It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be newly discovered planet in our solar system

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

Sitchin was wrong but not soo wrong. Respect.

Ok it's not nibiru but why not call it Planet X instead of planet nine, a liitle bit childish not to admit and call it planet x but what's in a name.

Strange that Sitchin always sayd it was a wandering planet, not a sub brown dwarf system.

Closest point to the sun of planet nine? 200 AU. Close enoughto send comets to earth.

In 72 years the earth axis will point to Polaris, the brightest star near the circle of precession. Sitchin sayd it still takes 72 years before the perihelium of Niburu will be reached. Although Niburu does not come close enough to be seen, so Sitchin must have made a mistake. He probably just did not know everything ... who does?

Soo many signs the ancient cultures left us to keep an eye on true north. Probably there is a relationship with the orbit of planet nine.

Climate change? Maybe the result of the approaching planet; because it would not surpise if the whole solar system is warming up ....

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
Ok it's not nibiru but why not call it Planet X instead of planet nine, a liitle bit childish not to admit and call it planet x but what's in a name.

True "what's in a name", but the term "Planet X" predates Stitchin. The term is a generic one and actually means "unknown planet".

The term "Planet X" was used by astronomers in the early 20th century as a "placeholder name" for the planet that they thought their calculations showed should lie beyond Neptune. Their calculations were wrong, but Pluto was discovered, nevertheless, as part of that search. At the time Pluto was discovered, it was being called Planet X.

So it is just a generic term -- not a name used for a specific planet.

edit on 1/21/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If confirmed, I move that it be named Ishtar, Astarte, or Aphrodite.

Then we can call it, "Love Planet Number Nine."

*Hopes he's not the only one old enough to remember the song* ...

Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Another planet influx chilling on ice for when we finally ruin ours. Great article to read, thanks!
edit on 21-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

I doubt if the name of a fertility goddess would be appropriate
but no you're not the only one.

Just had this epiphony if you will.

Two ninth planets equals eighteen.

edit on Rpm12116v02201600000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Isn't the Earth flat? Maybe it is just the sun, moon, and pole star? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: AceWombat04

I doubt if the name of a fertility goddess would be appropriate
but no you're not the only one.

We already have "Venus", whose Greek counterpart is Aphrodite (both being the Goddesses of love, sex, and fertility). The planets are named for Roman deities, not Greek ones - but Roman deities are derived from Greek ones.

I was thinking since it is cold out there in the far reaches of the solar system, this potential planet could be named "Acquilo" or "Acquilon", who was the Roman God of the north winter winds. Acquilon's Greek counterpart was Boreas, which would be a great planet name if they used the Greek Gods instead.

Boreas had a daughter who was the Goddess of Snow, and her name was Chione -- which is another great name, but still a Greek deity and not Roman. I can't find the Roman counterpart to the Goddess Chione.

...By the way, I'm old enough to know that song, too.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I suspect what that may be... but its not appropriate to refer to it, in this thread. In a generic way, we have knowledge from the ancient years about 13 planets in our solar system (Pluto also considered as a planet for us) and including the sun 12+1. Two of them got destroyed artificially. Maybe these 2 planets are for restoration process, along with the clean up that may take place soon. Thats why they have them parked outside the trajectory of our planets.

But let me remind you this video

Many claim, why aliens should be bothered with little humans and just one planet. The answer is simplier, its not about earth alone, some trash who entered our solar system thousands of years ago, they did high damage to the entire solar system and its like a domino. If one solar system colapse, it will damge all the rest as well. There is no any planet X, all planets have names, the ones who got destroyed, we called them Hfaistos and Faethon. Faethon was an innactive sun (Dwarf), a huge one. Also those scums who invaded long ago, are most wanted in the entire galaxy, for the prev attrocities they've done in other solar systems.

lets do some bounty hunting

edit on 21-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I was thinking male as well my good member.

Hercolubus

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Isn't the Earth flat? Maybe it is just the sun, moon, and pole star? I don't know.

Not yet!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Deep Space Nine!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Fantastic new evidence.

Perhaps someone can explain to me, though, why is this object so difficult to actually spot? If it's such a large body, why aren't we able to see it at all?

It's not that large. They say it is 2 to 4 times bigger than earth. This means it is still smaller than the 4 gas giants. It's also very far away. Based on the orbit diagram it seems to be at least ten times further than the distance of pluto from the sun at it's closest (I think the article said 20 times further than Neptune). It's hard to see objects that do not have light reflected off of them that reaches earth. There could be space dust and all kinds of other things out there blocking the light from reaching earth, plus things are much dimmer out there being that far away from the sun.

But seriously... "Planet 9"? They can't do any better than that with the name?

edit on 1 21 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Deep Space Nine!

Okay I take it back. They must name it this! They must!

Glad I'm not the only person old enough to remember the song btw.

More on topic (and fitting with the themes of this site,) so... if this is true, not that I ever put much credence in them myself before, but what does this mean for, and how does this line up with, the beliefs some have long held that such a "massive perturber" out there might be responsible for periodic mass extinctions? The article suggests a 10,000 (and other articles say 10 to 20,000) year periodic approach to nearest distance from the sun so... any correlation to anything? Just idle curiosity.

Peace.
edit on 1/21/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If Mr. Pluto Killer had left Pluto as Planet IX, the new planet would have been Planet X. I think he killed Pluto just so conspiracy theorists would be wrong: "There is no Planet X, it's Planet IX, people. And you can't see it, either. Trust me. It's there."

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barker
If Mr. Pluto Killer had left Pluto as Planet IX, the new planet would have been Planet X. I think he killed Pluto just so conspiracy theorists would be wrong: "There is no Planet X, it's Planet IX, people. And you can't see it, either. Trust me. It's there."

Well technically it is Planet X. As X isn't represented as a number, but more a long the lines of "X marks the spot".

Every planet that we haven't found will be classified as Planet X until it is named.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So, just throwing this one out there as I'm A: Crap with maths B: Really busy at work at present (Yes I know I'm on here but.....)

But, 9th Planet? Orbits around the Sun every 15,000 years. When was the last time it was visible to the Human eye or budding ancient astrologers?

Does any of the Visible times, or "Close proximity" times coexist with scenes or depictions in ancient art or folklore? Visitations

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this and to see if there is ANY coincidence in timings? Aboriginal art, Egyptians etc etc.

Also, where is it in it's orbit at present? Is it heading back? Is this why we are hearing about this now.

Cheers. CB

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barker

Mike Brown didn't decide Pluto should no longer be a planet. What Brown did was discover the Kuiper belt object "Eris" in 2005, which is (probably) larger than Pluto.

This discovery by Mike Brown (and other similar discoveries of other Kuiper belt objects, such as Sedna) led to the realization that there might be thousands of Kuiper belt bodies similar to Eris, Pluto, and Sedna -- which means there would be thousands of planets in our solar system if we were also to count Pluto and all of those other Pluto-like bodies in the Kuiper belt as planets.

It was the the International Astronomical Union (AIU) who decided that instead of there being thousands of planets in our solar system, there would be the eight known "Major Planets", plus a new category of "Dwarf Planets" that would include Eris, Pluto, Sedna, Ceres, Quaoar, plus any other of the thousands of similar worlds that are thought to be lurking out there.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

It's never been seen by the naked eye or camera. It is only at the moment being noticed, but to definitively say what and where it is is impossible at the moment.

Something has been detected that indicates that it's there. The math for how large it is is based on how things move near it's predicted orbit. The same math also predicts its size and mass.

So as of yet, it hasn't actually been seen.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
But, 9th Planet? Orbits around the Sun every 15,000 years. When was the last time it was visible to the Human eye or budding ancient astrologers?

Does any of the Visible times, or "Close proximity" times coexist with scenes or depictions in ancient art or folklore? Visitations

The entire orbit for this possible planet is thought to always keep it way way out beyond Pluto (20 times farther than Neptune, more than 10 times farther away than Pluto), which means it was never visible.

The hypothetical orbit of this planet never has it coming in towards the inner solar system.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks all! I'm having a quick scan / look thick moment! Of course!?

Hmm ok.......Booooo

Still excited....but not so much

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join