It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders 19.6 in taxes, 20 trillion in savings on healthcare alone...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Politicians and the media depend upon an easily manipulated public who are afraid to do math or investigate claims they make.

Claims that Bernie Sanders tax plan raises taxes 19.6 Trillion of the course of 10 years.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The problem is, this same article and opponents of this tax plan fail to mention that Sander's plan is so hefty because it includes Medicare for all. This means that you essentially go to any doctor in America and see a doctor for a $5 copay, without deductibles.

What these opponents gloss over is that Americans spend nearly 4 trillion dollars on healthcare every year. (3.5- 3.8 TRILLION as of 2014)

www.forbes.com...

Even if these costs were fixed a 4 trillion a year (which they are not) that is an expense of 40 TRILLION over ten years.

So while opponents look at one aspect of the tax plan intently, they FAIL to look at the other side of the equation, which is the nearly
20 Trillion in savings that will be accomplished which apply to every American.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Sanders plan in not Medicare for all. He talks about a plan that covers everything. Medicare does not cover everything. He talks about a plan with no deductibles and copays. Medicare has deductibles and copays. He talks as though you will not have to worry about claims denials. Medicare has claims denials, worse than private insurance.

There is no real way you can do what he promises AND save money in the way he promises ON that kind of tax plan.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sanders plan in not Medicare for all. He talks about a plan that covers everything. Medicare does not cover everything. He talks about a plan with no deductibles and copays. Medicare has deductibles and copays. He talks as though you will not have to worry about claims denials. Medicare has claims denials, worse than private insurance.

There is no real way you can do what he promises AND save money in the way he promises ON that kind of tax plan.

Medicare has a $5 copay, not deductibles.

Medicare does not have more denial than private insurance, private insurance increases income and expenditure with denials, Medicare is a payer system and the company Medicare contracts does not profit from denials.

I work processes insurance, that is my profession.

Not to mention that when you call Medicare, you are speaking to an American IN AMERICA.
edit on 19-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just find it utterly amusing (and slightly insane) that people still believe the totals and claims proposed by government and candidates concerning their "plans."

History always shows that savings are dramatically less than proposed, and costs are dramatically higher.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So how do Europeans do it?

link   
Already posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I just find it utterly amusing (and slightly insane) that people still believe the totals and claims proposed by government and candidates concerning their "plans."

History always shows that savings are dramatically less than proposed, and costs are dramatically higher.

Like how they spend the first few years passing laws for those who helped get them elected, then when their term is coming to its end they pretend to care about the things their constituents have complained about from the get go?

They are all corrupted, but the battered spouse syndrome seems to be prevalent when it comes to politics.

"I hate being single, so regardless how bad they treated me, it's only right I give him/her a 10th chance to prove they care about me."?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Read it and weep.

Since 2008, the American Medical Association has been publishing a report card on insurers nationally, which compares denial rates, administrative costs and other factors.

In its most recent report from 2013, the association found Medicare most frequently denied claims, at 4.92 percent of the time; followed by Aetna, with a denial rate of 1.5 percent; United Healthcare, 1.18 percent; and Cigna, 0.54 percent.

Although there is significant variability from year to year, the most recent year available shows Medicare with the highest percentage of claims denied.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

Different tax structure than what Bernie is proposing, including VAT + significant income taxes, likely a wealth tax too. And they also have rationing which means claims denials.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those figures leave out how private insurers are known to stall their clients to death,

rather than deny!!!

Hmm statistics are so fun!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

And you can show that? Please do otherwise, you are making an assumption and Medicare being an insurer like all the others does the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thing is with Bernie it would be us that got him elected. He has no Citizen United sponsors he owes fealty to.

What your saying is why we NEED to get Sanders in and stop supporting and voting for politicians that accept corporate bribe money.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

People don't understand health care really. I hate to admit it. But it is time for single payer. And I am pretty much convinced that Obamacare was designed to collapse what we currently have. We need to have palliative and end of life care. ....rather than the milking-patients-to-drain-life-savings care we have now. People die. It is cruel to them and their families, to bleed them dry by keeping them alive with little quality of life just to farm us through medical bills.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

top topics

join