It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe hates my guts, but doesn't want to kill me, cruel, real cruel.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouveriteScrew earth and screw most people here, this is not a place for an elegant and delicate spirit like me.

That kind of thought process only serves to worsen your situation. Isolation can also be an emotion, but with that way of thinking, you're setting up an exclusivity which is self-perpetuating your sense of isolation. I recognize the symptoms as I have had similar thoughts before, but what you have to realize is that we ALL feel that way at some point. It's part of the human condition, and the only sure cure is to embrace that as part of the experience that we all realize.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

No one should have to be ashamed to talk of their life experiences. Maybe the OP has not many people off-net to talk to. I don't have religion nor do i want one but from what i've read of Jesus he was a kindly friendly person. Maybe his followers who say hurtful things to obviously depressed people are the ones who should be ashamed.

Wow you must be a psychological wizard to determine someones
mental state from one whinning post? And OP made the choice to
describe his life experiences in a negative manner. With all sorts of
other ways to describe them available. Including but not limited to
positive, comically positive and biographically positive. I choose not
to attend the pity party and instead point to the perfect example
of why I refuse to pity the OP. And "By comparison" I make no
limitations what so ever to Christ being an example. There are
multitudes of children out there. Who have barely had a glimpse at
life but remain happy with their Father in Heaven. And many will go
to their graves without the slightest complaint on their lips. So if I
seem to say hurtful things to OP with out shame? Maybe the pain is
what he needs to wake up and realise how G-D good he has it? But
I won't sympathise with anyone wasting their breath complaining..
edit on Rpm12016v40201600000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

Where in the manual does it say, "Life is fair" ?

Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.

You got cancer. That's truly awful. Yet you seemed to have overcome it -- that's fantastic.

You're an alien abductee (which I don't believe at all) yet you are still alive - again, excellent.

For all the crap things (and made up things like abduction, God, etc) you have survived.

There are millions in the world that would give their own arm to live in Canada and have a life of security and safety.

Oh, my father worked for CSIS -- they don't give people cancer. They are no where as capable as you make them out to be.

I think there's some serious depression in your post as well as some very amazing delusions.

(post by ImBackBishes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

There are millions in the world that would give their own arm to live in Canada and have a life of security and safety.

How profound that two equal and opposite ends of a
spectrum can come to absolute agreement on some
matters.

edit on Rpm12016v01201600000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
OP you probably know this already but...

Those telling you to seek professional help are actually the ones who may actually NEED it.

For those that may not be aware, that is probably some of the most dangerous advice anyone can give you.

The 'mentally ill' card is a tool used for political purposes to silence and suppress the masses who openly express beliefs that contradict official dogma...

All those who resort to some kind of diagnosis of mental illness as a weapon to belittle and attack ones credibility are usually the ones unable to cope with reality and in reality, need help more than anyone else.

The diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon. ~ Dr. Jeffrey Schaler

Mental illness refers to something that a person does; real disease refers to something that a person has. The diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon ~ Dr. Jeffrey Schaler

What do you think psychiatrists would do if Jesus were alive today? Or Buddha? Or Mohammed? Ba-da-bing! Right into a mental hospital, injected with drugs to stop their crazy beliefs and speech. Psychiatrists today are the true Grand Inquisitors. They would crucify the holy men and women of yesterday in an instant. Transcript for Video

“Biological psychiatry is a total fraud.” ~ Fred Baughman

“There are no objective tests in psychiatry-no X-ray, laboratory, or exam finding that says definitively that someone does or does not have a mental disorder.” ~ Allen Frances, Former DSM-IV Task Force Chairman

Source

“Psychiatry makes unproven claims that depression, bipolar illness, anxiety, alcoholism and a host of other disorders are in fact primarily biologic and probably genetic in origin…This kind of faith in science and progress is staggering, not to mention naïve and perhaps delusional.” ~ Dr. David Kaiser, psychiatrist

Source

Not only is psychology without merit, but psychiatry defrauds the public as well. Medical psychiatrists have been trying for years to validate their biochemical theory of mental illness, but “after decades of research that has yielded not a single definitive biological marker connecting brain dysfunction to mental disorders,” we are letting doctors evaluate and treat us as if such diseases exist.

To put it more loosely, making a diagnosis of mental illness is “a near mindless act where you can speculate whatever you want and never be ‘wrong’ (if any new or unrelated symptoms emerge just add another diagnosis).” In fact, there is not a single scientific study that shows prescription psychotropic drug users suffer from an objective, confirmable abnormality of the brain.

Psychology and Psychiatry: Rotten to the Core

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Fair enough,i understand your point of view better now. I feel a bit different, in that i don't really see it as a pity party but nothing wrong with seeing it differently. Also , having been a sufferer of such severe depression all my life ,one can easily spot another.Depression makes it very difficult to see the lighter side of things, the "comical in the tragical" One is then usually only able to focus on the negative.
Anyway, a good day to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: enlightenedservant

great advice bro - as always, you are a wise soul my friend

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: randyvs

Fair enough,i understand your point of view better now. I feel a bit different, in that i don't really see it as a pity party but nothing wrong with seeing it differently. Also , having been a sufferer of such severe depression all my life ,one can easily spot another.Depression makes it very difficult to see the lighter side of things, the "comical in the tragical" One is then usually only able to focus on the negative.
Anyway, a good day to you.

Let the record show we met in the middle
and found common ground.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So tell me why you wrote this post? What was your motive?

Cut away all the fixation on the narrative you've been feeding
yourself all these years..

What do you want?

Why do you think the Universe has to roll over and do things
the way you want?

Nobody is impressed with kicking and screaming and the holding
of ones breath.. it does not make one noble or special..

it's just melodrama.. and we humans like our melodramas..
they intensify the sense of self and make our lives feel more
real.

For the record, nothing I've said to you is intended as an insult,
or a put-down.

I've had my own years of melodrama.... and it's not the melodrama
that makes the man or the woman.. it's the person who can walk
away from all that.. and who doesn't need it.. who may have
actually learned something.

IMHO.

Kev

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Say something, please.

edit on 21-1-2016 by tweetie because: added word

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Like what ?

People in this thread love me and hate me

Seems like half the world is confused, and the other half is trying

I am going to start a new thread and last thread

Hanging out online isn't healthy anyway so I will go out with a bang

Relax government I don't mean a real bang jeez.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

real.

I wish I'd have said that....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I would suggest you only go off-line if You really Truly feel it is what would make You the happiest. There are sites online that can really lift your spirits,especially if it's sites where people share a common interest,whether it's photography/hobbies/gardening/even just catpics. People are often saying it's not healthy to spend a lot of time online-but it's What you do with your online time that also will determine if you can obtain some upliftment of mood and friends/support-with that i mean which sites you choose to spend most of your time on.

ATS can be a harsh environment sometimes,except a certain most wonderful lady member here,who is universally loved and with very good reason,i think most of us sometimes feel we're disliked (i would'nt go as far as to say hated).

But try to get balance in your life-find a few sites where the mood and members are generally positive,spend time in nature,develop real world hobbies if possible,things that you can create with your own hands,or photography,for instance (with all the photographic apps today you take a normal average,even blurry photo and after a bit of feneigling with the app there you a a very cool artwork (pm me if you want details,well that's if you're in the least interested in this type of thing)

But don't go because you feel a lot of people on here don't understand you,or are blunt and rude. You're gonna find that in every single corner of the world,onn and or offline.

As i said to another member in a previous post,people have different pasts,lives,experiences and life circumstances. With the melting pot ATS is,there's bound to be a plethora of different replies/points of view on just about any topic and every subject you wish to make a thread on,whether it's a general topic or more personal topics,where you kind of lay yourself bare.

Well pm me if you'd like some suggestions for more uplifting sites-but at the same time remember,on those sites you may not find the variety of topics you will find on ATS and all the interesting,and often opposing viewpoints.

But if you Really sort of had it with the Net anyway,well nothing wrong with that either.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

real.

I wish I'd have said that....

Why do you wish that you'd have said that?

Kev

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouverite
a reply to: tweetie

Like what ?

That all is not lost and you will stick around and talk about interesting things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join