It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshopped Chemtrail Photo and Confirmation Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This one kindof made me smile:

I hope it's obvious to most people that this is a rather bad photoshop. Maybe that's giving it too much credit, even.. The text is misaligned, the car is not a tanker.. I mean.. It's cute!

It was posted on this German facebook page:

www.facebook.com...

The point is: some chemtrail believers apparently accept this as credible evidence.

Some believers may accept that this photo is indeed doctored, but then they go on and explain that someone is trying to discredit the chemtrail movement by posting obviously fake pictures, and that seen from that angle this picture is evidence of the reality of chemtrails after all.

See, that way it always works. I think it's called confirmation bias.. Everything can be made to work for a certain beliefsystem if you're just willing enough to bend everything to make it fit.

So I'm wondering: is there a way to prevent this from happening? Can people be made to re-examine their viewpoints, or does an ego have such inertia that they can only do this on their own terms in their own time?

btw Here's the original picture, which you can find online easily.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Uh oh! Someone photoshopped out 'chemtrail' in the second picture!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Meh.

That's a poor attempt at photoshopping. Here's mine:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: payt69
More proof that ''chemtrails'' are real! Why would people go to this much trouble to warn us about something that doesn't exist

There are ATS members that KNOW they're real, somehow, but refuse to tell us how they KNOW. They seem credible to me. /derp

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think its telling that not even one chemtrail believer has even clicked on this thread, never mind trying not refute it.
edit on 20-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Meh.

That's a poor attempt at photoshopping. Here's mine:

Love your shoop! You should make it a livery for FSX/Prepar3d.. it'll be wildly popular I'm sure!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I think its telling that not even one chemtrail believer has even clicked on this thread, never mind trying not refute it.

I'm kindof expecting NewsNoze to come in any moment and give us another gem like 'Chemtrails exist!' without any further statement or reasoning why. That's kindof the level the chemmies operate at these days

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Photoshopped Chemtrail Photo and Confirmation Bias

I see a new article on geoenginneringwatch.com coming.

Headline reads like this...

Chemtrails are real and BP is in on it.

edit on 20-1-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm a pilot.....and I've seen some funny stuff.....no way to tell.....this world is full of unexplainables, isn't it ??...in every sector.....I'm a pilot....I have seen evidence....
edit on 20-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: like those boys coming south out of Tinker

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I'm a pilot.....and I've seen some funny stuff.....no way to tell.....this world is full of unexplainables, isn't it ??...in every sector.....I'm a pilot....I have seen evidence....

Oh ok.. what are you a pilot on? Commercial airliner?

What evidence have you seen?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

And yet all you have ever been able to provide this forum with is empty personal rhetoric. No details whatsoever of any facet of this conspiracy.

You will forgive me if I question you being a pilot. Because even someone with basic knowledge of flying would know that it's impossible (yes impossible) for the weight of any plane to decrease or shift in any way without the pilots knowing.

I have never flown anything other than my quad copter and I know this.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My guess is a pilot on FSX. After all, things that are routine knowledge to every pilot I know seem a complete mystery to the chap.

I'd like to see a 'debate-off' between this member and F4guy. A proper pilot who finds chemtrails risible (as does every other one I know)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos
My guess is a pilot on FSX. After all, things that are routine knowledge to every pilot I know seem a complete mystery to the chap.

I'd like to see a 'debate-off' between this member and F4guy. A proper pilot who finds chemtrails risible (as does every other one I know)

Haha.. I'd pay to see that debate. But of course it will never happen.

ON the other hand.. being a pilot doesn't make you immune for believing in some nutty stuff. I mean I like John Lear, but some of the stuff he claims to believe in is really crazy. Still.. he's a really good pilot. I wonder if he believes in chemtrails though. I seem to remember him stating that he didn't but can't find a source.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I am a pilot. I know for a fact you have not seen evidence.

Easy to make claims on the internet.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

and your evidence is ...............................

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

on a serious note :

if one was to accept the " defence " from chemtrail proponents that :

` such PS hoaxes [ and other easily falsified lies ] are disinfo from govt chentrail shills and trolls `

then what is actually left ??????????????????????

crickets .................................... ????

its a serious question - what actuall evidence do the chemtrail proponents actually have [ once all the bollox has been trashed ] ???????????????

and more important - why do they [ chemtrail proponents ] - so readily and mindlessly regurgitate such obvios twaddle as " FACTS "

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

True, but I've never met a pilot in my life who thought that contrails couldn't persist and the ones that do are a recent phenomenon. I may be wrong, but I'm sure our guy has said that in previous posts.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

pretty sure he pilots one of these:

new topics

top topics

join