It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put Bernie's Tax Plan Into Perspective [Ignore, Bad Math]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Seeing as wall street, bankers, and corporations are Bernie's biggest enemies, I don't think I'd fully trust anything coming out of their mouths or anyone associated with them.

Remember these people want him to fail. So thank you for pointing this out.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

They want him to fail because they all depend heavily on Americans having higher levels of discretionary earnings. If you're taxed to hell you usually lack the resources needed to invest, save, or purchase non-essential goods. Wall Street, banks, and corporations aren't an enemy in this nation...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The actual impact of this plan is even worse... I'm rounding numbers to keep things simple.

$20,000,000,000,000 trillion
$2 trillion each year
There are approximately 122 million federal tax payers in the US.

$2 Trillion / $122 million = $16,000 per tax payer.

The thing is this number is optimistically low as it assumes all 122 million taxpayers bear the burden equally which is not the case in our progressive tax system. The top 10% of income earners pay 68% of taxes. You only needed to make $116k to be in the top 10%. So with this knowledge:

68% of $2 trillion equals $1.36 trillion.

Top 10% of wage earners or 12.2 million people. $1.36 trillion / 12.2 million people = $113,000 / yr. This is almost more than the bottom of the top 10% earn! What does this tell you?

It tells you that there really isn't enough tax payer money at the upper incomes to pay for this plan, much less at the lower end either.

You can even see this with the number being spread out evenly. The bottom 50% of tax payers make less than 35k a year which means they most certainly can't pay.

We'd have to significantly cut military and other social programs to be able to fund this plan. I'd maybe cut the EPA down to 20% of its current budget. Got rid of the Dept of Education. So Bernie needs to tell us what he is going to cut to make this plan work.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Even the banks who have been caught laundering money for terrorist groups and drug cartels?

I would count them as an enemy,

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Even the banks who have been caught laundering money for terrorist groups and drug cartels?

I would count them as an enemy,

...I wasn't aware that HSBC had provided any input whatsoever in terms of an opinion on the 2016 US presidential elections?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

BINGO!!!! Please pick a prize from the top shelf...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: stosh64

You're right, I'm wrong.

I've always been pretty bad at math but this is kind of embarrassing.

Don't feel bad, Bernie can't do math, either... as evidenced by most of his doomed to fail tax plans.

Oh the scary part is that the tax plans would likely fail, but then they might go ahead and pass the health care stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join