objects...into space clandestinely?

After thinking about this for a really long time, I believe that what you are suggesting is more likely than most suggestions about what all those folks were seeing.

I learned a lot from the links. Thanks.

edit on 11-2-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Finally got a copy of Night Siege in the post this morning. Read the first half.
So far its quite an interesting book.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I would be interested in how many reports in book say it took off at high speeds.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

So far, two or three have said that it disappeared in a flash but then appeared somewhere else.
They had the impression that it was a fast movement but I have my suspicions...

Maybe they have some lighting effect which "throws" a light or lights in order to deceive the eye. Then, all in darkness its still hovering above while the observer is left scratching their head and staring into the distance wondering where it went.
This would only work on dark nights and/or in conjunction with other camouflage methods.

It is just a theory and a thin one at that.
Just a sneaking feeling that whatever it is, its not quite as fast as the impression it leaves with witnesses.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Better answer here
Page 171 is where their statistical analysis starts and over six studies each with 100 - 150 witnesses judged to be good or excellent.
Overall
Just moved away =93%
Simply vanished =7%

One study had 3% leave the scene so they couldn't say how it went.

The majority of sightings were of the object moving slowly.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Tulpa because: forgot my bloomin manners

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Three in a row.
Is that allowed?
Anyway, just finished a little book by Linda Zimmermann called (surprise, surprise) Hudson Valley UFOs.
Its a collection of sightings from around the Hudson area and contains personal accounts written in an "in their own words" style.
One or two I've read before but most are new to me. One or two describe some things I've never heard in the UFO world, or at least not very often, including the big black square!

I'm sure I'll be referring back to this book in future so its not just decorating the shelf.
I'd not heard about this book but now I've got it it turns out to be the follow up to her earlier book called In The Night Sky.
That one is also a collection of Hudson Valley sightings so I'll try and hunt down a copy soon.

Hope this is of use to anyone interested in these sightings. Its definitely worth a look.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

edit on 8-7-2016 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join