It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Squad Trailer... Yes please!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm wondering the same thing--the Suicide Squad in Arrow is the same concept with a few (if not all) different villains.

From Wiki:

Various incarnations of the Suicide Squad have existed throughout DC Universe canon, as depicted in several self-titled comic book series, from its origins in the Silver Age, to its modern-day post-Crisis reimagining, to the current version that was introduced in the wake of DC's 2011 New 52 continuity reboot.

The group has appeared in various media adaptations, including television series and an upcoming Suicide Squad 2016 feature film...

In Arrow season 2 episode "Suicide Squad", the team appears under the direction of Amanda Waller and consists of Deadshot, Shrapnel, Bronze Tiger, and Lyla Michaels.

So, yeah. They're not always the same cast of characters...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
Thanks. That clears that up.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ahem, Ryan Reynolds fan are we?
Deadpool is another I can't wait for, R rated too, can't get any better!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This has it's own thing going on, seems so much fun, same with Deadpool. I think some folk just love to complain and say it's the same old same old. Whatever, I've waited all my life for these characters to hit the big screen, my excitement ain't gonna be dampened!

lol you gotta watch your back there! I've noticed in the last few years a lot of girls digging Harley, it's weird to see because nobody knew her when I was growing up. I had her bloody action figure

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yep, as slapmonkey posted, it's the same thing! the characters change though, if they green light a part two, guarantee it will mostly be a different cast, except maybe one or two.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm a little mixed after this trailer....

It could really either go either way...really good, or really bad.

In any case, from it, Harley looks like a great character, and very true to it. (attitude wise, even if the costume is all wrong)

The Joker? I'm on the fence. Maybe a bit TOO insane?

The others? I simply have no knowledge of, so my only impression of them will be from the film. That said, this is where they could either sink or swim.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

She has the attitude spot on! the voices in her head clip, I couldn't stop smiling. They were never gonna go with the old skool costume, but it is taking cues from the modern Version of her, which I aren't gonna complain about!

I love that though, about the Joker, I want him to be insane! when you think he's not gonna go that far, and he goes even further, that is the Joker I like the most and want to see.

Just looks like a ride! We have a long wait though, August, plenty to look forward to in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Deadpool on the other hand...after all I've seen of it, this one just looks like my kind of movie.

My daughter is a huge Harley fan (and has certainly cosplayed her enough), and Deadpool fan, so a good year for her, LOL.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Huh... being old and too dignified to delight in puerile comic book flicks I... nah, can't front. This looks so cool!

And I thought for a second Harley was being played by a somehow younger Parker Posey... (who was one of my only star crushes... like in House of Yes, heh) but nope, it's what's her pretty face from Wolf of Wallstreet... and on your current avatar... cool beans and thanks for the heads up to those of us getting old and thus being slowly removed from pop culture as we ride the slow road to death... heh.

And Leto as the Joker? Hmmm, well better than Nicholson and Ledger's dead, (Nicholson might as well be too, for that matter) so maybe... at least Leto can act.

So... looks fun and thanks and I'll nap now.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Ahh I swear, I will never give a crap about my age, I like what I like and life is too short to give a damn otherwise! this looks like 110% fun, and I grew up loving some of these characters, can't wipe the smile of my face!

Never heard of that woman. I wasn't sure about Margot Robbie when they first announced it, but seeing the look they gave her and the few snippets of scenes that i've witnessed, they cast her perfectly imo, that voices in her head scene ... That IS Harley! 100% sold.

I didn't mind Nicholson, especially when I was younger, Ledger was good, but, not the joker I picture in my head. I have high hopes for Leto, modern, insane as # Joker ... yes please!

Here's to August Baddogma

top topics

<< 1   >>

join