It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to give somebody cancer with an injection?---Remember Martha Mitchell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Of course it is OP.

They're called vaccines.

I have actually wondered if Beau Biden, Arlen Specter, Ted Kennedy, and Robert Novak had the occasion to have the Anthrax vaccine (upon deployment/during the 9/11 anthrax scare) -- it's known for it's maximum allowable aluminum content.

Beau's trouble started with a brain lesion and aluminum toxicity has been linked to brain lesions.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They are as likely to die of radiation poisoning as they are to survive and develop a cancer as a result, actually, depending on the dose, more likely to die of radiation poisoning.

If radiation alone were a sure cause of cancer, all of the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have died of cancer rather than simply having an increased incidence of it.

Maybe. The atomic bomb victims weren't exposed to plutonium, however, and it wasn't placed directly into their bodies. Yeah, they were exposed to a lot of neutron and gamma radiation (and heat and light, obviously), but not a lot that stuck around. Hard to compare the two.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20275729]Blue Shift[

Plutonium is the most deadly poison that I know, of however Strontium-90 May do the trick.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You aren't doing CRAP here for reasurrance ya know.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

lol

(ETA: Obviously, I am just wildly speculating!)
edit on 19-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There's a reason mice are used in medical research.

Examples of chemically-induced models systems abound. Digestive system cancer in mice, induced by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, has been studied since the 1940s. Breast cancer studies have long relied on spontaneous and induced models. Some inbred and genetically engineered mice harbor mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) or other oncogenic viruses and mutations, which trigger mammary cancers in those models. Other treatments with chemicals or hormones can initiate cellular alterations in breast cancer model systems. Oral and lung cancers can be modeled with tobacco-specific carcinogenic compounds.

Some chemical agents may have broad-spectrum effects in mouse models. For example, cadmium has been shown to induce a range of cancers in animals. Arsenic has multiple impacts that can be observed in animal models. These may offer many leads on the general mechanisms of cellular alterations, as well as insights into tissue-specific features as well.

Radiation-induced cancers offer another route to understanding the mechanisms of cancer. Ultraviolet radiation can be used to study skin cancer development in mice. Ionizing radiation is known to cause leukemic changes in mice. Intriguing mouse strain-specific features of radiation effects may lead to increased understanding of the process of cancer development.

Physical agonists may play a role in some cancers. Asbestos fibers may elicit an effect on cells that may initiate cancerous alterations in multiple tissues, and can be studied in mice.
emice.nci.nih.gov...

If they can do it to a mouse, they can do it to people.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Those are specially bred strains of mice with known genetic models that react in specific ways. Sure they can do it in those mice, but it gets less likely in humans because our genetics are less well known.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

a reply to: [post=20275729]Blue Shift[

Plutonium is the most deadly poison that I know, of however Strontium-90 May do the trick.

Thats a myth. Plutonium in its metallic solid form is not that dangerous. As long as its sub critical. Many scientists have performed many tests with it. Its dangerous in the body because the body take forever to get rid of it. So it stays in you, irradiating your insides.

As for its toxicity...not even close my friend. Get a drop of Dimethyl Mercury or Tabun Or VX and on your body and see how long you last. Plutonium is FAR from the most deadly poison. Heck, even talking purely about radioactive poisons, polonium 210 seemed fairly swift compared to Pu.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I can see that as possible. There are many known carcinogens, so at the least, she could have been injected with enough to virtually guarantee cancer down the road. That she was kidnapped is almost surreal. I really need to do some serious reading on the whole Watergate thing. I don't know as much as I should. Recommended sites, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Of course it is OP.

They're called vaccines.

No they're not.
What a completely idiotic thing to say.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Is it possible to inject 'Cancer'?

Yes..of course it is.

How do you think lab mice are caused to grow cancerous tumours and so on in the lab for cancer studies?

They are injected with either cultured cancer cells, which then invade the mice / rats / other animals..(humans?) and grow the desired cancerous tumours to study effects of treatments and progression of growth etc.

Human Papilloma Virus, or HPV if you prefer, is a virus which can go on to cause cancerous growth on the cervix..hence HPV vaccinations in young Women. (Yes, Cancer can result from certain viral and bacterial infections)

Of course, there is also a pleothera of chemical agents, toxins and poisons, radiologic sources and contaminants that once injected can indeed go on to form cancers in the body.

So, yeah, it is possible to inject cancer directly from cultured mutated or cancerous cells...or indirectly cause cancer by injecting viruses, or chemicals that are likely to cause cancer(s) to grow and spread in the body.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Thank you. So, do you think it was possible that Martha Mitchell was telling the truth when she said she was forcibly held down and injected with a cancer-causing agent?

Why would a nefarious group of people use a cancer-causing agent that kills within a year or two rather than just cause some sort of accident?

It makes me think of that Russian spy that Putin supposedly eliminated with polonium210. Why would "they" use something like this rather than just find his "suicided" body? It took weeks for that poor man to die.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Didn't see anyone mention the book, "Dr. Mary's Monkey"......You might be interested in it....goes into the plot to get rid of Castro, and Oswald's supposed involvement.....

The part that got my attention was the early polio vaccine.....because, as a child of the '50's, I was given both injections and later the sugar cube .......but so far, no cancer that I know of.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

In July 1977, Marley was found to have a type of malignant melanoma under the nail of a toe. Contrary to urban legend, this lesion was not primarily caused by an injury during a football match that year, but was instead a symptom of the already-existing cancer. Marley turned down his doctors' advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs, and instead the nail and nail bed were removed and a skin graft taken from his thigh to cover the area.[51][52] Despite his illness, he continued touring and was in the process of scheduling a world tour in 1980.[53]

(emphasis mine)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
How do you think lab mice are caused to grow cancerous tumours and so on in the lab for cancer studies?

They don't give the mice cancer, they breed mice genetically-prone to cancer.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Here is Ben Carson's tale of accidentally injecting himself while injecting rabbits with cancer:

Link
edit on 25-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join