It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Endorses Trump, Ensuring he can't beat Hillary/Bernie.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: LSU0408

She's not hated. She's actually well-liked because she embodies the stereotype of the "typical Republican" that makes talking politics fun.

She was destroyed by the media because she has a tendency to say stupid things and has proven time and time again that she has no idea what a VP does or how the federal government works.

It's a real life troll for the Republican party.

You mean EXACTLY like Joe Biden as far as government goes? Yeah.

No. Joe Biden has his gaffes, but Palin actually does not understand the role of VP.

But if you find the comparison to Joe Biden adequate, why would you still support/vote for her? That doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: queenofswords
and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

A brainless bimbo?

ad hominem attacks?
that's your contribution to this discussion?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
ad hominem attacks?
that's your contribution to this discussion?

And that's YOURS?

This is your only post in the thread and you didn't say anything about Palin, Trump or the endorsement, yet you criticize another member for THEIR contribution to the discussion???

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You wrote a fairly long post for someone that isn't worth your time to hate.

And you think the length of my post has something to do with whether or not I hate someone? What an odd correlation!

Nah, she was destroyed by the liberal media.

That's victim speak. But if you support that kind if thing, it's fine with me. I believe in personal responsibility. But I understand some would rather be victims...

I haven't seen other people hating on her, in fact, we support her.

OK. Good for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's cool to hate Palin. It's trendy and edgy.

What will be funny is when the results come back and we see a positive poll result for Trump based on Palins endorsement.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nah, she was destroyed by the liberal media.

She destroyed herself, no help necessary from any media, liberal or otherwise. Case in point:

COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this—to stay informed and to understand the world?

PALIN: I've read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media, coming f—

COURIC: But like which ones specifically? I'm curious that you—

PALIN: Um, all of 'em, any of 'em that, um, have, have been in front of me over all these years. Um, I have a va—

COURIC: Can you name a few?

PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

Source

I absolutely do not want her in any sort of position of "authority" whatsoever. That does not mean I hate her. But I do not consider her a good leader at ALL.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes, you all do hate her or you would not say ignorant things.

She has more executive experience than the sitting POTUS. She brought down the state budget in her, as many say, short time there almost 10%. Cut government spending earmarks to Alaska by 80% and put 5 BILLION dollars in the state reserve budget. When the Federal government asked to make 25% of usable energy green she did 50%. She pushed the legislation to connect a pipeline from Alaska to the lower 48 that brings jobs and more for the economy of that state.

This is not the definition of a STOOPID person.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is like Batman & Robin on a twilight zone kind of couple!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't hate Sarah Palin, despite not agreeing (at all) with her positions. Nor do I believe she's "stupid." You don't accomplish what she has without a certain level of intelligence and management skill. Indeed, since I haven't really done anything with my own life of note or merit, who am I to condemn her as unintelligent or unsuccessful? She's certainly "successful" and has a functional enough mind to get where she has, so what can I say? Who am I?

That said, as it's likely there will once again be no candidate I can feel comfortable with my conscience voting for (even if Sanders gets nominated, which I doubt will happen, I expect something to happen to make me withhold my support in the general election as happened with Obama once his campaign began in earnest, despite prior to that seeming like someone I could support - I hope I'm wrong, mind you) I tend to view politics in America with a certain level of bemused detachment.

As such, without saying it's because she's "stupid" or lobbing any other ad hominems in her direction, I can still be honest and say I find her speaking style absolutely hilarious. That's not even a choice on my part or me being mean or denigrating... it's just an honest statement of an automatic, uncontrolled reaction I have anytime I hear her speak.

"He better than anyone isn't he known for being able to command? ... Fiiiiire."

"He is the master of the art of the dill! (Deal.)" (Yes I know it's just her accent. No, I'm not disparaging her for it. I know people from Alaska, Canada, and Michigan, all of whom have a similar accent, and I actually like it... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this amusing!)

"He who would negotiate deals, kind of with the skills of a community organizer, maybe, organizing a neighborhood tea!"

And for something a bit more classic...

"About 150 degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now."

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. If it makes me a horrible human being to laugh, I apologize. But I'm just being honest. What I got most out of this speech was entertainment value through sheer hilarity.

No offense intended.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Speaking of saying ignorant things, how can you say that someone who couldn't finish one term as governor has more executive experience than a man that has served almost 8 years as the president of the United States?

I'm sorry if this thread is not the safe space you and the like-minded envisioned, but reality does have a way of ruining things.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Speaking of saying ignorant things, how can you say that someone who couldn't finish one term as governor has more executive experience than a man that has served almost 8 years as the president of the United States?

I'm sorry if this thread is not the safe space you and the like-minded envisioned, but reality does have a way of ruining things.

Obama didn't finish one term as state senator.

hahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's cool to hate Palin. It's trendy and edgy.

What will be funny is when the results come back and we see a positive poll result for Trump based on Palins endorsement.

I don't hate Palin even though I am the epitome of trendy and edgy. She ads a priceless element to an otherwise banal and mediocre election process.

Trump can get all the endorsements he wants this early in the campaign; I'm waiting for his Michelle Bachmann endorsement for the complete right wing hat trick....I don't know what Trumps game is, but I'm convinced all the conservatives that currently worship the ground he walks on will be left with a stupid look on their face when he abandons them.

I have some big green money that this infact will take place....who wants some of this action? Put your money where your mouth is....

edit on 20-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ah Sarah Palin… the comedic gold that you bring to our politics. Sadly it's not what we need right now (or ever for that matter). She once again proves that people will support and defend her even when deep in their hearts they actually know just how uninformed, sloppy and disastrous of a caricature she is.

I know her supporters have got to actually be cringing inside when she speaks. It's ok, you can admit it here (although the Trump supporters don't admit it, so I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for admission). I know you know. I know you know that it's not an issue of "gottcha questions", it's an issue of standard issue questions that exposed ignorance. I know you know that she quit her job. I know you know she was surrounded by a sketchy performance at that job. I know you know she has serious "glass house" problems.

The thing that's roughest about her is that she has no qualms about speaking at length on things she has no understanding of. She will freely answer any question with an incoherent ramble rather than just say "I truly don't know". Which is truly scary when a person like that is given a position of power (luckily she quit the only position of power she had). There's something about that blind blathering that has got to be problematic for her supporters… I mean, if you don't know what I mean then the blinders are thick.

I know that a good portion of this post is speculation on what's really going on inside her supporters, but in truth I'm just speculating that her supporters are more aware and smarter about her than they lead on, but just can't cave on her or admit the obvious due to partisanship.

Palin... colossally ignorant, and proudly so. The reality shows and Fox News circuit has dried up… where is that spotlight again? Another book deal maybe? TV commercials? Hollywood Squares? Anyone… Trump!
edit on 20-1-2016 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That's simply not true. He was state senator from January 8, 1997 – November 4, 2004. Then he became US Senator until his presidential run... NONE of which is "executive experience".
edit on 1/20/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That's simply not true. He was state senator from January 8, 1997 – November 4, 2004. Then he became US Senator until his presidential run... NONE of which is "executive experience".

Apologies. You're right about all of the above.

His time working and the fact that he has absolutely NO executive experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Half Term Governor!!!

She clung to the position of Governor while running for VP, was absent from the most the meetings of the state legislature, then she quit a few moths later.

Here in Alaska she is known as the, Quitter Governor.

edit on 20-1-2016 by AlaskanDad because: sp

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

He has almost 8 years of it. More than Palin. It is true that he had no executive experience before elected, but that's irrelevant now.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

He has almost 8 years of it. More than Palin. It is true that he had no executive experience before elected, but that's irrelevant now.

Yeah, we're just seeing the results.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
She disappeared from his campaign after her speech and didn't attend a post-speech event as scheduled. One group is saying it is because she headed off to deal with her son's arrest Monday for beating his girlfriend and threatening to kill himself, there is another claiming Trump's campaign has quietly asked her to move on after her poor performance.

Neither reason are real confidence builders.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yeah, we're just seeing the results.

Forgive me if I am not concerned with the opinion on those results from someone that didn't even know he served 3 terms as a state senator.
edit on 20-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join