It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collapse is imminent. Finalize your preps now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm not usually one to buy into doom and gloom, but ignoring the signs just seems counter-productive right now. For the first time, ever, global trade is at a stand-still.

www.activistpost.com...

The Stock Market continues to crash.

Oil continues to plummet, and with it, energy companies going belly up. This will cause loan defaults, and hit banks hard.

Unemployment claims on the rise.

Pretty much every indicator indicates an imminent major global downturn.

So, just a friendly reminder to at least do what you can to be ready for it.

Will this be the apocalypse? No, I doubt it...but if you suffered in 2008, you may view it as such.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Dollar Tree!

5 pound bags of flour $1

2 pound bags of dried pinto beans $1

12 0z cans of Prem (Swift Premiums version of spam) $1

Go, Go, Go!
edit on 20-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The effects are most definitely being seen here in Canada. Our dollar is worth nothing and has been the lowest it's been over a decade. Prices of food is skyrocketing. No jobs available. thousands of layoffs.

It's unfortunate I wasn't able to start my planned off-grid community years ago so this wouldn't be such an impact to my family and my group. This is the exact type of situation it would keep us away from.

Hopefully others are in a better situation.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah well, it is bound to happen sometime. Better to be prepared.
Mebbee I'll go shoot some grub.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
When you say "collapse"... to what degree are you referring? I'm rather insulated and not seeing this. My city has had very high growth throughout this century, and we are booking more work on a week by week basis for the last couple of quarters now. There's no sign of stop anytime soon.

This is what I see:

Shanghai Index

which has caused:

Dow Jones Index

Such a shame speculation on the other side of the world has global economic effects.
edit on 20-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Dollar Tree!

5 pound bags of flour $1

2 pound bags of dried pinto beans $1

12 0z cans of Prem (Swift Premiums version of spam) $1

Go, Go, Go!

Knowledge of Dollar Tree's working hours and security system

Stacks of Gold and Silver Bullion

Mass Ammo cache

Weapons at the ready

Got em, Got em, Got em!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Economic Collapse is imminent

well that was simple, there you go, global warming problem solved

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Shotgun and a knife. I'm good.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I Michigan the price of gas is finally beginning to drop below $2 . The market isn't a big issue for a few more thousand points anyway. If it gets below 7-8k then we'll definitely have a problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Calm yourself, it's just a market correction.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

if which market goes below 7,000, the DJIA? That's like 8,000 points away, it's at 15,800 something right now

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't think it's quite that bad yet. Give the cheap oil wrinkles some time to iron out before panicking.

originally posted by: mikell
I Michigan the price of gas is finally beginning to drop below $2 . The market isn't a big issue for a few more thousand points anyway. If it gets below 7-8k then we'll definitely have a problem.

Did you hear about the gas station war in Houghton Lake? I believe it was down to $0.47 a gallon at one the other day!
Edit: I think it's back to regular prices now, though. Bet plenty of drivers were on cloud nine after filling up, though.
edit on 1/20/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I was like Euw good Gazrock, then saw your OP content.

You know when ppl fear, they argue against the truth right? I am thinking they run in the opposite direction from it in fact.

So, this is an important topic, and the only thing I can say is thank you for sharing current events which are unfolding rapidly.

You have seen most likely, but your Op reminds me of this guy and the reality that the majority of people live in. Now granted in the more CT/debunker/alternative news sites and forums we may have a little advantage, but from some of the posts so far not by much. Ok here you go, wellll worth the time to watch.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The economy has been ready to tank since the 80's but has been propped to varying degrees of success since - barring a couple of minor recessions they have succeeded so far.

A very good indicator of word business is The Baltic Dry Index

Back in November, the Baltic Dry Index dropped below 500 for the first time in recorded history, and it has kept falling ever since. On Wednesday morning it fell to a low of 369.

To put that into perspective, the index was as high as 1,222 in August, and it has fallen 84% from a recent peak of 2,330 in late 2013.

link

Not only might the Baltic Dry's crash be signalling another big global correction, it also highlights the dire straits the shipping industry is in.

China has driven the global shipping industry for the past couple of decades by importing huge amounts of raw materials to fuel growth. Now China's economy is cooling, and that's hitting the shipping industry hard.

A big report in The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday raised the issue of so-called zombie ships causing massive problems for the industry.

So it does appear we are closer to a full on meltdown than before.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm not usually one to buy into doom and gloom

But the economic collapse is imminent! I'm confused.

Wall street is the new Vegas. Chinese whispers and speculation is destroying everything we know about economics as businesses are now judged on their market performance rather then the quality of their goods and services. How many CEO's have fallen on their sword because they haven't made a company money? if innovation was a benchmark then Apple should've gone outta business years ago.

And let's not forget that if the rare earth minerals were to become more scarce they would be in damage control-oil is not the only commodity the modern world is reliant on.

edit on 20-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I had a better post, but my browser has locked up and lost it twice, so I'll keep it short: IMF World Economic Outlook update from yesterday. Just one source/opinion, which could be right, wrong, or right for the wrong reasons, but nevertheless, one which I agree with here.

In short, the IMF is saying there is a fairly high risk...of slower continued growth over the next couple years. Risks to additional slowing of growth if certain things are managed poorly. Not really any prognostication of a shrinking global economy, even a slightly shrinking global economy.

I'm still trying to figure out where the recent economic doom is coming from, though it does seem that often the loudest voices in economic prognostication/reporting are the ones who don't know the first thing about economics.

IMO - stay calm everyone, and continue to enjoy the growth whilst hoping it sustains long and strong enough in the long run to get us back to that golden age feeling of the 90's so many people have been confused into thinking is "typical."

Anyway, here's the link. I hope my stupid browser doesn't crash again:

IMF PDF Link

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Nonsense.

Trust the government.

All the Burnie Sanders folks do. Trust socialized medicine, trust the full faith that the economy won't collapse. Trust that government will always be there. Trust that they (government) would tell you if things were going bad so you could prepare.

Trust them. They never lie.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
DOW -560 right now !!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wrong forum section.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
...but if you suffered in 2008, you may view it as such.

Well, 2008 really didn't impact me at all. I guess you had to have money for that to happen!

This time around though, I am trying to sell our home. So hopefully the correction finishes soon or the house sells soon. Either way, there really isn't anything I can do about it, so why worry?

a reply to: Nyiah

Did it get that low? Lowest I had heard was $0.78/gallon, which is still mighty ridiculous. I filled up for $1.48/gallon yesterday in the Metro Detroit area (Valero on Middlebelt in Inkster; cash price).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join