It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put Bernie's Tax Plan Into Perspective [Ignore, Bad Math]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's okay. I haven't met one Bernie supporter yet who can do simple math!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
#TaxedEnoughAlready

Even if it's cheap !!!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Because we spend too much on military. It's really as simple as that, if you don't think so then there's not much more I can say. If we put some of that money back into the economy it would help out tremendously on the homefront instead of using it to "liberate" other countries we have no business liberating.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Nice! I like calling people stupid too! It makes me feel better about myself!

edit on 1/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: stosh64

You're right, I'm wrong.

I've always been pretty bad at math but this is kind of embarrassing.

Foot is squarely in mouth right now.

We have all done it. ATS is like family so you are forgiven...at least by me

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

*****Ignore this, my math was wrong! Thanks Bluntone22 for correcting my mistake!*****

No reason to ignore the thread. It's actually pretty enlightening -- as a whole -- even if it wasn't the point you intended to make.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yeah it was very enlightening, I'd say that what little support of Bernie I may have had has fallen to the wayside for now. I can't afford $6,000 more in taxes per year, that's a bit ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
nvm redid maths

Uh-huh.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

*****Ignore this, my math was wrong! *****

That should proceed every single Democratic Budget Plan.

YOU however should remove that part of the thread, this should NOT be ignored, as it IS good information, even if your initial idea was wrong.
edit on 1/19/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

You're right, I'm wrong.

I've always been pretty bad at math but this is kind of embarrassing.

Don't feel bad, Bernie can't do math, either... as evidenced by most of his doomed to fail tax plans.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And you have nothing to apologize for OP, Bernie does. It's his plan

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I edited it to have the real number.

Not looking good for Bernie. I feel the Bern! Of the hole in my wallet.

edit on 1/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

I'm sure there are quite a few former Bernie supporters who can, though.
There has to be some reason that Bernie's core of support is most apparent among millenials who enjoyed the wonders of "new math" where 1 plus 1 equals whatever you want it to, snowflake. I honestly think the guy is wholey dependent on voters so entitled and disenfranchised that they are happy to believe everybody can get whatever they desire for nothing if only Bernie is in office.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And let's say we fix Bernie's plan for a moment by offsetting taxes by reducing military spending. Excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that??

Let's lay off every soldier, airman and sailor, mothball every ship and plane, scrap all the hardware and vacate the pentagon. Let's spend abolutely ZERO on defense. That will save us maybe a trillion.

Give that cash to bernie for his plan, and now you just have to pay 500 additional in tax a month instead of a thousand.

Bear in mind, we will have absolutely no national defence, and an additional massive hoard of unemployed.

But we'll have free healthcare for everybody!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

If you had read the OP you would have seen I DID include the children and elderly in my math. If I didn't, it would have equaled out to .06 cents per day. That is so much worse... I guess?

This is why you read the entire OP before posting.

I did read it.
What I said was this:

You didn't include children and the elderly to arrive at your paltry '.03 cents per day'. What about the people that will be getting some of that money and don't work, don't pay taxes?

Meaning.... The children and elderly are not figured as paying... Then I asked you about the rest of the people that don't work, don't pay taxes BUT DO suck from the govt teat. There are a lot more than just the children and elderly that don't pay.
Then I wrote this:

If your numbers worked, we should all be able to kick in a couple of bucks a day and pay off the national debt.... and have enough left over to pay us all back the money.... doubled.... plus some more!

Because I hoped that you would see that Bernie Sanders and his followers are a bunch of pie in the sky idealists that don't let real numbers get in their way.
I am glad that you see that now... since you have crunched his numbers for real.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

That made me look up the military budget for last year out of curiosity.

631,280,000,000 / 320,000,000 = 1,971.875

Wouldn't be enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That made me look up the military budget for last year out of curiosity.

631,280,000,000 / 320,000,000 = 1,971.875

Wouldn't be enough.

Yeah, I rounded it up a bit to give a little margin for error

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The point I guess that I was trying to illustrate is that the main problem with going to a socialized system in the US, is that the numbers don't work.

When you start crunching numbers on a calculator the number of citizens versus the number of citizens who are working make numbers that are just to huge. There just isn't enough money. The rich don't have enough to take to make it work, the middle class can't support it, it just doesn't add up math wise.

The only real solutions are to drastically reduce the population to a manageable level, or get manufacturing back into this country in a huge way. If we could bump up our labor participation rate from 63% to I don't know, 75 or 80 maybe?

Then we could talk

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No problem.

One thing to keep in mind though is the 19 trillion claim is being made by the Wall Street Journal and Bernie has gone on record refuting their numbers.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No problem.

One thing to keep in mind though is the 19 trillion claim is being made by the Wall Street Journal and Bernie has gone on record refuting their numbers.

Ah I see, I'll look forward to his true figures then, if it's truely affordable, I'll certainly be open minded about it

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join