It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Syrian Army Deploys Russian-Made Military Robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know the US deployed certain kinds of 'robots' in Iraq, and Afghanistan. I know the Air Force deploys 'death from above' drones. But did the US ground forces in Iraq, and Afghanistan deploy drones like these ?

The attack on this height involved six robotic systems "Platform-M" and four sets of "Argo", reports WarFiles.ru. Attack of the robots was supported by the recently supplied to Syria, self-propelled artillery guns (SPAG) "Acatsia" that can destroy enemy positions by a high angle of fire. Read more: in.sputniknews.com...

Seem to me is was a 'sucessful' test.

I have been doing a lot of research.About most if not ALL future combat systems started under GW have been cancelled. And UGVS as fire support and logistical support were axed.

My question what if anything has replaced them?
edit on 19-1-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Classic tactics.

Use the slow big gun to draw out the enemy.

Then use your quick and agile troops to take them out.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sounds lke a plan.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
is this the first use of robots as a vanguard force? what i mean by this is where the robots lead the attack at the front supported by infantry and id asume armor and aircraft(probally drones too) . i mean i know some nations use drones but i cant think of an incident off hand where the robots were the main force at the front w out direct infantry supervision

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

That is what I was trying to find out.

We use drones to spot movement.

We use drones to clear buildings.

We used them for IED detection and disposal.

But I still can't seem to find an answer if this was the 'first' time UCGV's have been used in ground operations.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I would be far more interested if, in fact, Andromeda-D was what called all of the shots for the operation.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

And I find that all the 'future' weapons immortalized on Discovery's tv show is now a reality just somewhere else.

We saw the precursor a decade ago. We saw the future the West wanted now being fielded by the East.

And that is mainly because of our political system. Not because the systems didn't work.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

had never heard of andromeda d before so i found this video (its in russian and i dont speak it fulently) so i figured this may be of interest to you. does this mean that the russian drones commanded themselves ? www.youtube.com... lol forgot the video link
edit on 19-1-2016 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join