It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be newly discovered planet in our solar system

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Planet Nine!?!? People people...if we don't start naming these planets differently, we will have failed to adhere to stereotypes put out there by all science fiction stories, space movies, and stories about the future. A bunch of mythological gods and Planet Nine are never going to get us to the point we see the stereotypical Remulek, Albertron, Quumbolix-Z, or Voltrexon.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Hey Green, I just had to go outside and try to pic
what it seems they might be try'n to hide.
This is over apple valley ca. and it sure doesn't look
like no sun dog we've all become familiar with.

Not to me at least. You may see it differently but this is
all getting kind of weird either way.

Is this object covered in a highly reflective substance? Because there's no way something in space could appear so bright in broad daylight, and so close to the Sun. Unless it were a supernova or something. Even Venus isn't that bright when seen in dailight.

Also, how the heck could anybody try and hide this?

Common sense and basic knowledge of astronomy seems to be in short supply these days.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

It should be said, that when it finally does come around, (however many thousands of years that will be)... it will most definitely be in our vision. It would be right at the doorstep in fact.
If it is indeed as big as it sounds, that is likely enough mass to effect earth in a terrible way, is it not?

What a time to be alive, folks!
There's 9 planets, no eight! Now 9 again!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
hmmm, interesting indeed. That's a very huge orbit there. It would be awesome if they confirm it. That's a very good application of the scientific method right there. Awesome!

I'll throw this out there (and no, I don't believe in the Nibiru theory), though I believe there could be more planets/objects that scientists haven't even discovered it's gravitational influence on visible objects because they could be too far away right now:

What if they are telling us this now because in the solar eclipse of march 9th 2016, an object so close to the sun that is currently eclipsed by it, could be seen with a normal telescope? After all, they have been telling about a big object since 1983, like someone else in this thread pointed out.... (yea, going to the crazy side with this one hahaha. Don't shoot me xD)
edit on 22/1/2016 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I love how many people are shouting about this being nibiru, how they were right, sitchin / lieder was right (this is all over the internet, not just here) and yet not a single one of them has taken the time to actually realise this, in itself, completely and thoroughly debunks literally EVERYTHING else that they have ever claimed is nibiru, and thoroughly exposes them.

All those precious "red filter" pics that nancy loves - cant be nibiru if this new planet is nibiru (its nowhere near us, at all)
All those anomalies by the sun - again cant be nibiru any more
The 2'o'clock clouds - those most definitely cant be nibiru any more if this new planet is
The ISS window reflections most certainly cant be nibiru any more
Those "planet sized" dark circles sucking "plasme" from the sun? - those cant be nibiru any more either

There are so many past "secret truths" and "world scientific conspiracy" theoies. Their believers love to jump on anything and everything that offers them a hint of "its there, we were right" that they fail to see how wrong they always are, and will be. But they will never admit it.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why is it that whenever a potential new planet is announced, it becomes Nibiru and we're all going to get destroyed again. Seriuosly, what kind of illness leads to this thinking?

Planet Nine, if it exists, does seem to have an eliptical orbit but as far as I have read, but at no point does that orbit come close to the inner solar system. Nothing about it fits with the Nibiru theories except the word planet.
edit on 22/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion
What if they are telling us this now because in the solar eclipse of march 9th 2016, an object so close to the sun that is currently eclipsed by it, could be seen with a normal telescope? After all, they have been telling about a big object since 1983, like someone else in this thread pointed out.... (yea, going to the crazy side with this one hahaha. Don't shoot me xD)

The Earth revolves around the Sun once per year.

I mention this because if there were an new object entering the inner solar system that was not able to be seen by Earth because it was in the direction of the Sun as seen from earth, that object would be able to be seen a few months later because as the Earth went around the Sun, that object would no longer be in the direction of the Sun as seen from Earth.

That's why we can see the constellation Orion in January but cant see it in July. It's in the sky in July, but it is on the other side of the Sun from us -- so it's in the daytime sky near the bright Sun. In January, we move to that same side of the Sun as Orion, and Orion can be seen in our night sky.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Planet Nine!?!? People people...if we don't start naming these planets differently, we will have failed to adhere to stereotypes put out there by all science fiction stories, space movies, and stories about the future. A bunch of mythological gods and Planet Nine are never going to get us to the point we see the stereotypical Remulek, Albertron, Quumbolix-Z, or Voltrexon.

"Planet Nine" is just a fun temporary name given by Mike Brown.

He must be in to fun names, because when he discovered the Dwarf Planet Eris in 2005 (the object that eventually led to the Demotion of Pluto out of the ranks of "Major Plant"), Mike Brown gave it the temporary name "Xena" after the character from the TV show Xena: Warrior Princess because he liked the TV show, and because it started with a "X", as in Planet "X" -- "Planet X being the usual term astronomers give to hypothetical planets that may have some mathematical evidence of existence. He knew it would officially be named something else later.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Unless the oribital path of an object was tracking aroud the sun at the same/similar rate as the earth and on a similar plane to the earth. Unlikely I know, but the relationship between two objects orbits around the sun could, theoritcally, keep an object hidden.
edit on 22/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Because it changes traditional history! We are seeing time lines pushed back. And now, ideas that have been discounted as myth, may have a basis in fact. bad news for the traditional establishment. Look up "OOPART' and read...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Hey I apologized alright!
What more do you want from me?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

The Earth revolves around the Sun once per year.

I mention this because if there were an new object entering the inner solar system that was not able to be seen by Earth because it was in the direction of the Sun as seen from earth, that object would be able to be seen a few months later because as the Earth went around the Sun, that object would no longer be in the direction of the Sun as seen from Earth.

That's why we can see the constellation Orion in January but cant see it in July. It's in the sky in July, but it is on the other side of the Sun from us -- so it's in the daytime sky near the bright Sun. In January, we move to that same side of the Sun as Orion, and Orion can be seen in our night sky.

Yes, you are correct.

However, this object is moving around the sun and doesn't produce it's own light. When i posted that, I was thinking that the object in question might just be getting close enough to start reflecting significant sun light to be seen by earth telescopes.

Anyways, I don't see why they would be hiding this discovery from us. I honestly don't see a conspiracy here. I posted that as something crazy but plausible.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Unless the orbital path of an object was tracking around the sun at the same/similar rate as the earth and on a similar plane to the earth. Unlikely I know, but the relationship between two objects orbits around the sun could, theoretically, keep an object hidden.

I have always thought of something like that. What if there is an "Earth II" that has exactly the same orbit and the same speed, maybe smaller than Earth and it's always at the opposite side of the sun, I think we couldn't be able to see it. However it could be detectable because of it's gravitational effect on other objects.

Also NASA has 2 satellites (Stereo A and B) that would have seen any objects like that. However...would they tell us?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
I have to say I fell hard for the Planet X scenario 15 or more years back, its interesting that they killed off Pluto as a planet which would then make the Nibiru not Planet X or Planet 10 to confuse people by claiming its now Planet 9.

I saw the news article about Planet 9 last night on channel 9 and laughed so hard I nearly spilt my beer, immediately I thought these jokers cannot be serious after the last 20 years denying its existence and then having the hubris to announce it as Planet 9 ???

Just call it what it is Planet X and stop the charade, I talked about it to my wife this morning and she just did the usual eye roll thing but I guess we've all had enough of being lied to.

Same here.

First heard about it on the radio. Lost a good six months of peace, fearing that some planet would come and collide with ours. Of course nothing happened then. The doom and loom, however, keeps coming back.

I just want to know the truth.

Hopefully this puts things to rest. I'm tired of hearing about Nibiru.

edit on 22-1-2016 by PhantomOrion because: edit

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hearby Name it Planet Goofy

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
...And now, ideas that have been discounted as myth, may have a basis in fact. bad news for the traditional establishment....

Well, the idea of another planet beyond Neptune or Pluto has never really been "discounted" by mainstream science or "the establishment". In fact, mainstream established science has been totally open to the idea of (and some mainstream scientists have been actively searching for) a yet-unknown planet.

That's how Pluto was discovered in 1930. Astronomers thought there was an anomaly in the orbit of Neptune that suggested another planet, and mainstream science began a search for this "Planet X". They were incorrect about the anomaly, but that search for a Planet beyond Neptune it still incidentally led to the discovery of Pluto.

Also, that's how Eris was discovered in 2005. Mike Brown (one of the mainstream scientists behind this newly hypothesized planet) was actively searching for yet-to-be-discovered planets in the late 1990s and early 2000s. When he discovered what would later come to be called the dwarf planet "Eris", he actually thought it was possible that he had discovered a tenth planet.

Again, all of that science was being done by "the traditional establishment". They not only have no problem with the idea that there might be more planets out there beyond Pluto, but that traditional establishment has been actively and openly looking for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOrion

I have to say I fell hard for the Planet X scenario 15 or more years back, its interesting that they killed off Pluto as a planet which would then make the Nibiru not Planet X or Planet 10 to confuse people by claiming its now Planet 9.

I saw the news article about Planet 9 last night on channel 9 and laughed so hard I nearly spilt my beer, immediately I thought these jokers cannot be serious after the last 20 years denying its existence and then having the hubris to announce it as Planet 9 ???

Just call it what it is Planet X and stop the charade, I talked about it to my wife this morning and she just did the usual eye roll thing but I guess we've all had enough of being lied to.

Same here.

First heard about it on the radio. Lost a good six months of peace, fearing that some planet would come and collide with ours. Of course nothing happened then. The doom and loom, however, keeps coming back.

Guys....This has been posted several times already but as with most big threads can be missed. The "X" in Planet X does not refer to Planet 10. The "X" stands for unknown. It's not a numerical value.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

I read about this a couple of days ago. It's interesting, the first thing that entered my mind was how much 9 seems to have been incorporated into movies within the past, particularily 7 yrs or so.

Movies

The Nines

District 9

Nine

Session 9

No panic scenario here though, i don't believe it's a conspiracy.

I do still refer to Pluto the now dwarfed planet as the 9th Planet, and this 'possibly' new Planet as 10 or X.

Now if only we could go past the oort cloud and take mug shots of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: PhantomOrion

Same here.

Guys....This has been posted several times already but as with most big threads can be missed. The "X" in Planet X does not refer to Planet 10. The "X" stands for unknown. It's not a numerical value.

hi there,

We simply don't know that it 'doesn't' refer to Planet 10. X which is 10 in roman numeral, may not be a 'numerical' value as you say, but X is / has been referred to as Christ. Who knows, maybe the big bad scary X God is about to appear.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
I do still refer to Pluto the now dwarfed planet as the 9th Planet, and this 'possibly' new Planet as 10 or X.

If Pluto were still the 9th planet, then "Eris", which was discovered in 2005, and is at least as large as Pluto, would already be the 10th planet. It was the discovery of Eris that prompted the demotion of Pluto (and Eris) down to the category "Dwarf Planet".

"Sedna" is another dwarf planet that some would argue should be a planet if Pluto were still a planet. So Sedna might be planet No. 11.

That would make this new hypothesized world "Planet No. 11", or (if we counted Sedna) "Planet No. 12".

It is thought by many astronomers that there are perhaps thousands of bodies similar to Pluto and Eris in the outer solar system, so it Pluto were a planet, there might be thousands of things we call planets.

edit on 1/22/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join