It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cologne Imam Says ‘Things Will Happen’ If Women Wear Perfume And Dress Half-Naked

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Welp, you keep insisting on using the idea that the reason we don't rape people is because it is against the law.

Some people just can't recognise sarcasm and can't see context.

I keep insisting this?

It was a sarcastic comment and I posted it exactly because of the reasons you mention in your post.

Barking up the wrong tree.

I even just pointed this out to another poster.
edit on 21-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ForteanOrgIn order for Islamic laws to supersede US constitutional laws the constitution will have to be amended

Yes. If the vast majority of the People in the US were Muslims, that might happen. You might end up abolishing the Constitution.

Islam in America will be like any other religion with no bearing on constitutional laws but to take advantage of the freedom of religion.

I hope so. On the other hand, you still have "in God we trust" as your motto and it is absolutely offending to those that chose not to believe in any God, or in another than the Christian God, or in multiple Gods. So, separation of State and Religion - it hasn't really worked that well in the US, has it..

Beside that Sharia law is against US constitution by itself.

Certainly. But again, if the People decide that they want sharia law, that's what will happen.

Perhaps Islam law can become a power force in other countries and even change their laws, in the US it will be almost impossible due to the type of government we have established.

If I had told you, say 20 years ago, that the US would voluntarily abandon their citizens rights to a fair trial, allow people to be kept under "arrest" indefinitely, allow various secret services (amongst those a few that did not even exist 20 year ago) to sniff around in your files, in your personal belongings, in your house WITHOUT A WARRANT - had you believed it? Of course not, it's against your Constitution.

Still, it happened.

Everybody should read the above post and understand what is happening here.

The objective here is to promote fear by showing a laissez faire attitude to things that are important to the average American.
The idea is to make it look like the things you fear are in fact not only possible, but in fact seen as normal in other places that YOU consider to be civilised.

The idea is also to make you think that there really is a threat to your way of life whilst actually pretending to at least understand these points of view.

I have seen this kind of thing many times. It is a propoganda tactic. Pretend to be the reluctant bearer of bad news whilst actually instigating fear.

Clear as a glass of water.

The logic of it escapes me however, there is no possible way that America would succumb to sharia law in any way I can see, ever. You guys are just not built that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wonder where the Feminists are??

*Crickets*

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
It's so incredibly revolting every single time I hear victim blaming to this extent. It's like the accuser has never even heard of rape before. It makes me wonder what they would say if they were sexually assaulted? "Yup, my fault, I shouldn't have been wearing those shorts that day, but against my better judgement I did, therefore do not punish the offenders"

It makes me sick.

Who is victim blaming?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
dbl post

edit on 21-1-2016 by Jonjonj because: dbl post

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

Welp, you keep insisting on using the idea that the reason we don't rape people is because it is against the law.

Some people just can't recognise sarcasm and can't see context.

I keep insisting this?

It was a sarcastic comment and I posted it exactly because of the reasons you mention in your post.

Barking up the wrong tree.

I even just pointed this out to another poster.

I quoted the wrong person, I meant it to go to the one who originally started and insisted on the idea. Your avatars are both red and black and it was my mistake completely. My apologies.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is going to continue because their religious leaders are justifying it.

Too bad more people aren't armed.

One bullet to the groin and much of this would stop.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan
a reply to: ForteanOrgSo at what point do you need to supress these tendencies?

It mostly is an automatism, so it does not feel as if I were suppressing them. But of course, I am, constantly.

If a person insults me, my inner animal wants to hit him - hard. I don't, I talk, try to reason instead. If I see a good looking girl my inner animal checks her out and sees a chance to mate and have healthy offspring and wants to hump her. I don't. If I am tired, my inner animal says I should sleep. I try to listen, but if I have to work, I will suppres my inner animal. If I see food, my inner animal says "eat it! It's winter!" - but I don't, I don't want my belly to bulge. I can go on and on, but you'll catch my drift.

Now, then, at what point do you suppress your animalistic tendencies? Or don't you have them?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Gee...lotta people here digging in to take even nastier shots at Muslims and brown people. Not a lot of attention going to why so many women (and men) in the West do not report rape, as the first question is 'what did you do to provoke it?'
Look at the whole slut-shaming culture...how many women have been told that they 'were looking for it' by dressing provocatively, looking hot, etc. Not defending the imam...but suggesting that a lot of the commentators here could stand to take a good look around them, before putting it all on 'The Other'!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: ForteanOrgYou may feel the urge to rape someone, but I assure you, the vast majority of us find the idea abhorrent.

I can't recall having said that I had the urge to rape someone
. I am however, aware of my (and any other healty human being's) animalistic tendencies. I hope you are too, because if you deny them, you can't work with them (or, sometimes, learn to suppress them).

As for different cultural norms re dress codes, this is our society so it's our rules, not those of the backward uncivilised morons who want to dress their women head to toe in ninja suits.

It is their society too - as soon as they come here, they are part of it, whether you like it or not. They have to adhere to the same Laws, but will eventually also help create new ones or adjust existing ones.

And though very unlikely - yes, it might happen that England becomes a Muslim nation and the Church of England might be converted to a Muslim church. I sure hope that, might that day ever come, the people will remember from our example that acceptance of minorities is the essence of democracy.

There's so much wrong with this post it's amazing.
Unlike you, I have never struggled with some animalistic desire to rape someone, and don't try going off the reservation again, because that was exactly the tone of your original post to which I replied.

Then you say it's their society too....Which comes across as you saying we should give up the rights of females to go about their business unmolested because some of these newcomers are from cultures that are misogynistic.

That right there labels you an apologist at best and an accomplice at worst.

If the price of giving homes to migrants is the loss of our civilisation as you hint at, then there ought to be no moral case what so ever for any democracy to take even a single migrant.

And too hell with those of your ilk who cry racist yet as can be seen in your post, actually rejoice in the notion of the fall of Western culture.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ah ok, no worries.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That right there labels you an apologist at best and an accomplice at worst.

The word you are looking for is instigator, see my previous post.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
No one deserves to be raped, however, considering that guys love seeing naked women as opposed to dressed women more...it only makes sense that if a guy or girl (lesbian) had a proclivity to rape...they would go for the one who is wearing the least amount of clothes. More attractive and less work. Besides the media has conditioned us to believe that half clad women, have more fun. There's always going to be rapists out there, but its partially up to the female to not be so "inviting".
edit on 21-1-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

those who would not rape just because it's against the law are running on the same mindset of some of the muslims who are willing to kill their daughters to preserve their honor, or follow other insane laws and cultural practices. they don't really understand why this should be done, there's no other thought involved outside of the it's the law, or it's our way... much like a kid will do whatever their parents tell them, because well, that's what they are supposed to do. But well, eventually that kid starts to grow up, probably much sooner than you wish, and the fact that they should do it just because the parent tells them to just isn't good enough anymore. It needs more justification.
so I would say that anyone who says they don't rape people because it's against the law is rather childish...not calling you childish, I read your previous post. but, the goal in life is to stop being a child and grow up, to discover just what those other justifications are. In order to do this, you have to be given the freedom to choose to rape or not to rape. to experience what it's like to be raped, or have someone you care about be raped. The illegality of it doesn't really eliminate rape all together, but rather serves as a punishment to those who chose to experience what it's like to rape someone. in a way, the rapist is our teacher, through their actions, we learn just how much damage can be done to people, we can understand why it's such a bad thing to do.

For many of these young men who are arriving in europe, they are coming from countries where the women and men are kind of kept separated, not allowed to interact with each other unless they are close relatives. Their marriage may have been arranged for them and well, the only contact they had to the women chosen to be their wife might be a few chaperoned visits. and well, they arrive to the wild and wonderful west, and they find themselves faced with choices they never had the opportunity of making before, because well, they came from strict authoritarian countries. In a way, they are still children.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
No one deserves to be rapes, however, considering that guys love seeing naked women as opposed to dressed women more...it only makes sense that if a guy or girl (lesbian) had a proclivity to rape...they would go for the one who is wearing the least amount of clothes. More attractive and less work. Besides the media has conditioned us to believe that half clad women, have more fun. There's always going to be rapists out there, but its partially up to the female to not be so "inviting".

NOTHING.... literally NOTHING that a woman wears (or doesn't) Invites rape.
These kind of comments and the comments of the moronic Imam are disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

ya, that is almost believable till you read about the 70 year old women getting raped.... then well, there must be other factors involved. the fact is, we could all dress in burkas and there probably wouldn't be that much of a drop in rapes.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup
I cannot agree with you more.

If people justify rape because a woman wore clothes "that turned them on", then that justifies beating up that guy over there because he's wearing a hat that I don't like, or is the wrong colour, or has long hair.

Cannot believe some comments here justifying rape because...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Sharia is not acceptable in most states, as it stand right now it will be banned first from the US because it contradicts constitutional rights when it comes to women.

No women in the US will accept a culture or a religion that promotes denigration, slavery and ownership of human beings like property, we in the US as women have fought teeth and nails for our rights.

Hell I will be one in the front lines pushing for total banning of Sharia, I have not problem with Islam per say, but I have with the laws that denigrate women and that goes for any religion and have no respect for those that want women to be treated like slaves to men.

God is not a chauvinistic entity in my books, we are all equal men and women.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

If I see a good looking girl my inner animal checks her out and sees a chance to mate and have healthy offspring and wants to hump her. I don't.

Ha, that's what I was waiting for.

So what you are saying is that by the grace of the fact that you can barely supress your sexual urges, you are not going to rape this girl.

"I don't". Like it is your decision alone.

There is quite a difference between wanting to have sex with someone, and having to supress these urges in order to prevent yourself from raping them.

Normally speaking.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hopefully bad "things will happen" to this Imam, his followers, and those who have similar beliefs.

The civilized world has no time for these regressive, outdated ideologies.

They need to be eradicated like the vermin they are.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join