It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to cable customers: Stop your whining

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: interupt42

The Republicans were against net neutrality from the start. They caved to Obama and the Democrats on the issue. Multiple threads here on it.

Why do you think most of us are PISSED at them? Saying the Democrats aren't innocent on this issue is mindnumbingly ignorant. They proposed it and the damn RINO'S caved in to it.

I can completely understand why you would want your internet bandwidth reduced if you are visiting a site that
your ISP deems competition, totally makes sense!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
Why shouldn't your ISP limit your bandwidth or block you from visiting a site that is competitive to their business interests?

It's America and we are free! Yeah!

LOL, MURICA.

I realised you are being sarcastic but I'm sure a few actually feel that way so here is the reason why they shouldn't limit your bandwidth:

They are an Oligopoly where there is no competition and plenty of customer hate , the internet was build upon tax payers money and promises from the telco who took our money but never delivered,, the internet is not a commodity its a market place.

You can't go to best buy and purchase a box of the internet, the internet is a global market place and should be treated as such , hence no one should have control of it.

edit on 02131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 16:02:24 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Am I reading something wrong here? The OP appears to be in favor of net neutrality and everyone is coming into the thread agreeing with him, then going on to complain about net neutrality.

LOL, I must admit I had to read some of the post a couple of times.

I think the issue is that most don't really understand net neutrality or what the internet is .

Or probably its their defence mechanism for showing the hypocrisy of the republicans even though I pointed it out on the Democrats as well?

These people are really insane lol

"I AM FOR FREEDOMS!"

But not my freedom to visit whatever websites I'd like!

Just the freedom for my ISP to create two and three their internet access, they need more money and I have some more to spend = conservative logic

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: yesyesyes
Why shouldn't your ISP limit your bandwidth or block you from visiting a site that is competitive to their business interests?

It's America and we are free! Yeah!

Because they are an Oligopoly where there is no competition and plenty of customer hate , the internet was build upon tax payers money and promises from the telco who took our money but never delivered,, the internet is not a commodity its a market place.

You can't go to best buy and purchase a box of the internet, the internet is a global market place and should be treated as such , hence no one should have control of it.

I was trying to be over the top stupid and sarcastic lol

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Yeah, I caught that a second late then edited my post once I noticed you were being sarcastic . LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

"I AM FOR FREEDOMS!" But not my freedom to visit whatever websites I'd like!

IMO I think they first look to see where their party stands on the issue.

Then they go to re-enforce that that stand.

At no time do they actually try to investigate the issue.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Thank your for being such an idiot that you think the Republicans are behind this. Haven't you figured it out yet? Are you not smart enough to realize that it do not matter Republican or Democrat they are they exact same creature? They keep Americans fighting amoungst themselves no matter who is is charge while they grab more and more power. Once you realize that Dem/Rep are the same beast you will be able to understand that they don't care about the people, only in what they can get from the people.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76

Thank your for being such an idiot that you think the Republicans are behind this. Haven't you figured it out yet? Are you not smart enough to realize that it do not matter Republican or Democrat they are they exact same creature? They keep Americans fighting amoungst themselves no matter who is is charge while they grab more and more power. Once you realize that Dem/Rep are the same beast you will be able to understand that they don't care about the people, only in what they can get from the people.

Besides your comprehension issue do you have anger issues? How did you conclude that from this? It was only 3 sentence deep in the op?

However, Democrats aren't any less innocent on this.

Also look at my post history if you think I'm not aware that the gop and dnc are one in the same,

Your communication skills need much work.
edit on 19131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 23:19:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 23:25:57 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Our cable company is forcing everyone to switch from cable boxes to TiVo boxes that use internet data. They realize more and more people are streaming, so why not give them all boxes that allow even MORE streaming and use even MORE internet data?!

They are a cable company, ISP, cell phone provider and land line provider. They are the only game in town for cable TV and the only reliable ISP we have.

Check out our internet "options" for JUST internet:

Wow, what a deal, right? Welcome to Alaska. People laugh and gasp when they see what we get for how much we pay.
edit on 20-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Lol I like the no worries.

I'm sure it's no worries for them

In Florida I had 84 dollar plan but no caps. Then they switched it to 100mb but with cap. The rest aren't available. So it's pretty much what we got down here but maybe 20 bucks difference.

Last I heard do to fcc complaints they are holding off on The cap for now.

edit on 45131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 23:45:14 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 47131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 23:47:18 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join