It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be newly discovered planet in our solar system

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I find it interesting that previously the main reason given that Niburu does not exist is the lack of gravitational evidence.
Now this guy comes along and says that he believes that a giant planet exists outside of the orbit of Pluto.... because of gravitational evidence.
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, I just thought it was interesting.

ETA: post text deleted, soylent green beat me to it.
edit on 20-1-2016 by uncommitted because: as per eta

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Ghost147
Fantastic new evidence.

Perhaps someone can explain to me, though, why is this object so difficult to actually spot? If it's such a large body, why aren't we able to see it at all?

Because, if it exists, it is very very far away.

Yes, I realize that, I wasn't suggesting that we could see it with our naked eye. More-so that I don't see why we can't see it at all. Does it not reflect light as well as our other planets? Can we not see it blocking the view of stars behind it?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Giant icy planet. How big? Nice find
a reply to: Marid Audran

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The orbital/gravitation evidence that should manifest itself as perturbnaces in the the orbits of Venus, Earth, Mars, and maybe even Jupiter is lacking for such a planetary swing through the inner solar system.

just speculating here...

I dont know if it's "possible" according to our knowledge...but couldnt have orbits stabilized to their former selves after the body leaves ? Providing no major destruction takes place of course...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maaaaaan, why do such threads get posted in Science & Technology forum instead of Space Exploration (where they actually belong), and then threads like this one over there get locked. Not fair! I hardly ever visit this forum anyway, so I wouldn't have been aware of this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you could petition for it to be moved and or consolidated with the other one. Mods haz insane powerz. i kind of agree that the other forum is more topical for this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Fantastic new evidence.

Perhaps someone can explain to me, though, why is this object so difficult to actually spot? If it's such a large body, why aren't we able to see it at all?

Yes, I realize that, I wasn't suggesting that we could see it with our naked eye. More-so that I don't see why we can't see it at all. Does it not reflect light as well as our other planets? Can we not see it blocking the view of stars behind it?

One of the other posters would be able to explain this a little bit more I am sure but yes you are on the right path here. This planet as mentioned in the OP is so far away as we speak now that it has very little or no light reflection. Add in the fact that it is a giant ball of ice so we have no heat signature either. That's why, this article is only able to highly suggest that Planet Nine exists because we truly can't see it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Pretty neat video regarding themail Planet X (as designated by researchers, any unknown possible planet is termed as planet X)...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nice!

Would be so cool to know if this Ninth planet really exists.

I get so excited to read things like...

It's a pretty substantial chunk of our solar system that's still out there to be found, which is pretty exciting." - See more at: www.caltech.edu...

From this article here.... www.caltech.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Any bets on the secondary or tertiary mission of New Horizons spotting this "Planet X"

I am calling it just to say so...

And if they do I would have some serious doubts that they didn't already know and that is actually the intended mission.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In my book the ninth planet from the Sun is Pluto, and it will always be....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Fantastic new evidence.

It's so far away that it reflects very very little light from our sun. And because it orbits our own sun we have no way of detecting by means that were used by Kepler.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Almost.....Planet IX....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Thanks.
Those astronomers are saying this for a long time but now it is first page news in many countries. Be sure they are preparing us for a disclosure. Although I don't believe the so called annunaki came from that (hypothetical?) planet.

www.evawaseerst.be...
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Havent been here in years until today, thought you vanished Phage!

Question: What do you mean by "if it exists", was it not confirmed?

They say its made of ice, I wonder if when entering into our solar system; will it begin to melt and what would happen if it got too close to the Sun?

edit on 20/1/2016 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: the_denv
a reply to: Phage

Havent been here in years until today, thought you vanished Phage!

Question: What do you mean by "if it exists", was it not confirmed?

They say its made of ice, I wonder if when entering into our solar system; will it begin to melt and what would happen if it got too close to the Sun?

I'm not Phage, but I will answer your second question.

Its entire orbit (if the planet exists) is believed to be far out beyond Pluto. It may have been out there since the beginning of the solar system 4.5 billion years ago, and there is no reason to think its orbit will change to bring it close to the Sun.

It may always have been frozen, and it may remain frozen for as long as it and the solar system exist.

edit on 1/20/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Fantastic new evidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Planet Nine... 10 11 and
Nice find Astral & RV data detect somethings out there

Perhaps some were to harsh on Stichins efforts to attempt to explain Planet X Dyson sphere affiliates.

Pluto isn't a planet, period, It isn't some controversy. Scientifically, it doesn't fit the definition.

But the definition was cobbled up by a vote of astronomers who wanted to avoid controversy over whether some newly spotted object was a planet or not. Astronomers don't know whether Pluto formed naturally with the larger planets or was an intruder from the Kuiper Belt. So they invented a definition of planets that saved them the trouble of ever finding the truth about Pluto. The truth is, astronomers have absolutely no clue about how planets are formed. According to most planetary theories:
1. all planetary orbits should be roughly circular. But only about one-third of the newly discovered exo-planets have circular orbits.
2. all planets should orbit in the same plane and in the same direction. Instead, about one in three exo-planets have orbits misaligned with the others in the planetary system;
3. Planets larger than Neptune should be rare in star systems because their large mass should make them migrate faster, enabling them to be eaten up by the central star. But there are far too many Neptune-sized planets for theory to explain.

So most astronomers admit that their planetary models don't work. No wonder they need to invent rules for what is and what isn't a natural planet! Perhaps this as yet unobserved object is not even a planet - after all, we cannot even be sure that we know what a planet is.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I call hoax because no thread that mentions Nibiru can
be true. But on the other hand, I've never been a very
good skeptic.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For interwebs sake, pics or it didn't happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join