It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ability to respond to being friended in kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One thing that's annoyed me time and time again, is being friended by someone in PMs, and realizing they were a poster I respected and wanted to do the same, but instead of being able to just friend them then and there, I need to track down a post of theirs to do it or jump through some other hoop. There's nothing in PM's that allow you to track back to the person's wall from PMs.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'm terrible with my friends list. I probably have people in there who haven't been on the site for years. I just don't pay attention to my friends list much. I really need to get in there and clean up. I know there are people that really should be in there and aren't. One of these days I'll get around to it. Good luck with your list!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Such a feature would be nice! Also, I'd like to see the old feature we had of being able to add respected foes; people with whom we could debate, with whom we'd typically disagree, but could still converse. It was handy seeing who was who, helped keep track when in threads, and we could even see when we agreed with such people (happened more than some might think!). The little headers for each were really cool, I thought. Being able to PM someone from a thread would be nice, too. Now and then, I want to PM someone, and it's a pain the way it is set up now.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Being able to PM someone from a thread would be nice, too. Now and then, I want to PM someone, and it's a pain the way it is set up now.

You just click the little green figure beneath their avatar and click 'send message'.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Do you know why they decided to 86 that feature? The "foe" list, I mean.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's a case of going to their profile and then going to their wall - 'add as friend.' It's exactly what they did to friend you! Two clicks.

Remember not so long ago? To send people a card, we'd have to go outside and buy one. Then we'd have to go to a store to buy the stamps, physically write inside the card and then go and find a postbox. Now it's all vouchers and giftcards via email.

'Arrgghhh ATS!! Why? Why? Why must you force me to make two clicks?! Oh! The effort!!'

Has it gone so far that not having a friend button one-click away is enough to 'annoy?' I'm being tongue-in-cheek with you Puppylove and chiding you gently. Is one click okay in this internet world and two clicks too far. Perhaps three is a humanitarian crisis?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

you can't get to their profile from a pm, you need to either track down a post or look them up with the search engine. There's no where to click in PMs to get to their profile.

They likely saw a post they liked amongst several and where already at a post.

And it's not a crisis, I'm not in a panic, it's a suggestion to help make things easier silly

edit on 1/20/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Not to mention that finding that damn button in the first place is super unintuitive if you don't already know it's there. Normally, the friend option would be under the little green man, or somewhere on their main profile page, not tucked away on the wall...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

In fairness Kandinsky - it was once at our fingertips as an instant no brain fix for a twitchy finger ...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

In fairness Kandinsky - it was once at our fingertips as an instant no brain fix for a twitchy finger ...

Yeah, I remember it well. I was making a wider point that we've become culturally lazy with the things we expect. The next generation will be aghast that anyone had to click buttons at all. The wi-fi mouse will look, to them, like a wind-up gramophone looks to us.

We'll be able to add friends with a raised eyebrow and not even have to sit upright. Someone will be looking to find a 'quicker' way than raising an eyebrow and all the effort it entails. Where will it ever end?

@ Puppylove - you probably have a point. Hardly anyone uses the wall or the friends buttons. Maybe it's really the case that one-click is the limitation of effort for the majority of members today. As sad as that sounds (to me at least), it could be the reality. All the best regardless

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

No, seriously Kandinsky, the issue is finding the little thing. I wouldn't have thought ATS had a friend feature if I hadn't gotten the U2Us.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Haha. yes it does seem ridiculous to " old schooler's " !

Used to break down in my first cars and fix-em myself, with a set of tools and a few simple spares on board, I was able to
see my self on ...

If the problem was worse and required a tow, I would need to walk 50 - 100 miles or flag down some help or annoy any local homesteader for the use of their phone ! ... Sure, that is the stuff of good stories and good friendships.

But how good is a mobile phone and 24hr Rd.Side Assist !??

" Yes Meat Comes From Animals "

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx

Do you know why they decided to 86 that feature? The "foe" list, I mean.

No idea. I loved it myself, but its been gone for some time now. Guessing there was a a reason, but I don't know what it was.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ahem and a clearing of throat...cough.

I wanted to add someone to my friends list the other day (vethumanbeing) and accepted how newer members wouldn't know it was there.

This thread immediately came to mind and that I should post a comment in support of some of the members and posts. As luck would have it, it just popped up in 'My ATS' so here I am.

top topics

join