It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collapse is imminent. Finalize your preps now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty much any practice that artificially increases the money supply would be an indicator.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

My understanding is that most practices in place do just that and have for quite some time. It could go on like that for another 20-30 years or more. I think of "imminent" as being somewhat close, but I guess it could be considered on the distant horizon.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

That's what I was hoping (and still am), but I've just never seen SO many indicators all going SO south. Just not good. And all of the corrective measures in the world won't matter a hill of beans if people can't go out and buy things. Or even if they perceive they can't.

I had the same worries in 2008, and kept quiet, didn't even alarm my wife, etc., but now I wish I had back then. I mean I said some things, but she just chalked it up to me worrying.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My post about Sanders goes into the thought that government could be trusted and if government could be trusted, then they would indicate when/if a collapse would occur.

Too many people trust the government. Things like Quantitative Easement, bailouts, altering interest rates, forestall the inevitable collapse, but there has never been an indication that government has ever been honest with the people and that they would have a much clearer idea WHEN a collapse would occur than any of us.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I know where you are coming from. I lost a significant amount of retirement funds due to preparing for and trying to apply some timeline for the worst. Lesson learned there. I'm not going to do that again, but rather have sensible funds and ride it out. I certainly can't speak for or advise on anyone else's situation though. I do agree that people should prepare as appropriate for down periods. If money becomes worthless and we get to the knives and guns phase, well then I'm not prepared for that and will need to reconsider my options

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm not touching my retirement funds.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smart move in ANY economy. Unless part of your retirement funds consist of shiny elemental metals. Then touch them and touch them often...touch them like Scrooge McDuck

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

IF this is true, then LETS get it over with and let the social unrest revolution begin. Like in the BIBLE brother against brother. Lets get it on. The tree's need fresh fertilizer.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I should note, my OP today had NOTHING to do with the stock market plunge today.
It was the result of things I've been seeing since the beginning of the year.
Was pretty odd timing though. Luckily, the DOW has climbed back up (for now), but still in the red today.

No doubt, this whole roller coaster will continue to be the norm.

Other bad signs:

Walmart to close 269 stores:
money.cnn.com...

Macy's to close 35-40 stores:
www.msn.com...

And these are likely just the tip of the iceberg....

Half the Walmart stores a those new concept dollar stores they were trying out and decided it was not working, the other half are in Brazil and then Latin America. The are also opening 300 new stores. Will the world have a slowdown? It is possible depending on how the Chinese manage. Is it going to have a collapse? No. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Dollar Tree!

5 pound bags of flour $1

2 pound bags of dried pinto beans $1

12 0z cans of Prem (Swift Premiums version of spam) $1

Go, Go, Go!

If prem is the difference between going hungry and having a
reserve for those I care about? I'd corner the market if I
could. Pintos, prem, flour and lots of oatmeal. I hope it
never gets that bad but as a man I'm obligated to my
familys survival. If I let them down, I've failed as a man.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Good , the more I get. Keep all your money in the bank.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smart move in ANY economy. Unless part of your retirement funds consist of shiny elemental metals. Then touch them and touch them often...touch them like Scrooge McDuck

Good, the more I get. Leave it all in, DON'T WORRY , IT'S SAFE. in my control.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There was talk about Japan defaulting on their bonds last year.
The Yen depreciated from being worth about 80 to the US dollar all the way to 120!
Japans national debt is almost twice that of the US in percentage of their current GDP.
Recently the Yen has soared in value back up to 115 to the dollar while the Chinese currencies such as Hong Kong Dollar, Taiwan dollar, Yuan all have sunk to stimulate exports.

Only sbout 5% of Japanese bonds are held by non Japanese residents so less impact globally if they default.
If the economic collapse starts in Asia we would be talking about a different kind of prepper strategy.

The Eurozone citizens could probably just limp along buying discounted Asian products for a while if the slide continues.
Nothing has much investment value in a deflating global economy except cash.
Difficult for new production to compete with inventory overstock, oil etc.

A poster in another thread predicted the Chinese military would overrun the US, I'm not exactly sure what they were trying to communicate. Maybe the US CIA is planning a nuclear event against Japan with Junior in north Korea?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
haven't you heard of what comes up must come down? it's been crazy bull for a year. it's about time the correction happened. china data is false and a lie. US is okay shape though, no worries.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Its very simple. Canned food, in HUGE quantities. It will be worth more than gold because you cant EAT gold.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Somebody warn major sports like the NBA, NFL and MLB These guys are making $22M/yr. hitting .265 and how much tax free $$ is the NFL raking in w/the playoffs? When 'the game' is cancelled then I'll start to hunker down but I've got 3 dogs and a 75 y.o. Mother-In-Law so if I leave Her then what kind of 'afterLife' can I look forward to? Probably have some points deducted and not being able to grab another body/vessel after the 'snip' clears.. Nope, I'll let the "early birds" snuff each other out w/their greed, I'd guess these would be the same folks that wait in line for 5 hrs. on "Black Friday" which greed has taken such an early foot that it now starts right after the Detroit Lions of the aforementioned NFL™ lose by 14 points, thus not covering the spread as their tentacles branch out into both legal/illegal gambling and nobody cares because the betting card reads "For Amusement Only" wink; wink;

I'll get snuffed out by some freak w/a rifle that has been "Prepping" for years so He was one of the first to get His arse kicked and all His gear stolen and I'll leave here the same way I arrived, w/the sin stain of $$ removed forEVER...

namaste

P.S. There is always a job at the Post Office...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Meh, I'm ready to die anyway, let it come.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Everytime I look at your avatar I laugh, it's great. You will be fine. Do you know how to shoot and gut a deer?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Good thread, mighty thespian. I remember Sir Charlie's ava..
bump. for the Earl of Mar AND Beelzebub the Manager.

For the record, any stock market's worst opening fortnight (in
HISTORY, including the early '30's) makes me twitch. Off the
record, Robby Noel once said:
"Woud you rather have a can of beans or a picture of one?"
We in the US are also saddled with something out of the mix
80 years past... crushing debt.

That BDI is more than just the container cost to we worried ones;
it's also a solid indicator of shipping volume itself. And we're
looking at tankers loaded to the gunwales with oily overstock
nobody can get rid of for even 25 a barrel... orbiting around in the
Gulf of Mexico.
Just the tip of the commercial iceberg, I know. But the Petrobuck
lost it's panache a long time ago... and new players are backed with
gold we already had to give away months ago for matured paper. I
somehow envy Janet Yellin's hot seat right now less than Bernanke's.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join