It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry for being such a **** lately

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
I haven't noticed anything amiss but then again I don't read every thread. It takes a big person to admit to a mistake.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I respect that!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I respect that!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm feeling far more relieved after posting the OP.

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
BTW....I AM stalking you so...

So that was the shadow outside my fogged-glass shower door this morning, despite there being no one home, and the doors locked, and the usual breathing under the bed
edit on 19/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Meah I think you are pretty cool.
We are all poopieheads at times.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I was wondering why you called me a jerk a few days ago.

We're good now though

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

To each his own....

If ats was all sweetness, brotherhood, and agreements....I wouldn't even bother to come around.

I respect the honesty of my adversaries on the boards; Except for the whiney crybabies.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Will it help you feel better if we name a star after you?

Maybe we should. That is actually a pretty good name for a star.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh man I'm guilty as charged, too. I just need to get out some of my frustration, sometimes. And frankly, as long as you're not telling anyone to blow their brains out, I really don't see the issue. It's nice of you to apologize. I'm intensely stubborn and I don't give up regardless of what happens if I know that I'm right. I care what people think of me, but doing my thing and being real is more important to me. Sometimes, I can be pretty raw. And I should probably tone that down because I have noticed myself being very argumentative lately...Well, I've always been argumentative. Like growing up in school, I'd start massive arguments in class and have everyone at my throat--and it was great fun. I caused so much time to be wasted that assignments and tests sometimes had to be pushed back for another day.

I didn't even realize the effect of the time wasting until a group of my classmates came up to me in the bathroom during break and thanked me and begged me to continue.

So I don't know why I do it. I guess it's just a flaw.

I never intentionally say anything to hurt people. So if they decide to construe my words to mean something else, that's not necessarily my fault that they picked up on my irritation toward them. I try to be polite. And I don't do ad hominem. So if I offend, then so be it. Granted, if I'm truly wrong about something, then I apologize.

But, as a rule: I don't kow-tow to people on the internet.

GO HARD IN THE PAINT & REGRET NOTHING! lol

sweet apology, though! I have no clue what you're talking about, and what I've seen from you has always been nice. I just wanted to be the devil's advocate

edit on 19-1-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Impressive stepping up and owning it. Can't speak for your responses of late, but it takes a good bit of humility to own your shortcomings. Positive step. Good luck in your future discussions and personal growth.

Many blessings.

Tony

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Meah I think you are pretty cool.
We are all poopieheads at times.

LOL @ poopieheads !!

Can I steal that from you ?

From now on when someone pisses me off on ATS, I'm going to tell them to stop being such a poopiehead.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What you are doing would probably be the reason of this stress? Don't beat yourself up, I am sure you deal with
'a lot' of sheeps in your sharing of knowledge and debating....so don't be too hard on ya, we need more like you.
Seems like a huge amount just get offended so quick, just want to fight for no apparent reason. Times of waking have started, those not willing to wake up, well....sheeps....keep on sleeping, the wolves in the other hand....feast!

thank you! =)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eldemie
What you are doing would probably be the reason of this stress?

In this case it's entirely due to external factors, not forum factors. (Got laid off, Economy sucks, can't find a job to pay my mortgage, need to sell house because savings have dried up, Housing market is plummeting so we have to reduce asking price, so on and so forth)

originally posted by: eldemie
Don't beat yourself up, I am sure you deal with 'a lot' of sheeps in your sharing of knowledge and debating....so don't be too hard on ya, we need more like you.
Seems like a huge amount just get offended so quick, just want to fight for no apparent reason. Times of waking have started, those not willing to wake up, well....sheeps....keep on sleeping, the wolves in the other hand....feast!

Thanks for your words I've managed to level off the stress since the posting of this thread. Just need to keep if off now

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It sounds, judging from the responses of many here, that you are being too hard on yourself. Everyone's got their problems and challenges to overcome in this life. While we can put up a persona of sorts on this website, if we are to be honest about our experiences it's impossible to fully suppress the turmoil in our lives and it sometimes spills over into our posts.

I'm not sure if we have crossed paths or not lately, but you come across as a brave and humble person who isn't afraid to acknowledge when they have transgressed. Good on you!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hey friend! Me too.
Stressed outta my mind lately.

My way of dealing is not dealing. Build a wall, hide behind it...wait for the worms to come. (lol, sorry...Pink Floyd reference, a bit morbid!)
I lurk, read...barely reply. Or reply then edit/delete because I'm so stressed I'm afraid to commit to the thread.

I'm sorry about your situation!
Are you selling privately? I used to be a real estate agent. If I can help answer any questions at all, just send me a message, and I will try.

I hope it gets better!
jacy

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm sorry about your situation!
Are you selling privately? I used to be a real estate agent. If I can help answer any questions at all, just send me a message, and I will try.

I hope it gets better!
jacy

Thanks. No we're going through a Realtor, too little time and too short notice to do it ourselves and pile on even more stress. If we had time we would definitely sell it ourselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It takes a big person to examine their
Own behavior and then apologize not
Because they were required to do so,
But because it is the correct thing
To do!

G/J

However I would like to mention; it's
Not your job to correct anyone, nor
Can you live the life of even one
Person besides yourself.

Nearly everyone is "wrong", about a
Great many things, including you
And me.

For example I'm not the enlightenment
Police and you are not the atheism/
Logical fallacy police.

That said I do agree with you much
Of the time and liberally star and
Flag you....

Demonstrating clear and rational thought
For others to see is precious.

BUT. If you make this your primary sense
Of self, then your success or lack thereof
at modifying others behavior will cause you real
Problems personally.

You are one of my favorite posters, and I
Hope you receive my response in the
Kindly manner I mean it.

Kev

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you've come to like my comments.

I certainly don't feel entitled to correct others, nor do I feel I have all the answers, but, there are many people who make very common misinformed responses, and I do feel that commenting on those remarks is more helpful for them and others reading than not commenting at all.

I don't feel dutiful about it, but rather, I would personally like it if someone let me know the accurate information if I ever made an erroneous claim. Sometimes change is hard for people, especially if the change is acceptance of something they previously held close to them or their ideology or their mentality that turned out to be incorrect. Nevertheless, it helps to progress and deny ignorance through change in this manner.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you've come to like my comments.

I certainly don't feel entitled to correct others, nor do I feel I have all the answers, but, there are many people who make very common misinformed responses, and I do feel that commenting on those remarks is more helpful for them and others reading than not commenting at all.

I don't feel dutiful about it, but rather, I would personally like it if someone let me know the accurate information if I ever made an erroneous claim. Sometimes change is hard for people, especially if the change is acceptance of something they previously held close to them or their ideology or their mentality that turned out to be incorrect. Nevertheless, it helps to progress and deny ignorance through change in this manner.

It's only for you to decide how much of our behavior is truly altruistic and how much
is hooked into a mental and emotional image of yourself that you wish to project
into the world to give it meaning. (The same goes here!).

I just wanted to present this perspective to you, as a possible service to you, in
case it had any value. Getting someone else to thoughtfully examine you from
'outside', I consider to be a most wonderful service, and I hope you do too.

I hope the stress in your life decreases and all is well for you, or becomes well.

Keep up the good work.

Kev

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Thank you for your support

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join