It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just so you know. enlarged prostate is misery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ive been having trouble with frequent urination. on a good night i wake up every 40 minutes or so.
last night i was up every 10-15 all night long. couldnt take it anymore.
left work after 2 hours. went to the doc.
as i figured...enlarged prostate.
got some flomax happening now. doc said i should see it take effect in a few days.

god damn it is going to be sweet to not have to wake up 20 times a night.

beware guys....it sucks.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
sorry to hear.

My dad went through that.

He started taking saw palmetto products.

Urinozinc in particular to help him cope.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My father had this happen last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'll have the same issue when I reach his age.

Like father like son right..
edit on 19-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just wanna point you at some "alternative" medicine that isn't crap and it has helped a boatload of folks in your situation... it takes some time to research and to really understand, and I'm not saying something as simple as a couple vitamin pills and some cheap home remedies will clear it up... but I'm not saying it won't, either... but it does take some understanding and work.

start here... www.vitamincfoundation.org

and do an onsite search for prostate ... some cancer stuff will appear and some ways to reverse enlargement are broached.. .the discussion forums are a wealth of info and the mod and community seems decent at self-policing the b.s. out, and there certainly IS b.s. in the alt-med world, as everywhere...

but there def is info that has benefited some folks greatly. Sorry about the broken plumbing.
edit on 1/19/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/19/2016 by Baddogma because: prostate isn't prostrate.. .usually

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this... and I hope your suffering soon comes to an end.

There are foods that can help ease the symptoms, and other foods that can make it worse, that you may want to check out. For example, the lycopene in tomatoes.

Prostate Diet

You might also want to consider some herbal supplements, like saw palmetto and turmeric. I know there's been some talk about urinary tract infections being involved -- either as a cause or a complication -- which D-Mannose can help. And I've heard raw apple cider vinegar can help as well. Fortunately, it's not a problem for my husband, so I haven't really researched the issue -- I just know what I've read and heard in general. But I'm sure with a little research, you could find some good information for your situation.

Good luck!
edit on 19-1-2016 by Boadicea because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Watch out for it making you sleepy, tired, and giving you orthostatic hypotension, that thing where you become dizzy when you stand up.

The people I know who use it say it gets better, but watch out for the first month or so.

eta: Oh, and have the doc test you for your female hormone levels. If your body's extra talented at making estrone and estradiol out of testosterone, you'll end up with BPH and "low T" as the commercials have it. It's easy to fix - a tablet of arimidex every other day.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Someone I know put some progesterone cream (well female hormone cream anyway- think it was progesterone) on their 'taint to even out the imbalances... can be found at same source as I posted ... and it, and generally better nutrition/vitamins, cleared it right up... but I know one (or a hundred) anecdotes don't a fact make... or something like that, but the general ideas seemed valid to me and worked for the folks I know in similar situations.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Generally, female hormones contribute to BPH in a big way. It's one of three or four reasons it happens at all.

Your body gets better at making estradiol out of testosterone as you become older. Or have too much fat. You can block that easily, and it's beginning to be a facet of BPH treatment by urologists, although your GP and older GU guys generally haven't heard about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Being a motorcycle rider I noticed early on my prostate was enlarged, so I did some research and went with Pygeum africanum extract ( 80$ a bottle ) which an African bark and I must say works a treat and is natural.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
ive been having trouble with frequent urination. on a good night i wake up every 40 minutes or so.
last night i was up every 10-15 all night long.

as i figured...enlarged prostate.

beware guys....it sucks.

yeah it sucks.... but it does not hurt

I get the first 2 hours of semi-deep sleep... then it is up every hour, for about 4 times a night

is the problem a prostrate that gets large enough to squeeze the urethra almost shut or is it lacking control of the sphincter muscle? so the waste water can be discharged

I try to not use pills as much as I can... the Two high-blood pressure meds are necessary those I have no choice to take.... So...
I have adjusted for the last 7 years to my required nocturnal bathroom treks ...
besides I have Coast-2-Coast-AM radio on all night & my ups & downs allows me about 15 minutes per bathroom episode to listen to the broadcast until I am back in REM/Dream sleep...

Its not as bad (for me) as the Big-Pharma commercials make it out to be....
if a guy is addicted to lying in bed all night... then a Truckdrivers Friend could be drained into a bedchamber pot under-the-bed as one option

have had not-normal bladder/urethra problems since '72 car accident that not even Duke University, Halstead ward, could not rebuild @ 100%

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Baddogma

Generally, female hormones contribute to BPH in a big way. It's one of three or four reasons it happens at all.

Your body gets better at making estradiol out of testosterone as you become older. Or have too much fat. You can block that easily, and it's beginning to be a facet of BPH treatment by urologists, although your GP and older GU guys generally haven't heard about it.

You are very on the ball there, no pun intended. The best thing I ever did after a Prostate re- bore was to give up Dairy products, they are full of oestrogen . According to the surgeon he cored out what was the equivalent to a pack of butter. That was twelve years ago and touch wood everything went back to normal.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Masturbation......the only natural cure.......seriously....as much as you can stand....it does work....

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Well, makes some sense... and I'll try it as a preventative measure 'cause what's to lose (as long as significant other doesn't object to you 'cheating' with an appendage or one forgets to clear their browser history, that is).

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

would you follow an ayurvedic diet, strictly of course, you would get rid of this problem, and if you really want it, of all other problems as well.

It is simple really. Ayurveda is a science that was perfected over 5 millenias. It focuses on the causes of a disease/ailment/imbalance rather than on symptoms like bull# western medicine. Why and how people are so oblivious to the obvious is beyond me. But they reap what they sow.

In ayurveda, you eat #, you become #. Each people got a unique doshic profile which determine which elements are dominant in their body and mind. Once it is determined, a special diet in balance with your profile is recommended and it mainly focuses on vegetables, fruits, oils, dairy, spices, plants. Every food got some elements in it. And each of these meals will have to be perfectly tuned to your profile, balanced to enhance digestive power, bioavailability, nutrients absorption, metabolism as well as have multiple therapeutic effects that will focus on whatever ailment you want to get rid of.

Even if you think you eat well now, if you eat wrong food combinations, dont chew enough or eat foods/junk incompatible with your constitution, you can eat all organic it wont do any good long term. Chronic and debilitating body/mind diseases will still occur, like we can see today with these epidemic explosions everywhere in this so called "advanced civilization". This science is already complete, all to do is to dig and educate yourself. All ailments can be cured by ayurveda, all but death and severe poisoning. Its called the science of life for a reason, for it knows exactly what it talks about and what it is doing.

Now it is up to you to stick with the failing western medicine that is only wanting to suck you dry or to try something new with open mindedness. The truth is simple, in this corrupted # eating society of hypocrites, if you want to live well you'd better become your own doctor and take responsibility for your OWN health because nobody else really want to cure you or/and really knows what he is doing. The allopathic system is that bad. Focusing on single molecules rather than simply sticking to true remedies using true complete synergical foods and taking into consideration other medical systems instead of spitting on them and branding them heretics and pseudo science, this kind of blind false pride is utterly pathetic. But i digress, you got the message, your choice to have a slow painful death or a blissful serene and fulfilled one.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I lucked out here paps is 58 sleeps through the night without getting up. I'm 33 no sign of issues forming. I had a friend who went bald got on Propecia and he got obese shortly later that was like age 25. Still got full head of healthy hair. I gotta be more thankful for the good genes passed down. Don't look much older than 27 or so.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

You are very on the ball there, no pun intended. The best thing I ever did after a Prostate re- bore was to give up Dairy products, they are full of oestrogen .

Ditching all non-fermented soy is a good idea, too. No tofu for you. Soy is full of estrogen-like hormones.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: anonentity

You are very on the ball there, no pun intended. The best thing I ever did after a Prostate re- bore was to give up Dairy products, they are full of oestrogen .

Ditching all non-fermented soy is a good idea, too. No tofu for you. Soy is full of estrogen-like hormones.

True I don't touch the stuff, people thinking cheese is ok is another no no, as its milk that's been concentrated x 10, as the various cheeses gain popularity , the Dairy intake gets stupid, especially as its a food designed for calfs.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I had problems with an enlarged prostate when I was taking meds I found later I was intolerant to. They caused inflamation of the prostate and many other things. I had flomax, it didn't do anything, that is how I knew something was wrong. When I was peeing, I was peeing a real lot and I was thirsty. The body was trying to detox the meds. The doctors said I was probably diabetic but there was no problem with that so they just collected a bunch of cash for the tests and appointments and told me some day I might be diabetic. I had problems peeing all the time during that time. When I quit the meds, the problems went away.

If you have an enlarged prostate, you have a weaker stream and you don't pee that much each time. If taking the flomax works, then you probably have an enlarged prostate.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Look up stinging nettle tea online. It helped me greatly after giving birth (I lost bladder control which is common). Drink it and you will sleep through the night in peace. It should be easy to buy from nutritional stores, and when summer comes round you can wild harvest this (weed) plant.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

P.s. I am not a dr, I am just a person who was desperately trying to fix my body.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join