It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Speaks at Liberty University Convocation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There is a very intersting introduction to this speech from the Liberty Univeristy President and Trump seemed to be very well received overall. We've heard the MSM, especially CNN, run stories about how Trumps error on one of the bible verses during his speech could hurt him, but as usual they are not focusing on the many positives.

Some of the things revealed about Trump...

When he broke down on a deserted road and was finally rescued by a couple who stopped for him, he rewarded them by paying off their mortgage.

When asked back in 2012 for some help supporting a christian ministry he donated $100k of his own money

When a young man, who was organising a regular basketball tournament in a poor suburb of NY, died, Trump contacted the young mans father and ensured he had the money to carry on the tournament which had stopped following the young mans death.

When the father of a student (who Trump had met in his 2012 visit to Liberty University) contracted cancer, Trump paid for accomodation for the family close to the hospital in NY and was on the phone every week during his illness to see how he was doing.

When a company was closing 3 plants to move abroad, in the process decimating the prospects of the town they were based in, Trump stepped in and helped the company stay in America in that town.

These are not things Trump is talking about - he just did them, all at a time when he was not running for President.

A man, I would suggest, is defined by his actions.

Mods - I did search for this posted elesewhere - please move if it is somewhere that I could not find.

Thanks.

edit on 19/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You got time stamps for when he says that stuff?

I got like 30 min in and it was just all about making the military bigger, half truths on the Iran deal and how he is going to force people to say merry Christmas.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is this the speech he gave during MLK day where instead of talking about MLK he talked about himself the whole time and then praised the high attendance numbers despite attendance for these things being mandatory at that college? I'm pretty sure it is.

ETA: Yep it is. Donald Trump’s Remarks On Martin Luther King Day Were Mostly About Donald Trump

The university occasionally hosts political candidates at its tri-weekly -- and mandatory for students -- convocations.

When the candidate took the stage, his first comment was about President Barack Obama. His second was sort of about King, but mostly about his own success in attracting a high number of attendees to the speech. About 10,000 people attended, according to reports.

edit on 19-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not going to say that just because they are not on google it didn't happen, but the most I can find about any of the claims is that he helped stop a bank from foreclosing on a farm.
That paying off a guys mortgage seems to just be an urban legend that has been told in stories for years.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Not going to say that just because they are not on google it didn't happen, but the most I can find about any of the claims is that he helped stop a bank from foreclosing on a farm.
That paying off a guys mortgage seems to just be an urban legend that has been told in stories for years.
www.snopes.com...

The stories were told at the very beginining ( a couple mins in), not by Trump but by the Liberty University President.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Is this the speech he gave during MLK day where instead of talking about MLK he talked about himself the whole time and then praised the high attendance numbers despite attendance for these things being mandatory at that college? I'm pretty sure it is.

ETA: Yep it is. Donald Trump’s Remarks On Martin Luther King Day Were Mostly About Donald Trump

The university occasionally hosts political candidates at its tri-weekly -- and mandatory for students -- convocations.

When the candidate took the stage, his first comment was about President Barack Obama. His second was sort of about King, but mostly about his own success in attracting a high number of attendees to the speech. About 10,000 people attended, according to reports.

Trump dedicated the record attendance to Martin Luther King. Somewhat egotistical, but I don't think many would argue against him having a huge ego.

Trying to stay away from the policies (though no doubt that will prove impossible!) and focus more on those more human stories of generosity. I don't know if they are true, just that the Uni president relayed them.

The post speech hit pieces in the MSM are not really that intersting, which is why I watched the full video and posted it. Overall I am sure Trump will be very pleased with the event and really will have done himself some good with evangelicals, I believe.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Ah, ya I skipped his intro, so that would explain it. Just looked for trump on the thumbnails and started there.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Trump referred to 2 Corinthians as "Two" Corinthians instead of Second Corinthians, and the press is trying to paint it as the gaffe of the century when Obama is fond of paraphrasing scripture to his heart's content and no one thinks this is an issue.

Heck, Cruz made a reference to the body of Christ rising, and some idiot in the press actually thought he meant for Jesus himself to rise from the grave and support him when body of Christ is a common reference to the body of church believers.

So, I am not too fussed when the press tries to teach me about theology.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Trump referred to 2 Corinthians as "Two" Corinthians instead of Second Corinthians, and the press is trying to paint it as the gaffe of the century when Obama is fond of paraphrasing scripture to his heart's content and no one thinks this is an issue.

Heck, Cruz made a reference to the body of Christ rising, and some idiot in the press actually thought he meant for Jesus himself to rise from the grave and support him when body of Christ is a common reference to the body of church believers.

So, I am not too fussed when the press tries to teach me about theology.

I know, I saw that. CNN Wolf Swindler or whatever his name is was particularly 'serious' about the whole issue, suggesting it could cause real problems.
Seems pretty desperate to me. If this is the best the MSM can do then its just going to send a message to the people that Trump is untouchable. They dont have anything on him.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What a nice man Trump is!

In 1995 Donald Trump was traveling along a New Jersey highway when the limo in which he was traveling experienced a flat tire. Spotting the disabled car along the side of the road, a passing motorist stopped to offer his assistance. After helping, Trump asked how he could repay the good samaritan. The man asked that Trump send his wife a bouquet of flowers. Trump agreed.

True to his word, the bouquet arrived several weeks later along with a note saying, "we've paid off your mortgage."

The story, which has been recounted numerous times including in Forbes Magazine, is just one of many that demonstrate the generosity of Donald Trump according to Jerry Falwell Jr., son of the late pastor Jerry Falwell and President of Liberty University.

"I got to know Donald Trump after he spoke [at Liberty University] in 2012," Falwell told Sean on Hannity. "I learned so much about him that the public never hears." Falwell went on to list Trump's numerous charitable givings.

"Right after he visited here last time I called him about a large Christian ministry in another state that needed some help," Falwell explained. "I learned within a day or two he had donated 100,000 dollars of his own money."

Falwell also recounted the story of an inner inner city basketball tournament Trump rescued from financial disaster.

"He learned about Clyde Frazier Jr. who ran the Harlem Hoops tournament in the inner city and was killed in the 9/11 attacks," Falwell said. "He searched down the family and donated the money to keep that tournament going.

Source

edit on 19-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join