It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: RickinVa

Well, we now KNOW it was her I.T. aide Bryan Pagliano who 'wiped' her server...unsuccessfully (FBI says they are retrieving from it).
One might remember this guy...HE'S the one currently Pleading The Fifth.

Almost forgot about that guy going 5th.

But the justifyers say: it's just another un-credible source

From another thread:

How did the FBI get on a second track of “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business during the investigation into the email server?

Some people will assume that possibly the FBI has recovered information that was thought to be deleted from that server that led them down this new path... I doubt it is anything like that.

Bryan Pagliano is the most likely reason for the additional track.

Bryan Pagliano was paid by the Clinton Foundation for "computer services" to set up and run the home brew email server.

Bryan Pagliano was hired by the State Department in May 2009.

He is most likely to be the cornerstone in what has the POTENTIAL to become one of the largest scandals in a couple of decades. There are many many questions he needs to answer, and while he has every right to plead the 5th which he has already stated he would do during any senate investigations, I doubt if that will work very well when facing a real prison sentence.

The investigation has been going on for some time now, and recommendations for criminal prosecution by the FBI will most likely be forth coming in the next 30-60 days. This investigation is now at the point where they have gathered their evidence, decided who to charge and with what to charge them. Most importantly, it is at that critical stage where the deals are done.... where immunity from prosecution can be granted, or the promise of a lighter sentence in return for testifying.

I believe that Bryan Pagliano is one of those people that the FBI very much wants to get on a witness stand during any criminal proceedings against his boss. Why? Because he alone can answer the following questions:

1. When you were contracted by the Clinton Foundation to setup the private email server, were you given any specific instructions on how that server was to be set up...ie; were emails set to be automatically deleted after a certain time frame, 30, 60, 90 days etc. Who gave you these guidelines?

2. Why was the server registered under a false name?

3. Were you instructed to use a false name, if so, by whom?

4. What software was the server running?

5. What email software was used on that server?

6. Was all software current on security patches?

7. What security measures were taken to protect the server from outside intrusion?

8. Were you promised employment at the state department while contracting with the Clinton Foundation? If so, by whom?

9. As administrator of the server, did you set up a remote login so that you could access the server without physically being there?

10. Did you ever work on the server after you became a State Department employee?

11. Did you ever remotely access the server from your office in the State Department?

The list goes on and on and on.....

Many people believe that there are a large number of people who happen to turn up dead when involved in scandals with the Clinton's, if that is true (and I am not saying it is) then when indictments are returned, one would have to assume that Bryan Pagliano is a walking dead man.... question is will it be an "accident" or "suicide"??

I have only started following this once it was revealed that there was a possibility that there were problems with classified material being on the server, and that is because of my career, 18 years with the United States Army Information Systems Command and the last 7 with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The rabbit hole runs very very deep in this matter and I for one would like for once to see the bottom of it.

Many people, especially die hard Hillary supporters have the fantasy that the press conference will go like this:

"Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen... After hundreds of hours of investigation by a dedicated team of FBI agents and interviews of dozens of witnesses, The FBI has found no evidence what so ever of any wrong doing. Thank you and have a nice day"

I, on the other hand, expect that press conference to much much different from the above scenario.

edit on R182016-01-23T16:18:42-06:00k181Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Well, we now KNOW it was her I.T. aide Bryan Pagliano who 'wiped' her server...unsuccessfully (FBI says they are retrieving from it).
One might remember this guy...HE'S the one currently Pleading The Fifth.

Almost forgot about that guy going 5th.

But the justifyers say: it's just another un-credible source

Oh yeah. That guy will definitely get indicted...destruction of and exposure to, top secret intelligence.
unless...he cooperates.

For that matter...Hillary's attorney(s) are also guilty of possessing and storing in an unsecured manner classified intelligence.
edit on 23-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Also possible that Bryan Pagliano, after taking the 5th before Congress has been given immunity (plus Federal protection) and has already made depositions.

Same for some other Clinton "friends".

Not hearing much from some people lately.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

"You were pretty specific in your claim here..."

That's the whole point I made in an earlier post...somebody, somewhere intentionally transferred TS material from a closed network and placed it on an unclassified system. That person(s) is who the FBI very much wants to find, and when they do find them, they are toast.

"Can you support this claim?

Because from what I can discern, the IG was referring to a New York Times article that was cited in an email and discussed the Drone Program....and whilst the US Drone program is well known around the world, it remains TS classified.

There seems a significant factual disconnect between what you are claiming and what the evidence is?"

That's because you didn't bother to look up the earlier post I had referenced. You took it and ran with it without researching it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone, somewhere, had to have taken information off of the classified network and purposely put it on a unclassified network. It had to be deliberately done. I can not address the over marking of material, that may or may not be the case.

There is an instance of an email containing satellite imagery that was transmitted across Hillary's server, and if that imagery came from a military satellite, it would have been classified at the Top Secret/Secret Compartmented Information classification.

"At best entirely unsupported and at worst completely false?""

It is so obvious that you are making wild accusations without the slightest effort at any research...again I am amazed that ATS allows this stuff to continue on and on....

It took about 30 seconds to google "Hillary Clinton satellite imagery" which was referenced in the earlier post. .. would that have been so hard for you to do before you came here to imply that I was making false claims? Or does that not fit your agenda? I find it strange that the only source I can find that it was about drones came straight from Hillary herself. Wear blinders much?

hotair.com...

Most seriously, the Inspector General assessed that Clinton’s emails included information that was highly classified—yet mislabeled as unclassified. Worse, the information in question should have been classified up to the level of “TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN,” according to the Inspector General’s report…In short: Information at the “TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN” level is considered exceptionally highly classified and must be handled with great care under penalty of serious consequences for mishandling

www.nytimes.com...

Specifically, the inspector general told members of Congress that two emails should have been classified as top secret, with one of them designated “TOP SECRET//SI//TK/NOFORN.” Officials familiar with the nomenclature said that “SI” stood for “special intelligence,” usually indicating an intercepted communication, and that “TK” was routinely used as an abbreviation for Talent Keyhole, showing that the communication or an image was obtained from a satellite.

Next question?

I have many years under my belt in the intel community with a TS/SCI clearance and SAP programs.... I don't make crap like that up. And I have no doubt that the IG knows exactly what he is talking about.

And again for the record.... Hillary Clinton is in some seriously deep dookey.... up to her neck.

BTW: Your apology is accepted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: For those of you who want to learn a little more about the imagery issue, the following site sums it up very well and is correct in everything they say about the imagery.... I do not subscribe to the theory that someone was selling stuff, which is a claim that is made there, but they do an excellent job of explaining stuff:

www.redstate.com...

AGAIN BEFORE SOME IDIOT SAYS SOMETHING....I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYBODY PURPOSELY SOLD STUFF....IGNORE THAT PART AND FOCUS ON THE PART ABOUT SATELLITE IMAGERY.( I choose not to believe it because if that was true, then you have a clear cut case of espionage..I just can't believe that even Hillary would be that freaking stupid ). The part about cleared people can bring electronic devices into a SCIF is incorrect... that is absolutely not allowed under any circumstances.... they could sneak one in... they don't physically search people when they enter a SCIF or when they come out.. not in any of the dozens I have been in anyways.
edit on R332016-01-23T22:33:21-06:00k331Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R402016-01-23T22:40:20-06:00k401Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R412016-01-23T22:41:11-06:00k411Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Let's put this to bed once and for all.

Hillary Clinton is GUILTY of at least THREE counts of mishandling classified information. Do I need to repeat this? Hillary Clinton is GUILTY of at least THREE counts of mishandling classified information.

I only need one single source to prove my point:

PROOF

1. On 11 August 2015, the Inspector General for the Intelligence Community informed certain members of Congress that at least ONE email from Hillarys server contained information that was classified TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN.

2. TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN.....All I need to see is TK... TK stands for TALENT KEYHOLE.... google it... I don't need to explain it. Educate yourself. It has absolutely nothing to do with drones or any NY Times news article about drones.

3. The TALENT KEYHOLE designation means that the information in question came from SATELLITE IMAGERY that is some of the most protected classified information there is.

4. IMAGERY from the TALENT KEYHOLE program is classified TS/SCI the instant that image is snapped. Let's repeat that once again for for clarity: IMAGERY from the TALENT KEYHOLE program is classified TS/SCI the instant that image is snapped.

5. Do you understand #4? Let me clarify it even further..... that imagery is classified TS/SCI before it even hits this freaking planet, much less Hillarys email server.

6. Once that imagery is transmitted back to this planet, it is reviewed by intelligence analysts who determine if it contains relevant information according to a set of pre-determined guidelines, based on what ever it is they are looking for. That analyst(s) will write a summary of their findings and attach it to the imagery. That summary is classified TS/SI/TK/NOFORN as well as the actual imagery. Doesn't matter if they are together, or separate, they are both considered TS/SI/TK/NOFORN.

7. We haven't even hit Hillarys server yet!! Still with me????

8. Somebody, somewhere, willfully and knowingly took either that imagery or the summary or both off of the TS/SCI network and deliberately placed it on a unclassified network. A CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED AT THIS POINT BEYOND A DOUBT. Still haven't hit Hillarys server yet!!!

9. Somehow that information wound up on Hillarys email server. Doesn't matter at this point any more who, what, why, or how except to the FBI who now wants to know the identity of that person. The fact that that information is now on her server is GROSS NEGLIGENCE IN THE HANDLING OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. It is her server, and as Mr. Gump so eloquently put it, it is going to bite her "directly on the buttocks."

You are now looking at 1 count of gross negligence in the handling of classified information.

10. The only people who can down grade that classification is the controlling authority, which would be the agency that runs the TK Program.... the State Department nor Hillary Clinton do not possess that authority. This information is still classified at the highest levels. Still with me???

11. Hillary "caused to be placed" classified information on a thumb drive which was not accredited to hold TS/SCI information. By the virtue of using her own private email server, she is at fault. Doesn't matter whether her or an aide did the actual transfer to the thumb drive at this point.

You now have 2 counts of gross negligence in the handling of classified information.

12. Hillary "caused" the thumb drive to be given to her lawyer to keep, who was not and can not have been cleared to possess such material because the State Department did not have the authority to grant him such a clearance, that would have had to come from the controlling authority.

You now have 3 counts of gross negligence in the handling of classified information, all stemming from the exact same piece of classified information.

That is just 1 email. Just 1 email out of over 1,000.

You think I am making this crap up? Prove it....you can't.

Anybody who has worked in the intelligence field will confirm what I just told you.

Sum it up... Hillary is guilty of at least three counts of gross negligence in handling of classified information. Doesn't matter if it was marked or not by the time it hit her server in the eyes of the government. She should have known that it was classified. That is what gross negligence is.....there is no need to prove criminal intent on Hillarys part, just the mere possession of the information outside of strict control is enough for a conviction.

Prove me wrong.

EDIT: This is actually one of those rare instances where you are guilty until proven innocent because of possession, that is the way the laws are written. They already know you are guilty long before they decide to talk to you about it. Hillary is in some seriously deep doo doo.

edit on R312016-01-24T09:31:50-06:00k311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R342016-01-24T09:34:48-06:00k341Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R442016-01-24T09:44:35-06:00k441Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R002016-01-24T10:00:46-06:00k001Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I have many years under my belt in the intel community with a TS/SCI clearance and SAP programs.... I don't make crap like that up. And I have no doubt that the IG knows exactly what he is talking about.

And again for the record.... Hillary Clinton is in some seriously deep dookey.... up to her neck.

BTW: Your apology is accepted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: For those of you who want to learn a little more about the imagery issue, the following site sums it up very well and is correct in everything they say about the imagery.... I do not subscribe to the theory that someone was selling stuff, which is a claim that is made there, but they do an excellent job of explaining stuff:

www.redstate.com...

AGAIN BEFORE SOME IDIOT SAYS SOMETHING....I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYBODY PURPOSELY SOLD STUFF....IGNORE THAT PART AND FOCUS ON THE PART ABOUT SATELLITE IMAGERY.( I choose not to believe it because if that was true, then you have a clear cut case of espionage..I just can't believe that even Hillary would be that freaking stupid ). The part about cleared people can bring electronic devices into a SCIF is incorrect... that is absolutely not allowed under any circumstances.... they could sneak one in... they don't physically search people when they enter a SCIF or when they come out.. not in any of the dozens I have been in anyways.

I admire your tenacity. I equate it to a teacher of pre-schoolers.

They don't care that you actually did this work at some of the highest levels.

These folks would tell Michaelangelo that he doesn't know squat about painting, if that's what was needed to prop up Hillary.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This little episode will either go down as Hillary supplanting Teapot Dome and Watergate as America's biggest corruption story....or Obama / Lynch as America's worst traitors and criminals ever.

What's not to like about either of those ? Though I prefer that the right thing be done, and an actual trial take place.

Of course a GOP prez-house-senate bringing a trial for all 3 of them in 2017 would be sweet.

The only downside of that would be real, actual murder and mayhem in the streets by their sycophants. You'd see the true, real character of BLM-NBP-OWS-CAIR-LARAZA-LGBT.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What she was doing was illegal as hell.
My guess why she used a private server in the first place was to accomplish exactly what happened, the server was hacked, so that the information could be shared by those she actually has loyalty for. And, in this way she can acclaim "I didn't give the information to "X", they stole it"

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: intrptr

What she was doing was illegal as hell.
My guess why she used a private server in the first place was to accomplish exactly what happened, the server was hacked, so that the information could be shared by those she actually has loyalty for. And, in this way she can acclaim "I didn't give the information to "X", they stole it"

The fact that she did all of this with 100 % intent is also obvious as hell. It was done with the sad belief that both she and her husband could get away with anything, and lie on the stand to congress with impunity. After Bubba did it scot-free, why would she ever think she'd have it any different ?

I think she just failed to anticipate all of the dynamics that are falling into place today. It looks like she also thinks that as a presidential candidate, they wouldn't dare indite her. I think that's really why she's hanging in there. As the dem candidate, she probably thinks that they just won't blow her up.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hilarious. Yes, she received an email referencing a North Korea missile test site...and some "intelligence" wonk can choose to retroactively classify it as TK "derived"...meaning they can infer that the NK Missile test location was derived from some classified satellite imagery..

But it could have just as easily come from Google maps..

North Korea’s Nuclear Test Facility Has 3 Out of 5 Stars on Google Maps
nymag.com...

Google Maps reveals exact site of North Korea’s nuclear test, plus nearby test facility and gulag
www.washingtonpost.com... -gulag/

Nuclear Test Facility and Test Sites - Google
www.google.com...

Hillary Clinton is GUILTY of at least THREE counts of mishandling classified information.

I only need one single source to prove my point:

PROOF (redstate.com)

redstate.com..???

You are in for a whole lot of disappointment and I need only one source to prove my point...reality..

When you can search google maps and identify where NK is testing nukes...That doesn't qualify as TK derived info.

Again...I am no Hillary fan, just a fan of reality.....and there is just a large vitriolic reality gap between the GOP campaign headlines on the issue and actual substance..

The truth is, I..nor anyone else..needs to debate this, because reality is reconciling it.

The ideological/campaign spin BS desperately needs folks on threads to shout about how she is a criminal precisely because the evidence and investigation is leading nowhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

90% of the propaganda is coming from The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign

They have strong PR firms and deep cover operatives.

(>_-)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The following is pure speculation on my part:

I think what we are seeing today is the delicate movements in a very serious game of chess.

On one side of the board, you have the intelligence community at large, on the other side of the board is the Whitehouse.

These little drip drip drip of morsels have nothing at all to do with some sort of vast "right wing conspiracy" as Hillary proclaims.

Hillary is just a pawn in a game.

The intel community has Hillary in a virtual checkmate at this point and everybody is making their final moves.... these little leaks are simply to let the Whitehouse to know that they have enough on her to put her away, and they do not want the Whitehouse to interfere...they want her worse than they wanted Petraeus. They want to make an example out of her, and rightly so.

This rabbit hole goes very very deep in my opinion and we most likely will never truly know exactly how deep. How much did the Whitehouse know? How much does Bill Clinton know?

This could take down a sitting president, a former president, and a former Secretary of State along with a host of others.....

When you look at everything that is starting to come out, it almost appears that while serving as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton was basically running a shadow government,,, she had her own private little intel group giving her info that she may have used to further cement her eventual run for president.

I am telling ya there ain't enough popcorn in the world for this if it ever goes full blown.

Or they may just stop it with Hillary... I can't see any way in the world for her to get out of this.

This is a conspiracy site.... and we have what could possibly be the mother of all conspiracies sitting right in our laps.

edit on R592016-01-24T13:59:59-06:00k591Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The truth is, I..nor anyone else..needs to debate this, because reality is reconciling it. 

Says the person who has no idea the responsibility or laws involved with classified info.
Hillary is toast the only question is who burnt her.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My gut tells me, based on all I have read and researched so far, that we are dealing with an international cartel of high-level government and government-connected people who are using mafia-type methods to hide and launder money, silence people, and implement an agenda.

Look at the people and the types of illegal enterprises for which they were imprisoned that Bill Clinton pardoned, and then look at the strong-arm criminals whose sentences he commuted.

That foundation, imo, is going to be key in discovering some of the tangled web they have weaved.

What a great way, through a so-called charitable foundation, to move money around, launder it, and influence peddle.
It is going to take investigative acumen to unravel it. Whoever does it will go down in the history books as one of the greatest investigative geniuses of all time.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Some intelligence wonk.....

Nice choice of words.

I can guarantee you that in a matter of this importance, it was not based on the advise of some GS-7 Intelligence Analyst, or as you like to call them, some intelligence wonk.

I really don't know what universe you inhabit, but in mine,,, at decision like that would have came from the top of that respective reviewing agency and it definitely would not have been based on the advice of a single "intelligence wonk"

In my universe, they would have called in their top people to review this information and make a determination.

In my universe, any intelligence analyst that can't tell the difference between google maps and TK satellite imagery would not have been employed long enough to even be involved in this matter...

But I guess and everyone else live in some fantasy land universe.

edit on R072016-01-24T14:07:20-06:00k071Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R112016-01-24T14:11:05-06:00k111Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The nature of the rift between CIA and State/Hillary isn't that mysterious..

The CIA ran guns in Libya to help overthrow Kaddafi...Afterwards, rocket launchers and other US weapons (predictably) fell into the hands of extremists via former rebels selling the arms for profit.

State/Stephens was sent to network and identify sellers and set up buy backs at above market prices...claw back as many of the heavy arms as possible before Islamic Extremists. The CIA had the annex supporting Stephens mission. They carried the cash and purchased back weapons and when cash didn't get the job done used force. They also kidnapped extremists.

Extremists, frustrated that they were being outbid for the weapons, and were being targeted, decided to take out their competition.

That was Benghazi (State + CIA)...Consulate + CIA Annex...and when it went south, the debate over Cover Story and finger pointing erupted.

Everybody screams about Benghazi...Very few people ask what the eff the CIA Annex was about and why they were working with Stephens and what the mission was. That has been debated in closed door sessions.

In the joint CIA/State buy-back mission. Who was responsible for security? It could be argued that the CIA hung her out to dry, knowing she could not publicly discuss the joint CIA/State OP and was on her way out as Sec of State...thus she could take all the heat.

But her returning as POTUS? Many in the CIA who could be viewed as having used her as a scapegoat and cover (when she was a departing Sec of State) will not be comfortable with her as suddenly returning as POTUS with an ax to grind.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

In my universe, any intelligence analyst that can't tell the difference between google maps and TK satellite imagery would not have been employed long enough to even be involved in this matter...

But I guess and everyone else live in some fantasy land universe.

The data was not "imagery"??? Not sure if you have been paying attention?

It refereed to an email that referenced the location of a NK Nuclear test site..it didn't have imagery associated with it?

The TK designation was inferred...data DERIVED from ...

I simply pointed out that all one has to do to find where NK tests it's Nukes is to search Google Maps for the same...

So yah...that data could have "Derived" from TK classified imagery, but it also could have "Derived" from google maps...

Kind of along the lines of the NY Times article on the US drone Program being classified as Top Secret..

And yes...for the most part the Intelligence analysts responsible for classifying information are highlighter-pen jockeys...I have met some outstanding folks, but they aren't assigned to comb through thousands of pages of emails making redactions.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Put another way I5, if I snap a pic of something at area 51 and publish it and a public official with clearance comments upon it in unsecured media rather than the usual "no comment" that's a free pass for that official.

I guess I read something different in the pertinent laws.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You know, I hate to tell you this.. but you are not really doing yourself or your argument any favors when you mention google maps and TK satellite imagery in the same discussion.

I have seen plenty of TK satellite imagery and there is no mistaking it what so ever. You're talking real time ultra high resolution satellite images vs cached low resolution images that are any where from months to years old. There simply is no comparison.

As for the data derived, that would be the data that came from the intel analyst who reviewed the images. It would be easily discernible immediately to anyone who saw it. It would have referenced data markers from the imagery along with codes to tell you when and what satellite took the imagery. It's a real grasp to try and come up with any other answer.

edit on R222016-01-24T16:22:02-06:00k221Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hillary’s team copied intel off top-secret server to email

The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private e-mail address, former State Department security officials say.

Clinton and her top aides had access to a Pentagon-run classified network that goes up to the Secret level, as well as a separate system used for Top Secret communications.

The two systems — the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) — are not connected to the unclassified system, known as the Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet). You cannot e-mail from one system to the other, though you can use NIPRNet to send ­e-mails outside the government.

Somehow, highly classified information from SIPRNet, as well as even the super-secure JWICS, jumped from those closed systems to the open system and turned up in at least 1,340 of Clinton’s home e-mails — including several the CIA earlier this month flagged as containing ultra-secret Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Programs, a subset of SCI.

SAP includes “dark projects,” such as drone operations, while SCI protects intelligence sources and methods.

“It takes a very conscious effort to move a classified e-mail or cable from the classified systems over to the unsecured open system and then send it to Hillary Clinton’s personal e-mail account,” said Raymond Fournier, a veteran Diplomatic Security Service special agent. “That’s no less than a two-conscious-step process.”

He says it’s clear from some of the classified e-mails made public that someone on Clinton’s staff essentially “cut and pasted” content from classified cables into the messages sent to her. The classified markings are gone, but the content is classified at the highest levels — and so sensitive in nature that “it would have been obvious to Clinton.” Most likely the information was, in turn, e-mailed to her via NIPRNet.

To work around the closed, classified systems, which are accessible only by secure desktop workstations whose hard drives must be removed and stored overnight in a safe, Clinton’s staff would have simply retyped classified information from the systems into the non-classified system or taken a screen shot of the classified document, Fournier said. “Either way, it’s totally illegal.”

FBI agents are zeroing in on three of Clinton’s top department aides. Most of the Clinton e-mails deemed classified by intelligence agency reviewers were sent to her by her chief of staff Cheryl Mills or deputy chiefs Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan.

In one e-mail, Clinton pressured Sullivan to declassify cabled remarks by a foreign leader.

“Just e-mail it,” Clinton snapped, to which Sullivan replied: “Trust me, I share your exasperation. But until ops converts it to the unclassified e-mail system, there is no physical way for me to e-mail it.

nypost.com...

edit on 24-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join