It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cologne Imam Says ‘Things Will Happen’ If Women Wear Perfume And Dress Half-Naked

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
What appears to be clear is that we are looking at a region of the world where MALES have been given full dominance, and awarded themselves the honor of doing whatever the hell they want to do, and somehow or other have managed to rationalize a justification.

"For mine own good, all causes shall give way" Macbeth

They have given themselves domination over everything, including women, with nobody to stop them. The ones who do not participate look over the ones who do. It might be a 'bad' thing for male domination to remove a man's freedom to rape. Might be a slippery slope. Stop raping, next thing you know, women might start showing up at football games, or try to enter a mosque.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
Btw, how many women were walking around half naked at the Cologne station at new year's eve in near freezing temperatures?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:34 AM
a reply to: angeldoll

according to they Quaran, the women are not supposed to be hindered from going to the Mosques.

That's what I don't get and try to understand.
The Bible really doesn't extend that much freedom to women. They are to obey their husbands in all things...ect... and for most of history, I believe that the churches took that to heart. women really didn't have that much freedom.
I've tried to read the Quaran, really I did. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. But, it does seem to extend more freedoms to women.

And yet, western christian cultures have much freedom, contrary really to what the Bible teaches, to both men and women. and yet, Islam in many parts of the world, will reduce them to some very low statuses, forcing them to blacken their windows, whipping them if they make too much noise, arranging it so that they can't even bathe, and if they can't bathe, they can't enter the mosques, they can't work most jobs, they can't drive, they can't go out of their homes without a male relative.....

there has to be more than just religion playing into this. maybe it has something to do with the harsh environment they are in, or the fact that they have had to endure harsh dictatorships for at least the past half century or more. don't know. but if it was truly just religious, well, it seems that it would be the christians that would have the tight reign on the women, not islam.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
My friend Sharon who I met at work when I was 18 went from a happy and outgoing girl to a former shadow of herself because of another woman.

Sharon was Indian and unbeknown to her family had fallen in love. However, she was forced into an arranged marriage. She went along with it and on her wedding day she appeared happier enough. It was at her wedding though I saw how she must have fought so hard between western life and her family's different ways. All tge men were on one side and all the women on the other for the meal.

She left work after being married and moved to London. It was before the days of mobiles etc and I didnt hear from her until 12 minths later.

When we met she started to cry and I did. Gone was the girl I had known. She was now in traditional dress, very thin and beneath her concealer I could see bruising. She was also pregnant.

She said her life was hell. She said once she moved to London they lived with her mother in law. She was treatdd like a slave and told she was ugly and had done well with her husband. Sharon was outgoing and gutsy abd didnt break easily so the mother in law told her son to bring her in line thats when the beatings started. She had tried to leave so they said she needed a child and she had been repeatedly raped by her husband.

I told her to leave and come and live with me but she was petrified of her family disowning het. She said it wouldnt just be her direct family but cousins. Not cousins as we have but nearly every Indian in the UK from that region.

So she went back and had 2 children until she had a breakdown. She then had to fight for het children as the family tried to say she wasnt safe because of mental health.

The story has a happy ending. She got the children and moved back and met the man she used to love. Vthey have now been married for 25 years and her mum supported her but without her dad knowing. Her father never spoke to her again and sadly died 2 years ago.

This is just one story of how sometimes the women can be the driving force in the household. My mum always says "its women who make the man" as it is a woman who brings a son up from a baby in most cases and helps to form their ideas of how to treat women. I cant imagine telling a son to hit his wife.a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
a reply to: dawnstar

The rest of the world has put folkways and mores from past centuries behind us. Some regions have not, because they don't want to. It benefits their male-dominated societies too much to consider change.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
Looks like imam is synonymous with "out of time"...
Maybe, he has an uncontrollable urge to attack women.
May be he should seek treatment!

One thing is sure!
If this man occupy an influential position and he is promoting violence, he should be put out of office... FAST!

An Ignorant Man Avoiding Manhood does not warrant more words from anyone... Unless he straighten things up.
( I M A M )
( IMAM )

How can I win an argument against an ignorant?
There is no ground on which to build one anyway,

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:52 AM
a reply to: ForteanOrg
I see the point you are trying to make but it is flawed because, there are differences.

I grew up in a small house with a lot of people. All the people in the house were my family. We had rules and regulations and there were consequences for ignoring them or deliberately breaking them.

We loved each other and we worked as best we could for the common good of the family. Since we were all human and not a saint among us, sometimes our selfish desires got in the way of what would be considered the common good. We had disagreements and even had times when it deteriorated to fist to cuffs.

Yet our bond overcame any threat to the family unit. I may be so angry at a family member that I may have wanted to slap the taste out of their mouth, and it would have been horribly wrong if I did so, but if someone else made that attempt against my family member, even if it was for the very same reason, then it would very quickly and succinctly, become a horse of a different color.

It isn't about racisim, it isn't about any phobias, it is about family and about association. Sometimes wrongs don't carry the same weight.

Most people agree that two wrongs don't make a right, and most people agree that me slapping my brother is wrong, but is much different from a stranger slapping my brother.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
Germans are getting more an more fed up. From a January 15th, 2016 BBC article:

"I understand that refugees need somewhere safe to go but Germany can't save the world by itself.
"Hopefully this nightmare will soon be over - for them and for us. Then they'll be able to go back to their own homes. And leave ours for good."
It is a journalistic cliché to quote your taxi driver but East German Alexander in his smart Mercedes summed up perfectly the pervading mood in his country.
So I can't ignore him.
He, like most Germans, according to a recent poll by the public broadcaster ZDF, thinks the country cannot cope with the huge amount of refugees and other migrants who have arrived over the last year.
Is Germany attitude to migrants changing?
Manuel Valls: Europe is in grave danger over migration crisis
How Finland is teaching migrants "how to behave"
Concern has spread particularly after the mass sexual assaults by migrants and others on New Year's Eve in the city of Cologne.
Since then, pepper spray, mace and non-lethal gas pistols have been flying off the shelves here.
"You can buy these items legally in Germany," Pavel Svedlov, manager of Berlin's Soldier of Fortune weapons shop told me, "though they are illegal to use against other people. But our clients are more concerned about protecting themselves. That is their priority.
Pepper spray in shop in BerlinImage copyrightReuters
Image caption
Some businesses have now sold out of pepper spray, says one Berlin shop owner
"People are coming to Germany with fake IDs or no papers at all, saying they are refugees. We have no idea who they really are. Many Germans feel it's a ticking time bomb.
"The people who came to our shop used to be young men but now we have a lot of female customers and older people too. We normally offer a choice of 15 different types of pepper sprays for example. Now we've sold out and so have our suppliers."
'Not racist'
Construction worker Matthias told us he'd come to the shop out of concern for his wife.
"I'm not racist," he said, "but ever since the Cologne attacks, I think it's wise for women to carry something with them for self-defence but every shop I've been to has sold out of pepper spray."
Retiree Juergen said he was looking for a gas pistol (it fires a substance similar to tear gas) to keep him safe at home. He said the situation in Germany was getting "worse and worse" and the police were overwhelmed and underfunded.
All this is hugely significant in Germany.
Because of the country's Nazi past, people here tend to be very sensitive about attitudes towards minorities and about the use of weapons - even by their military.
They trusted their government - and Angela Merkel in particular- to provide the stability and security Germans hold so dear.But MOST Germans now say her migration policy was a mistake

a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:02 AM
What do you want to bet when things improve in their home countries and they can go home, they won't. The true refugees might return to Syria, but they are going to play hell trying to extricate the free-loading criminals. It's done.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
a reply to: NeoSpartan

Yes, indeed, there are relatively more foreigners in jail than natives.

The good news is that their numbers are rapidly declining. In Holland, the numbers of people in prison went down from 50.000 to 40.000 in roughly 10 years, while the population grew. About 63 percent of prisoners are from non-native descent, mostly from Morroco, Turkey, Surinam and The Dutch (Netherlands) Antilles. A significant group originates from Poland and Romania. Note that Surinam, the Antilles, Poland and Romania are considered part of the West, many also consider large parts of Turkey to be "Western".

Note that people that come from these regions have been coming to our country since at least the 1960s, have traditionally been hired to do our dirty work against low wages, and as a result are more prone to crime than most - it's a well know fact that the havenots are more prone to commiting crimes for obvious reasons.

We have had a problem with Morroccon youngsters for decades: these young males often gang up and commit crimes. This is a real problem, but it does not affect ALL Morrocan young men - many have succesfully integrated in our society. Alas, their bad press has resulted in a set back for even the most intelligent, decent Morrocan: "nobody wants to hire a Morrocan" - hence: they don't have much choice BUT to gang up. The very same vicious circle that accounts for the relatively high percentage blacks in US prisons.

Being a foreigner - even in our "enlightened" country - means you have less chance to get a decently payed job, a higher risk of becoming ill, a higher chance of ending up in prison. And to add insult to injury, a lot of my fellow Dutchmen seem to think they are "better" than these people and miss no chance to ventilate that opinon.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4DawnMost people agree that two wrongs don't make a right, and most people agree that me slapping my brother is wrong, but is much different from a stranger slapping my brother.

Most certainly not. It's merely that the your kin is less likely to report you because it makes them look bad too - a disturbing fact that also has lead to many incestuous rapes being covered up by families.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
a reply to: anxiouswens

I cant imagine telling a son to hit his wife

Nor can I.

My mother taught her sons and by extension as the matriarch, the Queen, as we affectionately call her, all the males of her immediate family, that under no circumstance is it okay to beat a woman. She told them, walk away, restrain them, call the police, or if it is really bad, and needs the steroid treatment, call your closest female relative.

That is an inside family joke, as we are a pretty close knit family, and if there is a second date, it is usually to the home of a family member, and it is shared with the potential mate what they may be signing up for. Our family believes in informed consent, and comp!ete disclosure, so none of the mates want a visit from the family female gestapo, and they can't say that they didn't know that there was a better way out.

The family female gestapo visit works for both. We have had incidents were the offending party was the family member, and the mate had to call in the family female gestapo. So far our family intervention program has worked very well against escalations of domestic violence.

Why the females? Because it works. It doesn't mean that the males in the family don't help or get involved, it is just that while there is the potential for an angry male to lash out at another male, because of their upbringing and because they know we are the emissaries of the Queen, the arrival of the family female gestapo, brings a calming effect to the situation.

So by my experiences, I have to agree that the mothers play a huge role in how their sons view women.

edit on 22-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up a bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
a reply to: Airewenna

Of course, the sensationalist media are all over it. And many Germans, whom never even SAW a refugee, will have their opinions ready. But in fact, most refugees are almot invisible to the German population: they live in camps or barracks and are causing no trouble at all. Fear, uncertainty and doubt rule.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM

t's a well know fact that the havenots are more prone to commiting crimes for obvious reasons.

Don't the refugees in Germany fall into the same category?

You failed to answer my question, and to come up with some data that backs up the claim you made. But thanks for backing up mine.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
So now the BBC too is not to be trusted? chaos reigns....disregard all news outlets...chalk it all up to sensationalism and hype... even the highly regarded and consummately fastidious BBC can't be trusted...caught dozens of migrant crime on CCTV? Toss it...photoshopped nonsense....testimony from hundreds of individuals online? liars all....SARCASM intended.

Funny how the truth keeps rearing thru nonetheless.

edit on 22-1-2016 by Airewenna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4DawnMost people agree that two wrongs don't make a right, and most people agree that me slapping my brother is wrong, but is much different from a stranger slapping my brother.

Most certainly not. It's merely that the your kin is less likely to report you because it makes them look bad too - a disturbing fact that also has lead to many incestuous rapes being covered up by families.

The problem with your statement is that if I do something that brings egregious harm against the family or communal unit, it will be viewed as a greater threat or equal to that of the stranger.

The stranger is viewed as the greater threat because they have no association with the communal unit. They have nothing to lose. While it is considered a more heinous crime for a member of the communal unit to harm another member, it is also a deterrent.

The stranger that has no deterrents to his illegal acts, and will always remain the bigger threat.

Again, I emphasize that this is not about race or phobias, this is about safety and survival from usurpers, that have nothing to lose, and affects all members of the threatened community, regardless of race, creed or culture.

edit on 22-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word fix.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: dawnstar

The rest of the world has put folkways and mores from past centuries behind us. Some regions have not, because they don't want to. It benefits their male-dominated societies too much to consider change.

Perhaps some of the more vociferous posters here could point out to me their threads where they have taken an equally strident tone in defending the rights of Western women who are ill-treated by police and the courts after having been sexually assaulted. Just so that we can be assured that they are not simply targeting Muslims in their outrage.

Perhaps the largest question here is why are we being programmed to hate Muslims.

But hey...back to the bun fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:17 AM
I think there was something more to NYE in all the different Countries. I also wonder whether it was done on orders from somewhere. Rape and sexual assault on infidels is part of jihad and is done to break the people because it isnt just an attack on the woman but an attack on the men as well.

I seriously wonder whether the numbers congragated en masse to see how well prepared the Police in each of the Countries were if lets say sleeper cells for ISIS congragated en masse in lots of different cities simultaneously to carry out the greatest numbet of deaths whilst confusing the Police and to test the likelihood of being caught after the atrocities. Perhaps I am overthinking it though!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

To me its more of a case of people being brainwashed into thinking all beliefs, cultures and upbringing are equal and the same, and not understanding what this really is for the average muslim raised in this culture generationally.

We don't mix that way, except for the few who are genuine in trying to leave, don't cluster in No Go cities and adopt our culture with great relief.

Its the opposite of what you're suggesting, as if we're intolerant, when they were too tolerant and that bubble of kindness is being crapped all over now.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
For many women, it's not lost on us that inviting in hordes of men who have been brainwashed since birth to believe women in a tank top are asking to be raped might not be such a good idea.

Reports of major crime have gone down precipitously in the last decade or two. Why step back by bringing in a mass ideology that not only condone but encourages animal like aggression? As you mention there already exists a problem. How can bringing in scads of hating young men be a good thing?!

And why has the press been portraying these migrants all along as women and children with grand parents etc? Suddenly it's let out that the vast majority are men between 16 and 30?! How the heck is that supposed to work out numbers wise? Why did they routinely show these women cradling babies when later we see parades of men entering the countries? Many many of these men actually lying and saying they are under 16 for better benefits and better chance to stay?

Why aren't they fighting for their countries? OR are they not opportunistic economic migrants? Many young Syrian women have remained behind and taken up arms fighting ISIS in bloody warfare every single day. Who are these men??? How do we not know that the countries didn't simply unlock their prison doors and push along their prison population to make it another country's problem??! Why so many acting like vicious thugs only weeks in a generous host country?

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>