It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Doors make Asylum Seekers Targets of Racist Thugs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Have you ever seen any graffiti anywhere (that wasn't a banksy) I have lost count of the number of swastikas painted on walls etc, and that is in the West coast of Scotland it's what yobs do, they think it's big and clever..it's not

And you seem to be confusing race and religion again...muslims can be any race or colour, as can migrants, the main issue is that the migrants were claiming they had deliberately been given houses with red doors to single them out...bloody tosh and claptrap...they were given homes, owned by large housing organisations that just happened to paint many of their doors red, that coupled with being in an area of huge deprivation and poverty meant that anti-social behaviour is rife..it's not targeted at people because of their religion or race..mindless yobs don't need that sort of excuse.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sometimes you apologists need to build a ruddy big bridge and get over yourselves and venture into the real world...

Mybe apologists should have a separate colour door. Different colour doors for each group of undesirables.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Yes, but they'll all end up with egg on them or stones thrown at them and covered in graffiti if they happen to be in an area of poverty and deprivation..no matter what colour they are!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I'm trying to figure out just why you are so upset. Are you upset that these migrants want all doors painted the same color?Are you upset that these migrants are complaining about vandalism to the homes they live in?

Or are you upset in general that migrants have moved into your country?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Yes, but they'll all end up with egg on them or stones thrown at them and covered in graffiti if they happen to be in an area of poverty and deprivation..no matter what colour they are!

What from Muslims or the locals?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well if you had read all of my posts, you would see that I am upset that the housing association is being compared to the Nazis as the migrants feel that because they all have red doors that they have been put in those houses deliberately so that they will be targeted..e.g red door = migrant, when that is not the case at all. That and the fact that they are demanding different colour doors...and getting them, no doubt at the expense of the tax payer, when these problems exist in these areas of great deprivation and I think it would be a better idea to work out solutions to that, rather than spending money to repaint doors that, lets face it, will doubtless end up being vandalised again. What are the housing association meant to do? Just keep forking out for paint for doors, meanwhile their other tenants put up with this sort of thing, because they have no recourse inasmuch that the police won't help, and if they have eggs thrown at their doors, they are told to get out with a bucket of hot water and clean it themselves..

The migrants may need a crash course in living in broken Britain and all of the problems that everyone else has to deal with on a daily basis, i.e. anti-social behaviour caused by high unemployment and poverty, and perhaps may think about working with the other residents to see what they can do to make their communities happier and more peaceful places...and a bit of gratitude that they have been housed in a country where the worst they can expect is an egg or a stone thrown at their door...not a scud missile, and perhaps not accusing the very people who have provided housing for them as being Nazis!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

yobs...yes they are locals, some may be muslim, others not..I don't know why you want to keep bringing it back to muslims vs brits...I have never mentioned muslims. The migrants could be any religion or race, as could the locals!

But once you've lived on a sink estate for a while and put up with all of the endemic problems of poverty in these areas, you start to realise that it doesn't matter...a yob is a yob, by any colour or creed

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, I've read your posts, and I think it's disingenuous to claim that this is only about the cost of some paint.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Well if you had read all of my posts, you would see that I am upset that the housing association is being compared to the Nazis as the migrants feel that because they all have red doors that they have been put in those houses deliberately so that they will be targeted..e.g red door = migrant, when that is not the case at all. That and the fact that they are demanding different colour doors...and getting them, no doubt at the expense of the tax payer, when these problems exist in these areas of great deprivation and I think it would be a better idea to work out solutions to that, rather than spending money to repaint doors that, lets face it, will doubtless end up being vandalised again. What are the housing association meant to do? Just keep forking out for paint for doors, meanwhile their other tenants put up with this sort of thing, because they have no recourse inasmuch that the police won't help, and if they have eggs thrown at their doors, they are told to get out with a bucket of hot water and clean it themselves..

The migrants may need a crash course in living in broken Britain and all of the problems that everyone else has to deal with on a daily basis, i.e. anti-social behaviour caused by high unemployment and poverty, and perhaps may think about working with the other residents to see what they can do to make their communities happier and more peaceful places...and a bit of gratitude that they have been housed in a country where the worst they can expect is an egg or a stone thrown at their door...not a scud missile, and perhaps not accusing the very people who have provided housing for them as being Nazis!

In the link you provided the indirect Nazi reference was by a MP not one of the Asylum Seekers.

I am pretty sure asylum seekers are well are of the problems of "brokern Britian" by the fact that they have to live among it. That doesn't they should have to put up with racist abuse but still keep on with the victim blaming,

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
That is definitely NOT true. Im not sure who has fed you that idea. One of my family members is Head of Housing in my area and theh have to put a third of their stock on one side for asylum seekers.a reply to: ScepticScot

Unless I am misreading the figures then across the UK one third of council housing stock would be about twenty times the total number of asylum seekers currently in the UK (before we even got onto private lets or ones kept in detention centres). Do you have anything to back up your anecdote.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Not true, the majority of asylum seekers have no impact on council house waiting lists as they are housed in private lets (generally in areas no one else wants to live) and paid for out of a separate budget.
Waiting lists are caused by lack of social housing and inadequate council budgets. If you want argue that they should be increased then I am right there with you.

Not so ....

I have friends who are employed in various trades by the council. They

have *red alert* address lists of properties which have to have immediate

attention should a problem arise, and guess who lives in those houses??

So when pointed out that they don't get an automatic preference to get housing you respond by saying that they get preferential treatment once in a council house.

Have you got anything to back up this anecdote?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Ehh...do you actually have an understanding about what this is about? I'm not sure you do...

I am annoyed at the media, and the migrants, comparing the fact that they have been housed in properties that have red doors, that somehow they are being discriminated against and that they were deliberately put in those houses to make them targets of yobs...FFS..get a grip!

And yes, it is about money being spent needlessly, their complaint that the door colour is in some way to blame for their issues with anti-social behaviour, and their demands, which are being met, to repaint their doors is a total waste of money, in an area that could use every last penny to genuinely improve people's lives, their doors are going to be repainted...so what will they do then when the situation doesn't improve, because it's an endemic social issue in the area that they live, just keep painting the doors! Seriously, it's just ridiculous and that's why I am annoyed

It's got nothing to do with peoples race or religion and it only seems to be you and one other poster who seem desperate to call me a racist..just remember though, it is you who made the assumptions and connections, I am just annoyed that any person being housed bu the state, are comparing themselves to the Jews under Hitler because of the colour of their door..they have problem with colour..not me!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

They are not getting racial abuse, they are having eggs, stones and graffiti on their doors...so do I and thousands of others, who helps me, who helps the thousands of others? We just have to get on with it and try our best to better the communities we live in...

And OK it was a labour mp (trust them to stir the pot) that made the Nazi remark, but it doesnt change the migrants initial complaint that they believed only migrants were housed in red door houses and they thought they were being put their deliberately and that that was the reason their houses were being attacked by yobs

sheesh it's really not that difficult, but go on, keep making more and more divisions in this society by conveniently forgetting all of the people who have been putting up with this sort of thing for years and nothing is done, then champion the cause of a few migrants and get things done for them...and just create more resentment,,,yes good one

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well, give them time - I'm sure the migrants will eventually realize that the people in the country they have moved to are just as hateful as the people in the country they escaped from.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was in Poundland today and noticed a paint brush £1, small black gloss paint tin enough for a couple of doors £1, and enough sandpaper for 10 doors £1.
Even living on asylum seeker benefits I'd have painted it myself if I was that worried and concerned.

Laziness and first world problems, just buy a #ing brush and do it yourselves!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

so you are saying I am hateful? Okay, that seems to be the thing to do...paint (excuse the pun) the other person as a hater/racist/homophobe whatever....throw logic out of the window and end up creating issues where there were none and steering everything to a specific agenda that makes everyone wrong except the group you believe have more rights (whatever that group may be, women, gays, muslims, blacks, unemployed disabled) without grasping the irony that you are indeed creating another sub group who are being vilified for asking questions or having opinions....Hmmm...

And throughout your responses it is You who have been making assumptions and stereotyping, based on little information, just like any narrow minded bigot!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

So when pointed out that they don't get an automatic preference to get housing you respond by saying that they get preferential treatment once in a council house.

Well if they are already in accommodation the have by passed the normal

waiting time on the social housing list of approx five years?

Have you got anything to back up this anecdote?

Cant link you to anything but straight from the horses mouth (plumber/

heating engineer and electrician) They are not supposed to talk about

it as it could cause trouble if the media got hold of just what really goes

on. In the same manner that trouble in Europe is being kept quiet.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I dont know about ALL the Country I said in my area where there are 10,000 on a waiting list a third if the stock that becomes vacant has to be put aside for asylum seekers.

I agree with the OP as well. These asylun seekers are being put in the most impoverished parts of the UK where there are huge problems with anti social behaviour and drug addiction. I myself live in such an area where the shops are regularlh targeted by hooded youths who scrawl graffiti and throw bricks etc. All the doors are eithet blue, red or green and look the same. The youths where I live go out in gangs of 30 or so if anyone confronts them about noise or to try and move them on their houses become targeted. A house near me was regularly eggec and the words "c**t" sprawled in huge letters all over front door and side of house, the person living there was white and elderly. I have had my car keyec, tyres let down for asking them to move on. My neighbour has had her fence set on fire.

An indian family moved here a few weeks ago. Nothing has happened yet but if it does will it be seen as racist or just welcome to the neighbourhood?

Our MPs seem oblivious to this though even though it is happening all over the Country. The local Policr where I live often get turrents of abuse from gangs and do nothing but walk on by. What are they supposed to do when they have no weapons and are confronted with a gang of 20 and the yobs know this. My sister was a Magistrate and gave it up cos she said she saw the same faces week in and week out and they just got a slapped wrist. The youths know they are untouchable and the Police dont see the point in going through the motions.

But ask any homeless person or young mother living in damp and rancid properties with their children where they would prefer to be and I bet they would snatch your hand to live in an house with a red doot. Perhaps the asylum seekers shoulld swap if the properties and the way of life isnt sufficient but it is as good as it gets and far better than a lot of poor British people have got. Perhaps they think they should be entitled to live in a leafy suburb well forget it Welcome to the UK!!a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Noooo, I'm saying there are hateful people in your country. There are hateful people in my country as well. Migrants who think they are moving someplace where they can get away from that are in for a rude awakening. I am agreeing with you that painting the doors will not get rid of the hateful acts of others, and the migrants will find that out soon enough.

But I certainly don't blame the migrants for wanting to not stand out so as to be an easy target. And I don't blame them for complaining about what happened to them. Apparently you do.
edit on 21-1-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I was in Poundland today and noticed a paint brush £1, small black gloss paint tin enough for a couple of doors £1, and enough sandpaper for 10 doors £1.
Even living on asylum seeker benefits I'd have painted it myself if I was that worried and concerned.

Laziness and first world problems, just buy a #ing brush and do it yourselves!

I think you may be missing the point somewhat, it is not about the colour of the door, it is about people being targeted for racist abuse. You can agree /disagree with how many asylum seekers we take but I am pretty sure you agree that the ones we do take should be able to live their lives here with some degree of dignity and respect.

That said would they even be allowed to paint the doors of the properties as they are rented? ( also some of them will be on as little as £5 a day, a couple of quid for paint and materials could basically mean not eating that day)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join