It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechnya leader calls for war on Putin's Critics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well it seems Putin's little buddy Ramzan Kadyrov doesn't like his big buddy being criticized...

Moscow (AFP) - The strongman leader of Russia's Chechnya region, Ramzan Kadyrov, on Tuesday threatened to eradicate "enemy" opposition in Russia, raising more concerns about the fate of Kremlin critics and independent media in the country.

Kadyrov, who rules with an iron grip the North Caucasus region that was the scene of two separatist wars, penned a lengthy diatribe in pro-Kremlin daily Izvestiya against the critics of President Vladimir Putin, calling them a "gang of jackals" who "dream of destroying our state."

"We will save Russia if we don't spare the enemy," Kadyrov wrote, calling himself "Putin's foot soldier" and offering to put the opposition in a Chechen asylum where "there won't be a shortage of injections."

I also see he took a page out of Putin's how to deal with opposition handbook...

Several people who have challenged Kadyrov's grip on power have been killed in the past, including investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya and rights activist Natalia Estemirova.

news.yahoo.com...

Gotta give some credit to him as he is a loyal lackey that's for sure.

If those who oppose Putin didn't have enough to worry about with the Russian government...they now have to worry about Kadyrov and his band of merry Chechan terrorists.

I guess time will tell if he is serious, or just blowing smoke to be relevant.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Kadyrov has obligations to his own kindred first

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kumiho

That would be Putin...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well it is in his own best interest. In the deal he has with Putin he rules Chechnya pretty much as its own kingdom. Every vestige of Russian authority from police to courts have been chased out and threatened if they return and replaced with his own people. He has his own army and sharia is the law of the land. The Russian FSB hates him and has no trust in him and feel Putin has been played. In particular the way nobody in Chechnya does anything about ISIS recruiting. Somebody other than Putin might insist on bring that are back under Russian control. So supporting Putin is his best move for now.

And Putin? He has no choice. With being stuck in Ukraine and Syria, keeping Georgia at bay, keeping Moldova in line, keeping and eye Belarus who has been flirting with the west not to mention having to keep forces on NATO and Chinese borders the Russian are over extended. Having to deal with a rebellious Chechnya would be the final nail in the coffin.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kumiho

Well Putin does consider him a son.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

He has his own army and sharia is the law of the land.

That has no problem doing the dirty work for Russia.

In Late December of last year, Chechnya’s excitable leader Ramzan Kadyrov gave a fiery speech to thousands of his troops, pledging to be “Vladimir Putin’s combat infantry” and to perform tasks the Russian military could not fulfill.

www.interpretermag.com...

Now that's loyalty...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: kumiho

Well Putin does consider him a son.

Some people believe Putin did kill father Kadyrov .

Russia will lose Caucasia one day , rightly so imho.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: MrSpad

He has his own army and sharia is the law of the land.

That has no problem doing the dirty work for Russia.

In Late December of last year, Chechnya’s excitable leader Ramzan Kadyrov gave a fiery speech to thousands of his troops, pledging to be “Vladimir Putin’s combat infantry” and to perform tasks the Russian military could not fulfill.

www.interpretermag.com...

Now that's loyalty...

Well sure, I mean he has literately been handed his own state to rule as he sees fit. the very state Russia spent years spilling blood and money to keep under its control. His other option to get such power would be war with Russia again. Except this way he gets his state, Russia gives up control and makes sure he gets plenty of money to keep those loyal to him happy as well. Helping Putin out on occasion is a small price to pay. I mean Putin let this guy get away with ordering any Russian federal police who tried to operate in Chechnya be killed. As long as he stays loyal he can do whatever he wants. I can not imagine a new Russian leader coming and allowing this to continue. It would be like us giving a US state to a Governor and removing all Constitutional and federal authority over it and then paying him to stay loyal as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt what seems to be an organized group party

Kidding of course.

Don't really know why you give this much attention to this, when Kadyrov can't or will not do anything on his own.

You guys just discussing possibilities. As always

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Two Sith: Master and Learner. And someday the young replaces the old.

The Roman Emperors were occasionally assassinated by their own Praetorian guard.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
At this point he should just come out and admit he ordered the assassination of Nemtsov. Funny how Mukhudinov, the so called mastermind of the hit, still hasn't been caught.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Holy organized group party batman

'Obamabots' defend POTUS

Why not CREATE a THREAD on this?

Here’s some extra toppings on this gang bang thread:
Mitch McConnell Moves To Grant The President Unlimited War Powers With No Expiration Date

. . . People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. . .

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

rightly so? why? is war preferable to cooperation?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

When "cooperation" is de-facto appeasement yes.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

you really just said that....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

you really just said that....

What part of what I said tripped you up?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

maybe try comprehending the difference between war and cooperation and it might make more sense to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Unfortunately , cooperation with a bear usually ends up with all the honey in the bears lap.

I don't know how to cooperate with an ever hungry bear ; I came to understand that the notion of cooperation with a bear is just wishfull thinking .

Bear does look cuddly and funny indeed but one shouldn't let the appearances fool one's perception ; hungry Bear will always eat all the honey .

My lands [ Circassia - Caucasia ] has an unwanted murderer & thief of a hungry Bear since 1864 .

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

that supposed to mean something? what do you wanna do then? exterminate the bear? whats your #ing answer here? shut up. we as a species need to learn to cooperate period.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

that supposed to mean something? what do you wanna do then? exterminate the bear? whats your #ing answer here? shut up. we as a species need to learn to cooperate period.

Hmm , it's suppose to show that the Bear is in the habit of devouring weaker nations around .

What do I want to do ? I want to evacuate the bear from my home .

What is my " F'ing " answer ?

Russian emperialism needs to be nipped in the bud .

As for " Shutting up " ; are you for real ?

You have used the F word above and are also telling other members to " shut up " .

I have been a member here for a long time and I have never sworn in a post nor insulted other users.

One is tempted to make an exception on this case but can't be bothered with it .

You think you are cooperating with the Bear all the while Bear is chomping on your arse .

Russian ambitions needs to be curtailed because Russia is not realistic in it's ambitions nor civil in methods of implementation of said ambitions .

join