It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Kill 19 in Attack at Northwest Pakistani University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not a lot on this now. Looks like another soft target attack, carried out Isis style. No matter who, ISL or taliban, just more of the same, sadly.

CHARSADDA, Pakistan — Taliban gunmen stormed a university in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, killing at least 19 people and triggering a heavy gunbattle with police and army troops who rushed to the scene in a town near the city of Peshawar, officials said.

The brazen assault harked back to a December 2014 Taliban attack on a school in Peshawar that killed more than 150 people, mostly children, and shocked the nation.

Wednesday's attack began shortly after the Bacha Khan University opened for classes in the town of Charsadda, some 35 kilometers (21 miles) outside Peshawar, said Deputy Commissioner Tahir Zafar.

L I N K
edit on 20-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

edit on 20-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Bit more here but there are some graphic pictures so be warned if you're sensitive
Taliban Attack

So who or what has rattled the Taliban in Pakistan? And just what are they thinking they will gain from this and the previous attacks?

I had believed Pakistan was in cahoots with Taliban & Isis but it appears not

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Nice link, a bit more information. The same school lost ( I think ) 140 last year simaler to this shooting.

Yes. They are a bit grafic

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't follow any type of religion, but am I in the minority that feel the Anti-Christ is behind all the terrorism and indiscriminate killings? The barbaric nature of these killings and the many who seem to blindly follow such a brutal and evil belief is concerning to say the least. In this day and age, how could so many people be attracted to do such evil things?

How many times have witnesses to killings have said the terrorists had blank stares when they carried out these shootings. You have to wonder if they are indeed possessed! I really don't think any human being in their right mind can make sense of such ignorance and heartlessness to simply annihilate a mass of innocent lives.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I completely agree. People can be possessed by all sorts of things - with the nature of the world today, who knows. A lot of the fighters take something similar to methamphetamine, so that could also be that blank stare?

but I completely agree - it's something very evil behind it all. To be doing these horrific things to children and mothers and innocents, these atrocities remind me of Mugabe and the barbaric acts committed by some of the cruelest dictators and regimes.

I think that's the point though - the more barbaric, the more of a reaction it causes. They want people to be fearful and to hate them, and it's working

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Judging by information coming out of various ME places, I think the only thing that possesses them is hatred....oh and drugs apparently

The Anti Christ? I don't believe in but if there was such a thing/person/creature I think we wouldn't probably know until it was wayyyy too late. He'd be a subtle sneaky guy

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

A lot of the fighters take something similar to methamphetamine, so that could also be that blank stare?
a reply to: FamCore

Good point. They may be taking the drug just before committing the terrorist act in order to lesson the pain of getting killed. They probably know before hand the chances are small they'll be able to get away with their lives.

They think they're going to meet their God after committing such an atrocity. I can just picture their faces when they're met on the other side by Satan himself.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Pakistan is not in the Middle East.

But Pakistan has been suffering such attacks since the time they pledged support in the War on Terror. I think there was some statistic that they have the largest number of military (and maybe civilian, I dunno) casualties on the "Against Terrorists" side, not to mention numerous bombings and shootings (less common) since 2001 in areas that were previously relatively peaceful.

Kinda weird that there is still this pervasive belief that Pakistan as a whole supports ISIS/Taliban/Al Qaeda.
edit on 3-2-2016 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join