It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for missing 2-year old Noah Chamberlin enters day 6

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyWatcher13

I thought the sheriff said the only animals would be coyotes....hope they find him

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just some observations as I have been following this story:
If the searcher's are having a hard time navigating through the woods/terrain due to it's harshness, then how did this little boy do it??? How can a small child run through briar's, sinkholes, hard terrain and get so far away in that short amount of time (1 minute) if the adults can't even do it in hours? That part puzzles me!
Plus factor in the facts from news conference:
-the sinkholes have been checked with camera's, felt around in, etc.
-the dogs are not picking up on anything, even the dogs that can smell out ponds.
-Cadaver dogs are not picking up a body.
-Within 2 hours after the boy was reported missing they had a helicopter up and found nothing, and nothing showed up on inferred.
-the parents and family have been cleared
*A side note - if it was wildlife then they would have found blood, shredded clothes, shoes and i am assuming the grandmother would have heard the struggle being out in the quiet of nature, same with an abductor, the leaves would have crunched, sticks would snap as the person ran with the child. BUT NOTHING! It's as if this baby disappeared into thin air, short of a alien abduction.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
I agree with you to a point, the satellite shows trails plane as day, I'm puzzled as well, a child will seek pleasure and avoid pain meaning he would take the path of least resistance. The leaves n briars should be deadened by the winter making visibility better in areas. I understand the child is young but has been in those woods before, its behind grandmas house, the child should have responded to the family cry out, the child should have cried back. I have a feeling they will unfortunately find a body. I have thoughts about but I dont want to say cause this whole situation is heart breaking.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I feel they should look for any caves or underground structures he may have wandered into in the area,it may sound strange but i think his surname "chamber-lin" may be a clue to this.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I agree with you to a point, the satellite shows trails plane as day, I'm puzzled as well, a child will seek pleasure and avoid pain meaning he would take the path of least resistance. The leaves n briars should be deadened by the winter making visibility better in areas. I understand the child is young but has been in those woods before, its behind grandmas house, the child should have responded to the family cry out, the child should have cried back. I have a feeling they will unfortunately find a body. I have thoughts about but I dont want to say cause this whole situation is heart breaking.

Yes there are trails but still, how far can a 2 year old child get on a trail in 1 minutes time with no trace found what-so-ever? That's the part I find most puzzling.
I live in TN on a few acres and have lot's of briar patches. They are dead but still plenty thick, you can't see anything through them and there is no way you can just walk through them without getting tangled up.
I heard today on the news that there was a lead, hopefully we can find something out soon!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That's my point, the child would avoid pain, the child would normally take the path of least resistance. I have seen children scream bloody murder over a rose thorn in the finger much less just silently and uncaring run through briars and foliage in the cold. I'm saying in the immediate area he would have more then likely found a clear area like a trail or opening in the woods in an area he is familiar with.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Aye. You're exactly right!
Just wanted to point out what the terrain is like in TN. for anyone who may not know.
The book "Missing 411" comes to mind in this case.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I've read both walking in the woods with grandma and sister and I have heard playing with sister in grandmas back yard. Obviously grandmas back yard is the woods, I hope this isn't a case of hide and go seek gone wrong and the find him in a well or septic tank which has happened before in the past elsewhere. I think more likely that as horrible as it sounds then just vanishing under grannies nose. I really want to be wrong

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

A reporter brought that up in one of the news conferences. He was 160 yards behind the home with his grandmother and sister. She has 60 acres and it backs up to 600 acres of timberland.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The fact that the scent dogs and special K9 units couldn't picked up the child's scent, at all... is highly suspicious. I think it's possible that the disappearance is a cover story for something else.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes that is true. I also said coyotes would be the only wild animal to pose an immediate threat.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A lead of some kind has been found. They are saying this lead is evidence he is in the woods.

wreg.com...

I hope it is a promising lead and they find this baby soon. We are under a Winter Storm Warning starting tonight going through tomorrow.

A prayer vigil was held last night at my daughter's high school. This has turned our little community upside down.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A two year old is most likely to just stand where they are and cry if they find themselves separated, therefore he ought to have been found quickly.
Dogs cant find any trace? Thats very suspicious!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
All I can say is...I have a 2 year old son...and this little sh*t is FAST. I live on 25 acres in a house that's about 150 yards from my parents' house. He can go out the dog door and walk his happy self down the road and let himself into THEIR house before I realize he's left MY house. Obviously I have to keep the dog door shut, but he still takes any opportunity he can get to go on walkabout.

It may be 'fishy' to a person outside the situation, and especially to people who aren't familiar with small children. And I have no idea what happened here, maybe foul play, maybe aliens...IDK. But I will vouch for the amazing ability of a 2 yo to 'vanish' without any outside help.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

When you are out in the woods how often do you let your 2 year old out of your site? When out in the woods do you let him walkabout there? I am not a parent but this information may be vital for my better understanding of how this type of thing works. I am not asking these things to be rude, cold, or I am right you are wrong either. I don't understand that a 2 year old would be granted any kind of freedom.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

the child should have responded to the family cry out, the child should have cried back.

Not necessarily. And that's what makes it so terrifying. I already posted about how my 2 yo son has a penchant for this kind of thing. And he doesn't cry or make any kind of answer to me calling out. I just have to frantically, and very quickly, try to find him. I take all precautions to avoid it, but they are sneaky and fast and have an uncanny ability to realize their opportunity to go.

The other day I was unloading groceries, like 2 trips from the car to the house. I thought he was in one spot doing one thing. Turns out he was on the far West side of the house heading toward 1. a pond with a bunch of old lumber in one direction or 2. a big bluff/drop off in the other.

2 year old boys are the reason people invented leashes for kids.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yes that is what a lot of people are saying but most of us are trying to hold onto faith that he is in the woods and hoping nothing more sinister has happened. But at the same time there is too much that is not adding up or making sense. Our sheriff is asking everyone to stop listening to what is being said on social media, but there are more questions than answers so it is hard not to be suspicious and curious.

Even if a coyote had gotten him, his scent would be there, probably even more so.

Also it has been pointed out that the woods are not dense this time of year. Photos of volunteers that have been posted on Facebook even show how sparse the area is. Everything is bare meaning you can see through the forest in every direction. How was the grandmother not able to see him if she only looked away for a minute? She would have heard and seen him it seems to me.

Suspicious indeed.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I understand your questions, especially as a non-parent. And I'm here to say that it doesn't take a negligent person to lose a young child like this. I try to keep super close tabs on mine, especially since he's pulled this crap several times. It literally takes just a few seconds of looking at something else for them to disappear. Or you think they're right behind you, and you turn and suddenly they're not. They are small and easy to miss and super fast, and if you make the mistake of looking in the wrong direction to begin with then they are just going further and further away in the OTHER direction.

When I was a little older than two I fell asleep under a pile of blankets in my grandmother's house. Suddenly my family realized I was missing. They searched the house and then called the police and all the neighbors out to search for me. Luckily I was safe in the house the whole time, but all it takes is for a small child to end up in one little place and no one would see them.

It is odd that dogs can't track this baby, but dogs aren't 100% accurate.
edit on 21-1-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Thank you for your positive feedback and antidotes of just how quickly a child can get away. Having 3 kids of my own, I agree. I hope he is found in those woods. He disappeared last Thursday at 1:20. I just fear for his well being at this point.

At least three different sets of search dogs have been used, even the special K9 unit that can pick up scent through water, still nothing. That is just too odd.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SkyWatcher13

Like I said, I can't speak for this particular situation. Maybe it is foul play. Maybe grandma was drunk as a skunk. Maybe aliens beamed him up.

But people who don't have small children....or people who have had small children, but ones without this particular Houdini 'talent'... need to understand that it IS possible for a non-negligent adult to lose a child this age- and hate to sound sexist, but especially a boy! Lol! My oldest is a girl and a boy is a whole OTHER animal. I was not prepared for the running off, daredevil stunts, head-butting and obsession with cars and trucks.

Praying for this baby, I guess that's all any of us can do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join