It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Cuba sunken ruins update 2016 – first R.O.V. video released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Remember when there was a buzz about the supposed sunken megaliths found off Western Cuba. Well, someone finally uploaded one of the videos from the Remote Operated Vehicle (R.O.V.) down at a depth between 700 and 900 meters (2297 and 2953 feet).

Here are some pictures that were published when the story first broke out in the news in 2002.

I found this video a week ago but it’s not new. To my surprise this video was uploaded June 9, 2012. Some may argue and say this is a faked video presentation but I think it could be the real deal. The author of the uploaded video calls himself IturraldeVinent2011. I believe this to be a friend or relative of Manuel Iturralde-Vinent, the former deputy director of the Cuban National Natural History Museum in Havana. He was the Cuban geologist who was consulted by Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig, owners of Advanced Digital Communications. These are the people that stumbled onto the strange site in 2001 using side scan sonar to search for ancient shipwrecks.

Manuel Iturralde-Vinent

Here’s the uploaded Youtube video.

For those who can’t watch the video, here are comments made by the author during the program. I’ve made adjustments in the grammar to make it more fluid. The words outside the quotes are my own comments.

0:02 “Submerged structures offshore Western Cuba. Images from minisub Rob, operated by Exploramar. Interpretation and editing by Manuel A. Iturralde Vinent, 2012.”

0:08 “These images recorded at 700 and 900 meters depth between 2000 and 2005, have never been shown before. They reveal that some of the rocks that emerge from the sea floor are not clearly man-made, but can be the result of natural processes.”

0:25 “Nevertheless, there are very interesting and unusual images from the submersible, which may represent man-made structures and will be displayed in another film to come. Unfortunately, those more interesting images have been misinterpreted and mystified.”

0:49 “Offshore Western Cuba – Water Depth 705 meters – Rocks at the sea floor”
“The composition of the rocks cannot be established. They display signs of erosion and solution.”

0:56 Fades to first video from ROV. The submersible date shows 25/04/2002

1:15 “There are no indications of man-made elements in these rocks.”

2:03 “New features at 799 meters depth.” 2nd video follows. These next rocks that are shown to have some very interesting shapes.

2:47 “Isolated rocks on the sea floor.”

2:56 “Slab fallen from the submarine slope.”??? Two flat slabs of stone appear to be sitting on top of one another. They are irregularly shaped. The next image shows another flat slab but it is impaled into the sand at a diagonal.

4:09 “The End. Offshore Western Cuba is a unique place. Its mysteries are not yet fully understood. More to come…” I can’t tell if the ROV camera shows a depth of 842 meters or 642 meters in the final video shot. If it turns out to be 642 meters then we never saw the 900 meter depth footage.

He never uploaded another ROV video again. To date 10,522 people viewed his video and only 6 people made a comment. None of those came from IturraldeVinent2011. I can see why he didn’t post another video. Only 6 people responded and some are recent. I know what he needs. He needs a better publicity machine. I believe ATS can fulfill that need.

I found his e-mail address. Once we get the buzz started again I will contact him and see if he will upload another ROV recording onto Youtube for us.

He also uploaded a slide show about this same subject back in January 10,2012. The whole presentation is in Spanish but his intro on the Youtube page is in English. I suggest everyone read it. He prepares you for what’s in store in those unrevealed ROV recordings. It’s quite exciting. Also, during the slide presentation he shows a number of grid and depth maps with anomaly locations that have never been seen before. If you know Spanish you’re in for a real treat. Maybe someone here who knows Spanish could post comments on their findings on the following embedded video by IturraldeVinent2011.

The last image in that video caught my eye. This image is not shown in the June 9, 2012 released ROV recording. It’s a well preserved flat platform with a leading edge which appears to be cut by human hands. This picture reminded me of the sunken ruins off Yonaguni, Japan.

To me it looks as if a wall of molten rock formed over the preexisting flat stone slab and only a small portion of the slab remained uncovered.

Please post your thoughts on the subject. Thanks.

Lostinspace
edit on 19-1-2016 by lostinspace because: added spacing

edit on 19-1-2016 by lostinspace because: added Manuel Iturralde-Vinent link to wikipedia

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ooooh, I want to go there and check that out. With a fishing pole, did you see the fish in the video. they were around all those big rocks. That big silver one looked great. Great fishing video. Looked like there was an old mast from a ship there or something.
edit on 19-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with this 'mystery' thing, but I honestly don't see anything peculiar about those rocks, nor do I see how it represents any type of structure.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

This is the location of the site in question.

The following is an interview with Paulina Zelitsky that came out of Earthfiles in 2001 when the discovery was just unfolding.

www.timeenoughforlove.org...

And some more interesting links.

www.morien-institute.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The people who investigated the site said they found large scattered stones in multiple areas and in other places they found the stones more organized. We haven’t been shown those videos yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace
1:15 “There are no indications of man-made elements in these rocks.”

I used to go snorkeling off Gitmo when I was there during the late 70's and the water was extremely clear.

With that type of visibility (30 to 40 meters), I have to wonder why the video's author would say what he did about “no indications of man-made elements...”

For example:

How could they see something that obviously cannot be anything BUT man made and say this?

What is your take on this?

Were you ever able to find out the history of this conceptual drawing from your older thread:

originally posted by: lostinspace

This conceptual drawing of the sunken site off western Cuba was posted in 2002. I wonder if the artist was allowed to see the entire side scan sonar mapping done by Advanced Digital Communications. This map has never been revealed to the public in its entirety. I have seen it in photos with the discovers but its hard to make out any good detail.

A quote from a site I found while searching:

Just a heads up, If you go into Google Earth you will find the entire Gulf of Guanahabibes has been smudged clean. Natural formations my a....! If I were one of the wealthiest institutions on the planet, and I made my fortune on lies, I'd labor to keep truth covered up too.

What Happened to the Sunken City of Cuba?

edit on 20-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

With that type of visibility (30 to 40 meters), I have to wonder why the video's author would say what he did about “no indications of man-made elements...”

You were snorkeling at a depth of,....what, maybe 15 ft at most?
These were at 700 - 900 meters. It gets pretty dark at that depth and visibility is short range, even in clear water.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Were you ever able to find out the history of this conceptual drawing from your older thread:

The drawing was either done by or commissioned by Dean Clarke, who's one of those A.R.E. whackos, whoever drew it clearly never saw anything from the site with his own eyes. Along with the Littles and Andrew Collins they have been fabricating evidence for Atlantis for almost two decades

edit on 20-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I was all excited that something new was about to come to light about this "find."

It certainly raised my antenna when it came out so long ago... I know it's "impossible" from an archaeological perspective and that there is a murkiness around it that is not only from the depth of the waters... but darnit, it'd be neat to have some solid answers.

I remain hopeful and good luck with getting something more determinate. This is, so far, one of the more interesting anomalies, imo.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I believe he’s trying to be conservative and not jump to any conclusions. Nature can create some amazing geometric patterns without the aid of humans. Have you ever seen Devils Postpile Monument in California?

Devils Postpile National Monument

A columnar basalt rock formation from Devils Postpile National Monument

Marduk is probably right about particular people using sensationalism to sell their books. That artist’s rendering just speculates how a certain grid location off western Cuba would look if it was really a Mayan pyramid complex. All they had to work with was the following side scan sonar image.

It’s probably the best looking side scan sonar image showing symmetrical rock formations, particularly the upper portion of the scan.

What we need from IturraldeVinent2011 is a side by side comparison of a ROV clip and a sonar scan. It will clarify if the symmetrical rocks are on top of the sea floor or below the sand.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The vid makes it easy to see why National Geographic backed off it's proposed co-investigation of the site.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join