It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apostle Paul, A Man Used of God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Akragon

13 books of the New Testament show Paul was Authentic.

And all most have are out of context verses and opinions to say otherwise.

Well some of those books were not written by paul...

So that adds little weight to the arguement... I know christians believe it was all from him but the reality is far from truth

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Im anticipating the next question. I am happy to provide scripture backing up any of my facts.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I like that picture. I'm a mad hatter man myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So show me Paul giving the 4 suggestions to the gentiles. You didn't even know what I was talking about, you were in 16 Im talking about 22 and beyond. Misdirection will not work on me. You weren't even familiar with the story I spoke of or wouldn't have posted unrelated verses. You didn't even know that story existed. That's why you always quote, you can't go off the top of your head like me.

link   

So show me Paul giving the 4 suggestions to the gentiles. You didn't even know what I was talking about, you were in 16 Im talking about 22 and beyond. Misdirection will not work on me. You weren't even familiar with the story I spoke of or wouldn't have posted unrelated verses. You didn't even know that story existed. That's why you always quote, you can't go off the top of your head like me.

link   

link   

originally posted by: Essene616
He also spends a whole lot of time saying that he isn't lying, so someone thought he was back then.

When I read Paul I get the image of a fake car salesman who is trying hard to sell something. I get the same image when I read Muhammad.

I do not need Paul:s additions. Yeshua:s teaching speak for itself and without Paul:s additions it becomes the same core message from all the other chosen who where anointed to speak for the divine thru the ages.
edit on 20-1-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It doesn't take much to type word for word what's in the bible. I have this stuff committed to memory. I don't think, and im not. Insulting you Chester, that you really know the bible that well. Just keep reading and you will learn though. GOD bless.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
I actually like the Koran. But we agree on Paul. Funny thing is I was a car salesman for ten years. I never had to lie, good salesman frown upon that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A welcome thread, but I don't know if it can be rescued from the king of spam.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Gnostics and others have been an issue since Christ. People that attack Paul have no understanding, in my opinion, of the harmony of his letters, they see what they want to.

It's easy to understand how and I suspect many are genuine in their concerns. Some as per anything have a hidden agenda.

I once went through the concerns myself but I believe them to be sound and true and in harmony. It's easy to compare a verse here and there and misinterpret.

Regards

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

Can you give scripture references for these?
Cheers

Paul didn't appeal for his life, he appealed that Caesar see the truth

Jesus himself asked the father to take his cup away so that he didn't have to drink what was coming, but he said if it be his will. Did Jesus lack faith in God the father?

I don't think so

Regards

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I think you you need to re read this. It's clear that Paul here is saying that he could empathise with all people and in no way was he lording it, he was comfortable in all surroundings with all walks of life and showed compassion for all these.

You are misinterpreting here by quite some margin
Regards

David

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Really. Then you miss a great deal
12 tribes? No 12 tribes plus the tribe of Levi

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I am not the same person.

You write in a similar style, using exactly the same arguments, for exactly the same topic from the same IP and using (by your own admission) the same device and you both joined ATS within 12 days of each other.

I remain unconvinced that you are a different person to Gnosisfaith, even if you have an alternate e-mail address (which is trivial to obtain and so it proves nothing).

But that is beside the point. The idea that Paul was a 'false prophet' is either Islamic or Gnostic in origin. Either way, that means you do not hold a Christian belief.

Christian orthodoxy of ALL denominations, without exception, revere Paul's writings.

If you feel tasked to smear the reputation of someone dead for two thousand years and who, therefore, cannot defend their integrity (like you actually have some information that 2,000 years of the Christian world is not privy to), against core Christian belief, then you have to face it that you are simply not Christian.

You are attempting to discredit large parts of the New Testament. That, to most Christians, is one of the identifiers of someone who cheers for the opposite side.

edit on 20/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Paul's letters quite clearly establish that he taught all 4 suggestions. You are taking one single verse and suggesting that that was the only thing that Paul ever did. Your argument is absurd.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Say what you will....when I was a Christian...lots of # Paul had to say gave me the creeps.....
but that was a long time ago.......

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

then you have to face it that you are simply not Christian.

Im not sure how to define "Christian"...

but perhaps those who follow Paul and his writing should face the fact that they are actually Paulian?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

They don't show that at all. What were the four suggestions? Acts 22 tells the story. Read until Paul returns to the gentiles, and see what he tells them. He blatantly lies and says they only said help the poor. You are trying to accuse me of taking things out of context, but I'm telling a story as it is written in the bible. I laugh at Christians who don't know the bible. I'm laughing right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Yes!!! I have been saying that for so long. It's so true. There are Christians and Paulians. You have made my morning sir. I thank you for that.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join