It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lesson in Narrative Biblical Observation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In order to help people understand how to observe Bible text correctly I would like to first do an exercise in observation. Thisis always the first step in our training.

Below is a picture I use in our lesson one of Inductive Bible Study. Inductive Bible study means we will take the text and consider all its components in Context and draw out of the text what the meaning is that the original author intended us to receive and then see if an application can be made for us today.

Please carefully look at the picture below and make a list of all the details you can observe from this illustration and post them here in this thread.

Left Click on the picture and click view image to view it larger

Please no carpet bombing posts/multiple posts just one post of observations per ATS Account. I will check back in 12 hours after work

edit on 20-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The only observation I have is that it looks like the house they found osama bin laden in?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

My observation is that the house has a giant hole in it and needs some serious construction work. Part of the hole is on the roof too, so it needs patching or else the rain will get in.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I observed..... they has great architecture except for the big hole in the wall. Many people living together perhaps a community. Women and me wearing gilbab head dress maybe they are Muslim. They have a great pizza oven. They like music hence the music note on the wall on the maybe lounge. They live at number 5 house number is on the wall at the entrance. The cold up stairs is playing with its ABC blocks.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Come on guys this is a serious thread on observations.

If you want to participate then make a list a post it. But being sarcastic or other wise please don't clutter up the thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

My observation is that the house has a giant hole in it and needs some serious construction work. Part of the hole is on the roof too, so it needs patching or else the rain will get in.

Yeah, but that's one cool and compact satellite dish on the left corner of the roof!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well you asked for our observations. How are we supposed to know what you want us to say. You use your eyes and I used mine.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well yea. Can't you see on the roof the two guys toking up? Clearly they need some television to pass the time. It certainly explains why a bunch of people would live in a multiple story house with a giant hole in one of the walls and the roof.
edit on 20-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
In order to help people understand how to observe Bible text correctly I would like to first do an exercise in observation. Thisis always the first step in our training.

Below is a picture I use in our lesson one of Inductive Bible Study. Inductive Bible study means we will take the text and consider all its components in Context and draw out of the text what the meaning is that the original author intended us to receive and then see if an application can be made for us today.

Please carefully look at the picture below and make a list of all the details you can observe from this illustration and post them here in this thread.

Left Click on the picture and click view image to view it larger

Please no carpet bombing posts/multiple posts just one post of observations per ATS Account. I will check back in 12 hours after work

Is this picture the 'Drawing of God'?

Å99

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For me, this is a great thread because it goes to show the different minds at work regarding belief and the explanation of.

Most are having fun or even being serious with what they observe.

Meanwhile the OP is wanting to keep everyone in a box, so to speak. Be serious and observe what he wants you to observe.

Op.

I see a house with a lot of stuff in it. Details are more than I want to type but mainly what I see are a lot of ancient looking people in an ancient home with holes in it. I see windows, doors, fire, animals...

What do you see?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Come on guys this is a serious thread on observations.

If you want to participate then make a list a post it. But being sarcastic or other wise please don't clutter up the thread.

It is impossible to take anything you say seriously.You are not a teacher and clearly don't understand what the scriptures were written for.Yahoshua clearly stated to the pharisees(and you)

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life yet they are they which testify of me And ye will not come to me,that ye would have life."

I can hear your religious rhetoric already how this means something completely different to what Yahoshua is clearly stating because you " study the bible like a Berean and have shown yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

However Yahoshua warned the disciples about you and they same warning is still being proclaimed yet YOU cannot hear it.

"Do not be deceived.For MANY will come in my name and say they are christ and deceive many".

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
I asked that you observe the picture and compile a list. And then post your list in the thread so far everyone is not on tract and not serious.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I have already done this exercise in 1994 and have been a certified Inductive Bible Study leader since 1999.

It is a depiction of a Palestinian Home during the time of Christ.

The exercise is to show how he observe. For example one remarked he saw two guys toking it up. Well the problem is there is no way for him to know what they are doing so he added his interpretation to it without all the facts.

This in essence is what many do when they got o the Bible texts. they don't study out the context and ask questions when they observe. They observe and give opinions,

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I observe a fairly badly drawn mixed axonometric/perspective sketch where the building is drawn orthogonally and the people and entourage are drawn perspectivally.

I also note the there are quite a few building code violations, like no handrail on the stairs... dangerous...

My question is how did they get on the roof???

Are there internal stairs forming part of the cut away wall, or is there a ladder on the walls we can't see?

My primary observation is that this image is going to be used to arbitrarily justify some aspect of religious doctrine based on twisting analogical parallels into a predetermined viewpoint.
edit on 20-1-2016 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I did observe and compile a list of what I observed. I don't know what you want everyone to write perhaps you should dictate what we are supposed to see, there is always more than one side of a story. And I was being serious and I am still serious. Did you see a white with gold dress or a blue and black dress. Do not tell me what I see, it is with my eyes that I see not yours. And no one knows what the authors of the original bible or any religious books meant for us to understand as they are all long dead and languages continually change.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Perhaps an anti gravity or levitation device help the person go onto the roof Prob a ladder but it's good to dream .

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Cloudbuster
I asked that you observe the picture and compile a list. And then post your list in the thread so far everyone is not on tract and not serious.

I was serious and on track.

Is this picture drawn by the hand of God - or someone claiming to be inspired...outside of the observational shenanigans and the poor use of an illegitimate analogy - the christian bible seems to be the most interpreted book on earth...poor design cannot be excused by the claim of misinterpretation - because if it were ever 'the word of God' there could be no spaghetti discussions, and apologensia to spin anything...

Å99

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ChesterJohn, why do you attempt to use a drawing to train people to interpret text?

BTW, I observe that the "satellite dish" as noted by others is a woman with a bowl on her head, reaching the top of the stairs going to the roof level. I also note that the stairs, if they continue straight, will hit the wall before the floor. I can only hope the stairs make a turn at that point.
edit on 20-1-2016 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I can't make the image much bigger, so all I see is building with hole in wall and I vaguely see the people (eyesight problem). I was interested in what ever you have to teach, but then it dawned on me... Discernment is a blessing from God, not something you can teach. God blesses some people with the ability to properly interpret the bible and through the grace of God, persons of faith can discern what is true when they read or hear it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join