It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gov:Ban all drugs! Unless they are used by the gay community and then thats not fair.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The UK is soon to bring in another round of Drug ban to combat the new "legal" highs. This will see all recreational substances except Alcohol and Tobacco (cause they are harmless Mkay?) banned.

But one drug called poppers that is used by the Gay community is to be banned.

And many groups and the government are now in uproar Source.

so its fine to ban drugs that are used by straight people but if a drug is used by the gay community that not fair?

Surely it should be a case they ban all drugs for everyone or allow all drugs (well the less harmful ones at least).
Many enjoy Cannabis and use it for medical purposes so why should that be banned and a drug used for purely recreational sexual purposes be legal?

Im not a drug user but lets be clear I think most drugs should be decriminalised or legal for personal use as its not the governments job to tell us what to do with our body’s.

edit on 20-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No government should be able to tell you what you can or cannot consume, period.

No government should force you to consume anything, period.

All governments do both.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well it's not "The UK Government" who are saying it's not fair to the gay community to ban a harmless drug called poppers...it's just one guy in the government who said IF it were banned it would greatly affect his personal life. Poppers are used by gay men, and others, to relax the muscles........

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Well it's not "The UK Government" who are saying it's not fair to the gay community to ban a harmless drug called poppers...it's just one guy in the government who said IF it were banned it would greatly affect his personal life. Poppers are used by gay men, and others, to relax the muscles........

I dont care what its used for.

If cannabis thats used for pain relief for REAL medicaly ill people is banned then a drug that makes gay sex easier should be banned.

Anyway if you need chemicals to "fit" it up "there" maybe you shouldn't be putting things up "there".

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Fair play to the openly gay M.P for standing up for the gay community. Poppers is used for a reason in the gay community and I am sure it will continue to be used even if it is made illegal.

Personally, I have never tried the stuff, but I know a few people that have. I know an awful lot of people who will binge drink nightly and make complete tossers of themselves, demeaning themselves, vomiting, fighting, dying.

Problem is, there is too much taxation to be had. Also, everyone likes a drink, it's socially acceptable, they can take my beer, from my cold dead hands!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just exactly what is the UK gov up to?
The idea of re upping the ante over drug ingestion by its citizenry is bound to backfire and the blowback could eventually rescind all confidence in the sanity of the people in power.
It is common knowledge that they have lied for decades over Cannabis.......and now plans to further restrict the people could potentially destroy all confidence in government over time, as they bring down their planned pogrom upon the people......
Lucky thing they have already disarmed the public, or an abrupt change in the system could be in the works....and still may happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Im all for it being legal.

But only if other drugs with uses are too.

If not then no exceptions just because its used in the gay community.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Just exactly what is the UK gov up to?
The idea of re upping the ante over drug ingestion by its citizenry is bound to backfire and the blowback could eventually rescind all confidence in the sanity of the people in power.
It is common knowledge that they have lied for decades over Cannabis.......and now plans to further restrict the people could potentially destroy all confidence in government over time, as they bring down their planned pogrom upon the people......
Lucky thing they have already disarmed the public, or an abrupt change in the system could be in the works....and still may happen.

The police are pretty much in open revolt with our drug laws and the home sec with a few county police forces openly saying they wont arrest or charge cannabis users if not involved in organised crime or large operations.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Well it's not "The UK Government" who are saying it's not fair to the gay community to ban a harmless drug called poppers...it's just one guy in the government who said IF it were banned it would greatly affect his personal life.

In fact he's not even in the government. His current status is ordinary M.P.
As you say, the ban proposal comes from the government, the exemption proposal doesn't.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

it's just one guy in the government who said IF it were banned it would greatly affect his personal life.

Yeah it would be a real pain in the ass.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

it's just one guy in the government who said IF it were banned it would greatly affect his personal life.

You win the thread

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Im all for it being legal.

But only if other drugs with uses are too.

If not then no exceptions just because its used in the gay community.

You know what, I agree.

If people choose to use substances to enhance their lives, then that's their business.

Problem is, whilst they are illegal, very much like prohibition in the U.S.A, people make BIG money that the state can't get their hands on. The only problem with this, imo, is that the state makes more money this way that doesn't actually make its way back into the state.

Confused? It's easy, when things are illegal that really shouldn't be, then someone is making money and it's not being dripped down like this economic ideology insists it should.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Members of Parliament aren't pRt of the government in the UK?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

You win the thread

Cheap, very cheap.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Far from it. They might even be members of the Opposition.
On reflection, we might be operating different definitions of "government". I believe we say "the Government" where Americans are more likely to say "the Administration". I would not regard an M.P. as part of the government unless he was a minister or someone within that official body.

edit on 20-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just got my latest fine in the post for Cannabis £ 75 FIXED PENALTY , typical it was the first time in months i had got any to combat the pain .

I fell asleep in the A&E of the hospital department one night while waiting to be seen and had not slept in days . long story short the cops came .

Add up the cost to society of all the official involvement for a few bucks of a harmless drug ,

But i guess we need to keep all those courts and officials busy

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

At least you were living up to your username.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yip it is quite apt sometimes , i even had the gaull to ask for it back

No chance

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
a reply to: crazyewok

No government should be able to tell you what you can or cannot consume, period.

No government should force you to consume anything, period.

All governments do both.

And most short sighted statement of the month award goes to . . . . . (with regards to your first statement)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Amyl-nitrite (AKA Poppers) was banned since 2005ish - teeth replacement currently used is more dangerous and doesn't relax sphincter muscles - I'm straight, just know my science and gay community, the MPs/any community up in arms haven't a clue what they're on about.

EDIT: Sorry ban was in 2010, since then 'poppers' have been isopropyl nitrite

Not a dig at the OP, it's funny to see MPs ranting about made up drugs, same as Cake from Brasseye all over again.

Also the orginal ban was brought in by the gay community which makes the MPs mock outrage all the more hillarious:

opperstoppers was originally a campaign in the UK led by HIV positive gay men to achieve the ban on the retail sale of poppers and was managed and directed by Cass Mann, CEO of Positively Healthy (POSH). It is now incorporated into the main stream work of POSH, following approval and support for this work from the Secretary of State for the Department of Health. POSH has worked in close collaboration with The Royal Pharmaceutical Society in the successful prosecution in 1996 at Crown Court, in front of a judge, of a retail outlet selling the poppers derivative amyl nitrite. This resulted in the UK-wide ban of amyl nitrite and its disappearance from sale We also worked in tandem with The Department of Health's Medicines Control Agency from 1996 until 2001 to secure a prosecution of manufacturers of the remaining two poppers derivatives, butyl and n-isobutyl nitrites. A prosecution was eventually brought in March 2001 at Crown Court, before a judge and jury, against two manufacturers, but this proved unsuccessful.

www.posh-uk.org.uk...
edit on 20-1-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join