It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Man I love this story....

Heck I might cancel my Direct TV... who needs TV when you got this crap?

NEWS: Hillary used a private email server while serving as Secretary of State.
HILLARY DEFENSE COMMITTEE: Helloooooooooo... she was just a secretary.... it's not like she was the boss or anything! Private emails servers are perfectly legal! DUH!!!!!

LEAK: Some of Hillary's emails contained classified information.
HILLARY DEFENSE COMMITTEE: Hillary never sent or received classified information!!!!!

LEAK: Over 1,000 emails deemed to contain classified information.
HILLARY DEFENSE COMMITTEE: Hillary never sent or received any emails marked as classified!!!!

HILLARY AT DEBATE: No bank too big to fail, no individual too big to jail!!!!!!!!!
AMERICAN PUBLIC: Did she really just say that????

LEAK: Some of these emails contained classified information of the highest levels.
HILLARY DEFENSE COMMITTEE: This one time, at band camp.... Hillary forwarded an article from the New York Times about a drone program. Perfectly legal!!!! DUH!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch:

REPUBLICANS: She's a witch!! She's a witch!!! Burn her!!! Burn Her!!!!
GINGRICH: She turned me into a newt!!!!!!!!!

silence

GINGRICH: Oh wait... I was already a Newt!
REPUBLICANS: Burn her anyways!!!! She's a witch!! She's a witch!!! Burn her!!! Burn Her!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, it's getting tough to go to sleep at night because who knows what great comedy is in store the next day. Just when you start to think it can't get any better, Hillary opens her mouth and proves you wrong.

I wonder who will play her in the movie?

BRB... I have to go get some more popcorn!
edit on R212016-01-23T08:21:35-06:00k211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R242016-01-23T08:24:18-06:00k241Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
dp
edit on 23-1-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Indigo5

I do believe the topic at hand is Hillarys email server.

You insist on talking about me

You repeatedly cited your claimed status as retired FBI to lend credibility and infer special knowledge of the investigation. It follows that I can question the same. If your claimed personal experience is not relevant to your claims then don't repeatedly cite it. You can't have it both ways. Nothing personal.

Implying that the FBI is leaking information to me is a very serious accusation and I would like to know if ATS is going to continue to allow crap like this in political threads.

I did not imply it?...You did?

originally posted by: [post=20284614]RickinVa
Funny, I am retired from the FBI and none of my contacts is saying that the investigation is over... only that it is in its final stages.

Trust me, you and everybody else when know when it is over.

EDIT: in the final stages as far as the classified information goes... I am not sure about the status of any secondary branches of the original investigation.

But once again I have to reply to you and once again you manage to drive the thread away from the topic at hand and in the direction that you prefer it to go.

You seem to be the one driving the topic to a personal place?

How about this...just to clarify and put your mind at ease...I do not think that your likely truthful claim of having worked for the FBI gives you any special knowledge of the status of the investigation? feel better?

I don't see any relevance.

So now that we have dispensed with the personal...can we return to the actual substance?

You were pretty specific in your claim here...

That's the whole point I made in an earlier post...somebody, somewhere intentionally transferred TS material from a closed network and placed it on an unclassified system. That person(s) is who the FBI very much wants to find, and when they do find them, they are toast.

Can you support this claim?

Because from what I can discern, the IG was referring to a New York Times article that was cited in an email and discussed the Drone Program....and whilst the US Drone program is well known around the world, it remains TS classified.

There seems a significant factual disconnect between what you are claiming and what the evidence is?

At best entirely unsupported and at worst completely false?

She said "the best we can determine" is that the emails in question were a forward of a New York Times article on a classified drone program and that they had likely been retroactively classified.

"How a New York Times public article that goes around the world could be in any way viewed as classified, or the fact that it would be sent to other people off of the New York Times site, I think, is one of the difficulties that people have in understanding what this is about," Clinton said.

Though the drone program was classified at the time, it was being written about publicly, which Clinton said, "strikes me as somewhat strange that there would be a — an effort by those who are leaking this — and obviously that's what's happening — to try to raise concerns and doubts about information in the public sector."

www.npr.org...

A few things strike me about this bit...

(1) Fox News and the GOP have once again "Leaked" VERY selective information and gleefully so..
(2) There are silence and crickets from the leak-machinery as far as disputing the context she is giving. If she was wrong about what the TS material was they would have disputed it immediately. This was a leak for headlines absence substance.
(3) We have a very severe leaking problem in this ongoing investigation for political anti-Clinton campaign purposes...and all politics aside...that is a very real issue ..
edit on 23-1-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There have been previous threads onATS that discussed Sidney Blumenthal sending Hillary Clinton emails that contained classified information regarding Libya. There were references to humint assets in place over there.
Someone might want to check them out.
Why was Blumenthal sending Hillary classified info about Libya?
Where did he obtain the info?
Apparently it was info that Hillary was not privy to in her position as SOS... or he wouldn't have sent it to her... and she wouldn't have thanked him for sending it.
So that means there is a mole or moles (with a need to know) in one or more intelligence agencies that was funneling info to Sidney Blumenthal.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There may be some leakage, but that may be part of this whole thing. Information needs to get out to the public because maybe...just maybe...we are dealing with people in high places that have a code of silence among each other. Somebody does not want this repressed, and shoved under the rug. Obfuscation and denial have been the modus operandi with this bunch for decades. It got them by this long. Now it is time to clean this corruption up and somebody who is not part of the code of omertà bunch may be trying to do it by informing us, The People.

Anybody that doesn't know by now that Hillary mishandled sensitive information related to our government, POTUS, and procedures is deaf and blind. Do you even read? The NY Times even?

www.nytimes.com...

With the latest releases, more than 1,200 messages have been found to contain classified information. But even some of those released Thursday were redacted heavily under a privacy exemption. One sent to Mrs. Clinton referring to Huma Abedin, one of her closest aides, forwarded a message with the subject line “Threat,” but the text was blacked out.

At one point, Hillary complained that her Blackberry was having a nervous breakdown. That was probably, imo..lol...when it was getting hacked by China, or Russia, or Iran or who knows who?

Even the one about Angela Merkel not caring for "the Obama phenomenon" is not something that should be on a private server in the bathroom of your home where a hacker could access it. Behind the scenes relationships between leaders can be important tidbits of information. As they say, "loose lips sink ships".

Hillary has disqualified herself from ever having top security clearance....ever! She has to withdraw. This is not going to go away legally.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
There have been previous threads onATS that discussed Sidney Blumenthal sending Hillary Clinton emails that contained classified information regarding Libya. There were references to humint assets in place over there.
Someone might want to check them out.
Why was Blumenthal sending Hillary classified info about Libya?
Where did he obtain the info?
Apparently it was info that Hillary was not privy to in her position as SOS... or he wouldn't have sent it to her... and she wouldn't have thanked him for sending it.
So that means there is a mole or moles (with a need to know) in one or more intelligence agencies that was funneling info to Sidney Blumenthal.

like these? not necessarily Libya, but you can get the gist of the type he was sending....

foia.state.gov...

foia.state.gov... This is one Libya email.. read this one.

foia.state.gov...

It takes like 10 minutes to pull this up... there are tons more

Easy to see why people are questioning what he was sending her and why he was sending it. He worked for the Clinton Foundation as well.

So here you have someone who worked for a private foundation to which she belonged, sending her "intel" updates.... did he benefit monetarily from this? Was he doing this as part of his work for the foundation?

Anybody who has ever seen a classified intel report has to question where in the hell he was getting his info..... some of that stuff probably shouldn't have been released by the State Dept, hence why they are hedging on releasing the last few.... bet there are tons of juicy emails in that last batch they just asked for an extension for.... now its the end of February before they release it.

edit on R132016-01-23T13:13:28-06:00k131Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R242016-01-23T13:24:26-06:00k241Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Damn, you guys are going to the ends of the Earth with some fantastic conspiratorial nonsense trying to pin Hillary with something. If it weren't for mental gymnastics, some of you would not get any exercise.

The fact remains that we have very little information to go on in this case, and there is too much propaganda being spread by the Right Wing propaganda machine that is deliberately trying to confuse people.

Only thing we can do is wait and see what happens. Until they release their findings, all we can do is speculate based on very little information.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They have big information.

The ongoing investigation prevents most of the info to be released.

At best, we the public are seeing maybe 10%.

The super-classified stuff is not being released.

Common sense applies.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Common sense applies.

I like to look at it like this..... lets say there are 1200 emails containing classified info.

Toss out 99% of those emails.

You're still looking at 12 counts of gross negligence in handling of classified info with a possible 120 years in the slammer.

My money is on the bet there are more than 1% of those emails that contain classified info.
edit on R012016-01-23T13:01:09-06:00k011Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R252016-01-23T13:25:20-06:00k251Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R252016-01-23T13:25:39-06:00k251Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
While Hillary wants to talk of two emails of the past, there seems proof the IG is talking about 1,300 other emails that are known contain classified material, including SAP's!

As A National Security Expert, Here’s Why I’d Advise Hillary Clinton That She’s Probably Going To Jail

As of today, almost 1,300 emails that Clinton had on her personal server were determined to contain classified information, and there are several major problems that she faces as a result.

Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III to the heads of congressional committees. In the letter, he states that he has received sworn statements from two Intelligence Agencies (one is rumored to be the CIA) in which they state that emails found on Hillary Clinton’s server contained “Confidential, and Top Secret Special Access Program material.”

Despite the mounting evidence, Clinton claims that none of the emails that she sent or received were marked classified at the time.. That is because the emails in question were purposefully not marked as classified and they were not supposed to be transmitted on unsecure devices over the open internet! Both she and her aides knew this and yet they did so on a regular basis as a matter of convenience.

source

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sidney Blumenthal is a journalist and former political aide.
Why was he sending Hillary Clinton 'Intel briefings'?

She was the SOS, he was a former aide to Bill Clinton and worked for the Clinton Foundation.

He wasn't the DCIA, he never even worked for an intelligence agency.

Why was he briefing her on intelligence matters?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sidney Blumenthal is a journalist and former political aide.
Why was he sending Hillary Clinton 'Intel briefings'?

She was the SOS, he was a former aide to Bill Clinton and worked for the Clinton Foundation.

He wasn't the DCIA, he never even worked for an intelligence agency.

Why was he briefing her on intelligence matters?

Not only that,,, but why would she go outside of normal government channels for briefings? The only logical answer is that because she refused to use a state department email, she didn't have access to the CIA daily briefs... so they went a round a bout way to get them to her.

If she became president, would she use google earth instead of the spy satellites at her disposal?

Extremely poor choices in judgement for someone running (soon to be used to be running) for the highest office in the nation.
edit on R312016-01-23T13:31:15-06:00k311Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sidney Blumenthal is a journalist and former political aide. Why was he sending Hillary Clinton 'Intel briefings'?

While there is no excuse for the lax security of HRC, this copy paste from Blumenthal's wiki page explains the why:

Blumenthal joined the 2008 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign as a "senior advisor" in November 2007.[17] While on a trip to advise Clinton on her presidential campaign, Blumenthal was arrested for driving while intoxicated in Nashua, New Hampshire, on January 7, 2008. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor DWI charge.[18]

After her January 2009 appointment as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton wanted to hire Blumenthal. However, Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, blocked his selection due to lingering anger among President Barack Obama's aides over Blumenthal's role in promoting negative stories about Obama during the Democratic primary.[8] According to a report in the New York Times, "Emanuel talked with Mrs. Clinton ... and explained that bringing Mr. Blumenthal on board was a no-go. The bad blood among his colleagues was too deep, and the last thing the administration needed, he concluded, was dissension and drama in the ranks. In short, Mr. Blumenthal was out."[8]

Blumenthal, a longtime confidant of Bill and Hillary Clinton, earned about $10,000 a month as a full-time employee of the Clinton Foundation. During the 2011 uprising in Libya against Muammar Gaddafi, Blumenthal prepared, from public and other sources, about 25 memos which he sent as emails to Clinton in 2011 and 2012, which she shared through her aide, Jake Sullivan, with senior State Department personnel. In the form of intelligence briefings, the memos sometimes touted his business associates and, at times contained inaccurate information.[19][20]

source

Looks like she worked around Obama and brought Blumenthal on as her personal aide, paid for by the Clinton foundation, interesting!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

While there is no excuse for the lax security of HRC, this copy paste from Blumenthal's wiki page explains the why: 

There is lax security somewhere other than Hillary.
Someone passed him info.
I was aware of the rift between Obama and the Clintons regarding Blumemthal, but how does one go from journalist/political hack to qualified to give the SOS intelligence briefings without ever working in that field?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Common sense applies.

Common sense would tell us to stop putting the cart before the horse. It is possible that they have something on Clinton and it's also possible that they do not. We have to wait and see how this develops.

So far all we have is a whole lot of disinformation that the media, and members on ATS, are purposely perpetuating for political purposes. What that does is build-up the potential for cries of conspiracy if Hillary is found to be innocent of any wrongdoing.

You say "they have big information", yet you are not privy to information that the rest of us do not have access to. How can you make such a claim? Are you perpetuating disinformation on purpose?

edit on 23-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I would point out that the documents going to Blumenthal were most likely coming from the State Department, but that is just an assumption.

imho I think Obama has a lot to do with this investigation and the timing of the disclosures,. There is hatred between Obama and HRC, Obama gave her plenty of slack, with which she hung her self and she will most likely, take a few buddies down with her before it's over.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
When you look at all the controversy surrounding this so far all I can say is this...

I hope that she is indicted on anything including the mishandling of classified information that she may be guilty of. ( I, personally, want to see them throw the book at her for any mishandling of classified information )

Why?

Look at the uproar already... not just here... read the comment sections of any news article about this.... it has reached insane levels on both sides.... what we need if indictments are brought, is transparency.

If she is only indicted only for mishandling of classified information, then you are looking at a trial that will completely closed off from the public at large.... special prosecutor, special judge... everyone involved will have to be cleared to the level of any evidence presented.

The uproar is bad now, it would be off the charts if they have to go closed door in prosecution.

Tick tock goes the investigation clock.

I find it absolutely hilarious that certain people come to a conspiracy website and try to tell people they can't talk about a conspiracy.... only logical reason would be that they have other motives.

A conspiracy is something that involves more than 1 person. Two people involved, you have conspiracy.

Can anyone here honestly say that they believe that Hillary did all of this by herself? Wiped the server by herself? went through and deleted all her personal 31,000 emails by herself?

I say we have a definite beyond a doubt classical definition of a conspiracy.

Hell even the brain dead idgets that blindly come to these threads defending Hillary claim it is a right wing republican conspiracy.

They keep on trying to shut down and divert discussions..... it's getting harder and harder for them to achieve their goals every day and it is upsetting them. The straws they continue to cling too get shorter and shorter.

Keep posting my fellow ATS'ers.... This should be a topic at the dinner tables in this country.

edit on R112016-01-23T15:11:01-06:00k111Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R432016-01-23T15:43:49-06:00k431Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R522016-01-23T15:52:20-06:00k521Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R532016-01-23T15:53:11-06:00k531Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Well, we now KNOW it was her I.T. aide Bryan Pagliano who 'wiped' her server...unsuccessfully (FBI says they are retrieving from it).
One might remember this guy...HE'S the one currently Pleading The Fifth.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So far all we have is a whole lot of disinformation that the media, and members on ATS, are purposely perpetuating for political purposes.

Along with high impact information from the FBI and the Inspector General.

jealousy is a burning sensation in the amygdala.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: RickinVa

Well, we now KNOW it was her I.T. aide Bryan Pagliano who 'wiped' her server...unsuccessfully (FBI says they are retrieving from it).
One might remember this guy...HE'S the one currently Pleading The Fifth.

Almost forgot about that guy going 5th.

But the justifyers say: it's just another un-credible source

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join