It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry for being such a **** lately

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Over the past through days I've personally noticed a change in the tone of my responses to others' comments, and it has come to really bother me.

I'm having a bit of a rough spell in my life lately, and although it's certainly no excuse to lash out at others, it is certainly the cause of a lot of stress. I won't bother you with the details, but it has been quite difficult to keep a level head on my shoulders, and for that I apologize.

Debating is an activity I do to relieve stress. To me, teaching others, discussing topics, and learning from others is a great way to sooth mental turmoil. It helps me clear my head on some negative external factors and really put my mind to good use, focused on denying ignorance and spreading knowledge.

However, in the past couple of weeks, as a seemingly endless pile of stress continues to swell and accumulate, that stress release has morphed into something I have become ashamed of.

It's always nice to see a member who has had a preconceived notion on something like "Atheism", for example, come out and thank me for a humble response, regardless if it is an opposing position. Lately, it has been more criticism of my responses, pointing out how unnecessarily combative my words are from many members, even ones I often agree with and have great respect for.

With great remorse, I thoroughly apologize to anyone I have offended recently, or who has felt any unneeded aggression from my comments.

Yours truly,

Ghost147
edit on 19/1/16 by Ghost147 because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That's a honest appraisal, I can't say I had noticed, but then, it's not like I'm stalking you either, so.....

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Try to relax. I know it is so easy to say.But the stress can kill you.NOt worth it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'd like to apologise as well.

To you, and others.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hey, you are one of the people who can "agree to disagree" with grace.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

I enjoy educated and civil debate and I understand how one can easily become 'combative', especially when the topic is close to the heart.

Chill.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It takes great humility to have the self awareness necessary to make that kind of assessment. I commend you for it. It makes you a better person in the end.

And I am sorry your life is so very stressful lately. Those situations are never pleasant and they tend to make you start to feel like you're stuck in a cage that's maybe too small and you can't get out.

It's at times like those that I find physical activity always helps me, and if I can't do that, then a video game with a lot of shooting something ...

Hope you get past the flack soon.
edit on 19-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

and learning from others is a great way to sooth mental turmoil. It helps me clear my head on some negative external factors and really put my mind to good use

I agree!
I have never been in any sort of "debate" with you as I prefer to read, learn, and only comment if I feel strongly.
I, personally, am not sure what I believe most of the time so...I reserve comments...AND some people are just mean or hateful and I don't want to deal with that... even if you are just genuinely asking a question because one is curious or doesn't know...LOL...oh well...
I've always found you to be cordial, polite, and reasonable so (my opinion counts for $0) maybe you are being too hard on yourself!

It is nice, what you wrote, though...

BTW....I AM stalking you so...

LOL!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I did not notice you being combative. However, many seem to have been under stress. I think in the last 2 weeks I have had maybe 15 posts removed for being OT. A good amount I agree with that decision. Not all, but a good amount.

The winter, the political climate and personal problems can all add up to that.

I like all of your posts, btw.

Feel better. Take some relaxation time.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, I would have to say that if you have been out of sorts, you have been particularly quiet about it in threads in which I have participated.

Either way, the heads up is useful to us all, and we will try and let you know when you are coming over all unnecessary. Deal?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think I recall anything that you've done to upset me.

For the most part, I expect I'm going to say things that people are likely going to disagree with, sometimes vehemently, so I simply tend to exit threads if I think I'm about to say something I might regret or that I think I might provoke someone else into it.

It doesn't always work that way, but usually it does. And I simply feel that's a no harm/no foul situation.

Doesn't happen often, either.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There are a few people who have been absolute jerks and NONE of them are in this thread posting currently. As of 6:34 pm est.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Love.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
theres alot of apology threads on ats.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hey, this is a place where we can express our thoughts and feelings...and even let off some steam.
I can't say as I have experienced any vitriol from you...but I admire and respect you for asking for forgiveness.

Even though we argue here...believe it or not...I like my debating adversaries as well as my friends on ATS; many I even respect.

We can all agree to disagree...but we can also all remember that we have this special place to share with some special people.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Relax Ghost, and don't take life to seriously, non of us are getting of this rock alive unless the aliens show up.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hi ya Ghost! Hey...listen. Its OK....the simple fact that you cared enough to address it....says a lot about you. Thanks.

Its OK...you're one of the good ones!

Peace, MS

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You've definitely been feisty for sure and pretty blunt.
Not always a bad thing but I guess if you think it's worthy of an apology then that's cool.
Takes a brave and decent person to own their mistakes and shortcomings so good for you man.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Will it help you feel better if we name a star after you?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Seems like a clear and genuine expression of your thoughts. S+F

Thank you

Now, let your head shrink and produce the content you wish to see.

edit on 19-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I must have missed those threads because I haven't noticed you being combative or whatever. I am sorry you are stressed out right now. I know all too well about stress and it's not easy. It was nice of you to come forth though and share your thoughts and feelings. Hugs!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join