It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Hillary's campaign loves to play the "nothing was ever classified until after the fact" game, while conveniently ignoring the fact that classified information may or may not be marked... just because something is not marked as being classified doesn't make it any less classified.

The smoking gun nobody is catching on to.

I had to mark my classified documents I drafted. If I didn't know the proper classification of the material, there was a manual to follow to ensure it was marked correctly. By the way, I was just a lowly Communications supervisor.
edit on 20-1-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I heard a General describe this intelligence, as to the danger of it falling into the wrong hands, like this:

CLASSIFIED = a Bullet
SECRET = a Hand Grenade
TOP SECRET = a Bomb
SAP = a Nuclear Weapon

Oh, my! This is not good!

Now I'm wondering, after Chinagate, Pardongate, the Clinton-Russian Uranium deal, Foundation money from foreign governments, etc. etc. etc., and now putting TOP SECRET and SAP information on a private server in the bathroom of your personal residence to be easily hacked into, if we might not now be dealing with the new "Julius and Ethel". (Btw, they were executed for what they did.)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

By the time this is over, "Julius and Ethel" will be re-classified as rank amateurs !!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What's the deal?? Why hasn't she been charged? Will she be charged??

I have a very long military background. I can this with 100% certainty, If I breached security protocol, my clearance would have been revoked, and punishment would have been served.

I just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hotspace
What's the deal?? Why hasn't she been charged? Will she be charged??

I have a very long military background. I can this with 100% certainty, If I breached security protocol, my clearance would have been revoked, and punishment would have been served.

I just don't get it.

Two reasons:

1) When the charges do come down (negligence, conspiracy and corruption), it will be the trial of the century...so the FBI knows they better have everything bullet proof.
2) The FBI and Justice know that Bill and Hillary are slippery (squared), and will have back-stories and scapegoats lined up for every indictable offence...so they have to cross these off, and get immunities in place first, to ensure checkmate.

I still cling to the belief, though, that charges are imminent...because enough time has to be allowed to get Biden drafted as the new presumptive nominee.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hotspace

I think, they're still in the process of compiling a list of charges against her.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Let's not also forget we're dealing with potential intelligence leaks. They need to see how far this goes, and they can do that better before a trial.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: hotspace

I think, they're still in the process of compiling a list of charges against her.

Well, if they make a complete list, that might take a while.....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All the whining of "people really in charge" neglects one thing. If Hilary is brought up on charges why would TPTB try and protect her? She has become a liability if such a group exist's. Compound that with it being due to her own hubris... I actually find her getting the support of Holder to be fitting. Anyone ever consider that the reason this is taking so long is because it crosses over into other investigations. Remember Fast & Furious had tie in's with the State Dept when she was at the helm! This e-mail scandal could have some larger ramifications than initially thought. Hence why it is taking so long. Imagine the nightmare of the fact checking that could be going on.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

IMO, if TPTB or Obama wanted to "protect" Hillary, none of this would have ever been released.

This is an international scandal unfolding.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree, I find the whole idea of her being protected by a shadowy cabal laughable. Now political favors and blackmail, that I believe is more probable. I believe she got sloppy because of the things that her and Bill got away with in the past. I think that numerous political legacies are now on the line, including Obama's. All due to the arrogance of one person.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

While the State Department and Clinton campaign have said the emails in questions were “retroactively classified” or “upgraded” – to justify the more than 1,300 classified emails on her server – those terms are meaningless under federal law.

Explain this one to me. If I work for federal government and discuss UNCLASSIFIED material with other government workers...and a few years later all of those communications are scrutinized and some of it is then assigned "CLASSIFIED" designations retrospectively...I am guilty of espionage???

Wouldn't that put virtually every government employee...senators and congressmen included..in violation of the espionage act?

The way the classification system works in the Fed...it is Chicken or the Egg...Meaning if anyone's full email history in Gov. is scrutinized with the express purpose of assigning classifications, some of it is going to be classified when examined for the same.

All politics aside...if the above assertion was true..then that is a mechanism to prosecute anyone in government. Simply demand the last 10 years of all email correspondence, review it for anything that can be classified retrospectively, then prosecute for espionage.

Really confused on this one..

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The difference would be that as a normal government worker, you would be using a department issued email and not some email on some crap you bought from Best Buy.

Even if something was retroactively classified, as long as it was on a government system and no where else, you would be in the clear. If you had the same info in your yahoo mail... you could be prosecuted.

For instance: The FBI uses Blackberry's and those emails are considered unclassified.... but that email server is located inside FBI HQ, not in someones house or bathroom. So if some email you exchanged with a co-worker was later deemed classified, the onus would fall on the FBI and not the individual.

edit on R332016-01-20T13:33:03-06:00k331Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R362016-01-20T13:36:27-06:00k361Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R372016-01-20T13:37:02-06:00k371Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: pteridine

"It may be negligence but it's not espionage "

It is however conspiracy which carries more severe penalty the negligence.

The code worded material did not hop over to unsecured server all by themselves.

Conspiracy to do what? Not use the secure State Department server? If she did try to cover this up, they will have her on obstruction of justice in addition to mishandling of classified information. The GOP wants to make this last as long as possible before she has to withdraw from the race so that the Dems have to scramble. I don't think Bernie is a mainstream candidate unless he can moderate his positions. Bernie in the White House will likely be even more handcuffed than Obama unless there is a change in Congress for the Dems. Even then, Bernie may have a tough time getting what he wants.
Meanwhile, the GOP has Donald "Loose Cannon" Trump to try to get rid of without him running as an independent and splitting the GOP vote. The GOP needs to get politically smart and run someone that can get crossover votes and could win if the Dems stick with the far left Bernie. I don't hold out much hope for the GOP getting smart about who they run, based on their recent track record. These boneheads keep pandering to the Tea Party and Religious Right instead of figuring out who can get elected. It's not like either group will vote for a Democrat, so feed them a few planks of the platform to let them feel like they've been heard and run a moderate.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would do anything to be a fly on the wall, when she gets arrested..... too bad it will NEVER happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Under the applicable laws covering Clintons email insecurity it is a conspiracy for two or more people to be involved in illegal dissemination of classified information.

All classified, and especially code-worded SAP information has to be purposefully transferred from a secure system onto the unsecure system such as what Clinton was using. That's why instructions were given by her to remove headers.

Someone or several someone's with clearance conspired to transfer classified data to Clintons unsecure server, of that there is no doubt.

Your diatribe on election although off-topic is laughable to say the least.

That the IG General and staff had to obtain clearance just to read the Clinton material is an indictment in and of itself when viewed against her claims to not have classified info in her emails nor previously classified info at time of sending/receiving on unsecure network.

The only dragging out going on IMHO is that the email issue has opened a much wider conspiracy for FBI scrutiny involving the Foundation activities and Administration involvement in several other areas.

HillaryForPrison2016

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The difference would be that as a normal government worker, you would be using a department issued email and not some email on some crap you bought from Best Buy.

Add to that the emails that exist showing that people at the State Department urged Hillary to use a government server for her official emails... which she chose to ignore (probably for very specific reasons).
Here is a link to Judicial watch that outlines it.... Link
Washington Examiner

edit on b000000312016-01-20T14:49:14-06:0002America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 14:49:14 -0600200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Under the applicable laws covering Clintons email insecurity it is a conspiracy for two or more people to be involved in illegal dissemination of classified information.

All classified, and especially code-worded SAP information has to be purposefully transferred from a secure system onto the unsecure system such as what Clinton was using. That's why instructions were given by her to remove headers.

Someone or several someone's with clearance conspired to transfer classified data to Clintons unsecure server, of that there is no doubt.

Your diatribe on election although off-topic is laughable to say the least.

That the IG General and staff had to obtain clearance just to read the Clinton material is an indictment in and of itself when viewed against her claims to not have classified info in her emails nor previously classified info at time of sending/receiving on unsecure network.

The only dragging out going on IMHO is that the email issue has opened a much wider conspiracy for FBI scrutiny involving the Foundation activities and Administration involvement in several other areas.

HillaryForPrison2016

It is good that someone who is a part of the investigation is able to report the details on ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I can, without a doubt, and claim with 100% certainty she did not have quote, "intelligence from the U.S. government's most secretive and highly classified programs".

Oh, I'm sure it was secretive, and I'm sure it's highly classified...but there's stuff that even the POTUS doesn't know about that Hillary wouldn't have access to.

That stuff? Yeah, she didn't have anything like that on those servers. So while the news says, "intelligence from the U.S. government's most secretive and highly classified programs" -- it's technically not.

It doesn't make it any better, but I do raise my eyebrow and chuckle a little bit.

She probably knows less than some of us here about those BBT's zipping around.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So you have suspicions about Inspector General McCullough (appointed by Obama) possibly being disingenuous about the letter to Congress?

I seem to remember a void in that post before he was nominated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join