It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rational Wiki ATS hit piece desription page

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The part about claiming ownership of hijacked articles is unfair along with the description of a majority of crazy nutters here. Also I think that there is a large difference between quality and contemplative material here as opposed to other places.

Ironically for a forum mainly populated by paranoid conspiracy theorists, it has an extraordinarily large number of trackers, so if you don’t want 100+ organizations labeling you as a bona fide nutter, then you should only view the ATS site via a proxy or with an ad-blocker set to "high".[3]

LOL Really

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Somebody was probably banned from here and is butt hurt about it. I wouldn't worry too much.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
According to Krazyshot its been up for a long time and was last updated a few days ago, whoever it is must be dedicated to staying up to date.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: schuyler

The part about claiming ownership of hijacked articles is unfair along with the description of a majority of crazy nutters here. Also I think that there is a large difference between quality and contemplative material here as opposed to other places.

All "unfair" means is that you don't agree. The fact is that article is not far off the mark in terms of what is generally thought of ATS by those not invested in it. The amount of "contemplative material" here is a small percentage of the overall image of ATS as a "cranky conspiracy site." You may not have noticed, but it's full of "nutters," from chemtrail adherents to Billy Meir believers. Very little of what is on ATS is taken seriously. The real difference between ATS and the other sites I mentioned is that here, you get to talk about it while there, you get to read about it. But in terms of actual subject content, you could flip Drudge and ATS and not tell a difference.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I loooooove ATS. It's my absolute favorite place to have discussions with people of all sides. Rational Wiki is what it is, a site that debunks "Conservative" conspiracy theories and misinformation. So while their analyses can't be, in my opinion, an in depth one... it's not off with some stuff. A lot of content posted here is Alex Jones etc and other horrible sources of information it's not lifted from GLP (gross!) it's just that a lot of the same stuff gets posted here that does there. Clearly though, they didn't look at thread progression For the majority of content here though, some really great stuff gets posted, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
X2 post.

edit on 1/20/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: freemanwalking

Yes, please share.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
I've stated in other threads, things discussed here also happen to go to other news sites or be breaking news sites as well. I suppose talking about breaking news isn't lifting someone else's piece, I see that more them anything here. And yeah GLP ewwww

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Here you go. A List of the current software attempting to document and transmit my every move.

1: Adgear
2: advertising.com
3: appdynamics
4: appnexus
5: audience science
6: bid theatre
7: bluekai
8: brandscreen
9: chango
10: criteo
11: dataxu
12: digilant
13: dotomi
14: doubleclick
15: drawbridge
16: eyereturn marketing
17: eyeview
18: flashtalking
19: google adsense
20: google analytics
21: google + platform
22: index exchange
23: integral ad science
24: magnetic
25: maxpoint interactive
26: adobe media optimizer
27: mediamath
28: moat
29: mythings
30: netmining
31: netratings sitecensus
32: openx
33: optimax media delivery
34: owner iq
35: platform 161
36: pubmatic
37: quantcast
38: radium one
39: realvu
40: rythmxchange
41: right media
42: rocketfuel
43: rubicon
44: run
45: scorecard research
46: sitescout
47: smart ad server
48: tapad
49: trade desk
50: tribal fusion
51: tribal fusion notice
52: tubemogul
53: turn inc
54: videology

What does that mean exactly? Can they climb stairs? Should I grab the cat and reload with slugs?

It means exactly, that you have no privacy, more so since you don't know how they collect your data
(identity thieves use the same tactics sometimes) and that you should not do anything online and expect privacy until you know how to foil them.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: freemanwalking
Here you go. A List of the current software attempting to document and transmit my every move.

That statement is a fallacy.

First, what's your source, then, what's your basis for claiming these sources are attempting to "document and transmit" your every move?

I sense some FUD here.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I just posted a list of "tracking robots".

"tracking robot" or "tracker" definition - software designed to monitor, track, trace, or otherwise document the actions or preferences of a user, and communicate that data with a third party for a reason other than site access (usually, profit.)

(post by freemanwalking removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by freemanwalking removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Is anything on RationalWiki original? I think not.

I think it is just sour grapes.

to RationalWiki (which sometimes isn't rational at all).

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

"tracking robot" or "tracker" definition - software designed to monitor, track, trace, or otherwise document the actions or preferences of a user, and communicate that data with a third party for a reason other than site access (usually, profit.)

These trackers track user preferences, regardless of if the user is browsing the ATS site. The ATS site, to me, is relatively 'clean'.

Trackers can collect usage detail without personally identifying users. It assures marketers that their dollar spend is valid and to some extent that it is effective. There are privacy issues if trackers are misused as there are penalties for those caught compromising user privacy.

If I recall, there was an advertiser about a year ago that was bumped because they were distributing malware (which is often designed to spy on users). It showed that the ATS crew were on their toes and did the right thing almost immediately. Accolades for that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You are right. In fact SkepticOverlord made a thread about how they turned away the company that was trying to push malware.
You'll find the thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

For the record, that list has nothing to do with the software described above.

The majority of the list is related to advertising networks, and none utilize any software that could be put on your computer as a "taking robot." Especially since we employ two services that continually monitor the ad supplies for any suspicious activity.

Some of on that list, such as "Flashtalking" and "Google+" aren't even used by us our our ad partners. It's apparently just someone's list of so-called tracking robots.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Some of on that list, such as "Flashtalking" and "Google+" aren't even used by us our our ad partners. It's apparently just someone's list of so-called tracking robots.

I am a paid xhtml/css developer. There are 5 primary scripts "trackers" loaded at first. These are:

DoubleClick
Google Analytics
Google + Platform
Quantcast
Scorecard Research

There are many more links to others called on by these, but these are called upon (successfully or not) WITHOUT EXCEPTION on www.abovetopsecret.com...

The simple fact that you let people log in or register on this site with "google" requires that "tracker" or script to be present and in communication.....

As for the others, they may be called on by third parties (original script, or previously loaded "tracker"), but they are most definitely there.

Anyone can see for themselves if they open "Developer Mode" by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C in Mozilla Firefox and scrolling to the bottom line, it happens to show a link for scorecard research.

I don't know why it is scary to some people, but if the internet didn't track you, there would be no usable internet at all.

<< 1   >>

join