It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dow at -439 already this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Dow is already at -401 and still bouncing up and down back to -401.

www.marketwatch.com...

Crude Oil 27.29 -4.11%

finance.yahoo.com...

Lowest point now is - 439
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Buy more food

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you are investing for the long term watching the Dow everyday is the worst thing you can do.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

looks like it's climbed a little since earlier -381.52 (2.38%)

Standard & Poor 500 is also down about 2.5% right now: -48.11 (2.56%)

Thanks Obama!
jk

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

www.youtube.com...

Family guy - Waffles, Tasty waffles!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Massive Panic in Progress !!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you are investing for the long term watching the Dow everyday is the worst thing you can do.

LOL, my 401K has limited choices but one is bonds. I threw everything in Bonds in 2007 and moved it back in 2009. I made a killing.

I did the same last year. Moved everything into bonds. I will move it back after the fall.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

True, except for the joy that comes in knowing weekly contributions are buying more shares. Volatility is fun

Deflation is coming (and in some ways, upon us) - personally, I think that's a good thing for most of us, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Rather exciting to see the reset begin. Lots of jaw dropping changes ahead, targeted to those who have pillaged the the innocent and allowed greed to perservere. Yes, there will be financial pain for us all, but the end of big Corp, big Pharma, Crony Capitalism, and unchecked political power will make it bearable.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The correction has to happen sooner or later.

Let it come down, if you ask me.

It's a fools market.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Flood the market. Drive prices artificially down. Buy cheap and sell high when it bounces back up. Wall street 101.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I love days when the market is up and I love days when the market is down. Days like today are the best because people sell irrationally and I get things on sale. Check out FB, KR, NFLX etc. All available at deep discounts today.

Every time the market goes down there are people that think the entire world is going to implode and people like me get to buy up all the goodies thanks to their panic. Have a plan and execute it for the long term.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Time to buy buy buy...I'm sure it'll drop a bit lower, as the level it was at wasn't sustainable when you look at how the average American is doing in the 'recovery,' but I don't think it's going to crash.

Of course, I could just be talking out of me arse, but the stock market is a long-term investment for the average person, so what happens to it over the course of a month or two really means nothing in the long-term, unless you're about to retire and you failed to prepare properly and have all of your retirement tied up in the DOW.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Never mind this.

Let's just all thank Supreme Leader Obama Bin Laden for lower gas prices instead.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The gas prices will shoot up in 2 weeks when they convert to summer fuel then they will not come back down till late fall. This is as cheap as it's going to get no matter the price of a barrel. Just sayn.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
don't buy dips......it's time to sell the rally and hold.....this from the Holy Spirit's point of view, by Which I received my market training.....how else would I have come up the mighty 7:42 pm trade, which is 7 levels deep

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
DOW down ...

Buy ?

or is it good bye

top topics

join